Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby RoyalShock » April 17th, 2017, 10:02 am

The Redbirds' stock just took a dip.

Jim Benson @Pg_Benson
9m
ISU coach Dan Muller said MiKyle McIntosh will declare for NBA Draft and then graduate and transfer if he doesn't go pro.
User avatar
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com
 
Posts: 577
Joined: August 5th, 2010, 12:22 pm

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 17th, 2017, 10:46 am

Redhawk wrote:McIntosh leaving is a big blow to ISUr next year mainly because he would have provided Senior leadership on a roster full of transfers and newcomers. This was not exactly a shock though and HCDM has still been actively recruiting for at least two more roster spots. Dan has become pretty good at restocking his roster after a plethora of transfers during his tenure so I will be anxious to see what he is able to do to fill MM's roster spot.


These are the types of losses this conference can't accept after losing Creighton and Wichita. We need to keep our good players in the conference...

Reggie Lynch (ISUr)
Nic Moore (ISUr)
MiKyle Mcintosh (ISUr)
Jordan Caroline (SIU)
Marcus Marshall (MSU)
Domenic Olyczak (Drake - I had to of botched his spelling)

ISUr is getting destroyed with these transfers and they happen frequently.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby Blers » April 17th, 2017, 10:59 am

Curious to hear redbird fan opinions on why they have such a high turnover rate near the top of their roster?

Moore, Lynch, McIntosh (I'm not really sure why Hawkins didn't return this year, would love someone to catch me up to speed on that). Muller def gets talent, it just seems like they have a higher than normal turnover for their top end players.
Blers
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 278
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby uniftw » April 17th, 2017, 11:06 am

Blers wrote:Curious to hear redbird fan opinions on why they have such a high turnover rate near the top of their roster?

Moore, Lynch, McIntosh (I'm not really sure why Hawkins didn't return this year, would love someone to catch me up to speed on that). Muller def gets talent, it just seems like they have a higher than normal turnover for their top end players.

I think Teddy's grade history, being a non-qualifier, etc... caught up to him and he didn't get "the extra year" to make up for it.

His first year was a non-qualifier, which I don't think allows for a redshirt year unless certain, strict, criteria are met. I would doubt he met them.

He was listed as a senior all season by ISU
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 2348
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 9:01 pm

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby Stickboy46 » April 17th, 2017, 11:31 am

uniftw wrote:
Blers wrote:Curious to hear redbird fan opinions on why they have such a high turnover rate near the top of their roster?

Moore, Lynch, McIntosh (I'm not really sure why Hawkins didn't return this year, would love someone to catch me up to speed on that). Muller def gets talent, it just seems like they have a higher than normal turnover for their top end players.

I think Teddy's grade history, being a non-qualifier, etc... caught up to him and he didn't get "the extra year" to make up for it.

His first year was a non-qualifier, which I don't think allows for a redshirt year unless certain, strict, criteria are met. I would doubt he met them.

He was listed as a senior all season by ISU


I believe he could have gotten an extra year if he was on track to graduate at the end of this year. He was not, so no redshirt year. I think he was ready to jump to start making money anyways.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 670
Joined: April 21st, 2015, 9:24 am

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby Cdizzle » April 17th, 2017, 11:43 am

I think the larger question regarding Hawkins is not why he is not returning next year, but how he was ever eligible to play to begin with.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 2153
Joined: November 11th, 2010, 11:28 am

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 17th, 2017, 11:45 am

uniftw wrote:
Blers wrote:Curious to hear redbird fan opinions on why they have such a high turnover rate near the top of their roster?

Moore, Lynch, McIntosh (I'm not really sure why Hawkins didn't return this year, would love someone to catch me up to speed on that). Muller def gets talent, it just seems like they have a higher than normal turnover for their top end players.

I think Teddy's grade history, being a non-qualifier, etc... caught up to him and he didn't get "the extra year" to make up for it.

His first year was a non-qualifier, which I don't think allows for a redshirt year unless certain, strict, criteria are met. I would doubt he met them.

He was listed as a senior all season by ISU


Hawkins could have returned. He chose not to mainly because of his age and time left to earn professional money (25 years old) was limited.

Moore left because his coach left
Lynch dreamed of playing for Minnesota
McIntosh was being recruited as early as January by p5 schools. Voices in his ear half the season!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby Rambler63 » April 17th, 2017, 2:37 pm

Loyola got another big Chicago area commitment today, this time from Lucas Williamson, who led Whitney Young to the 4A state championship.

http://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com ... illiamson/

Williamson joins Cameron Krutwig and Christian Negron, plus Matt Chastain (coming off injury) and transfer Marques Townes. They'll join returning players Aundre Jackson, Ben Richardson, Clayton Custer, and Donte Ingram (all seniors).
User avatar
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 257
Joined: May 4th, 2013, 3:25 pm
Location: Normal, IL

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby Rollbird5 » April 17th, 2017, 2:50 pm

Cdizzle wrote:I think the larger question regarding Hawkins is not why he is not returning next year, but how he was ever eligible to play to begin with.

I think his major was university studies which probably equates to him taking the easiest classes our school has to offer lol
Chicago Cubs are the 2016 World Series Champions!

Twitter: @AMason005
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 639
Joined: January 21st, 2014, 1:10 am

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby JBoss8393 » April 18th, 2017, 10:40 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Redhawk wrote:McIntosh leaving is a big blow to ISUr next year mainly because he would have provided Senior leadership on a roster full of transfers and newcomers. This was not exactly a shock though and HCDM has still been actively recruiting for at least two more roster spots. Dan has become pretty good at restocking his roster after a plethora of transfers during his tenure so I will be anxious to see what he is able to do to fill MM's roster spot.


These are the types of losses this conference can't accept after losing Creighton and Wichita. We need to keep our good players in the conference...

Reggie Lynch (ISUr)
Nic Moore (ISUr)
MiKyle Mcintosh (ISUr)
Jordan Caroline (SIU)
Marcus Marshall (MSU)
Domenic Olyczak (Drake - I had to of botched his spelling)

ISUr is getting destroyed with these transfers and they happen frequently.



Forget Nick Zeisloft (ISUr), went to Indiana now playing professional for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants
JBoss8393
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 34
Joined: April 11th, 2017, 6:15 am

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 18th, 2017, 12:35 pm

JBoss8393 wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
Redhawk wrote:McIntosh leaving is a big blow to ISUr next year mainly because he would have provided Senior leadership on a roster full of transfers and newcomers. This was not exactly a shock though and HCDM has still been actively recruiting for at least two more roster spots. Dan has become pretty good at restocking his roster after a plethora of transfers during his tenure so I will be anxious to see what he is able to do to fill MM's roster spot.


These are the types of losses this conference can't accept after losing Creighton and Wichita. We need to keep our good players in the conference...

Reggie Lynch (ISUr)
Nic Moore (ISUr)
MiKyle Mcintosh (ISUr)
Jordan Caroline (SIU)
Marcus Marshall (MSU)
Domenic Olyczak (Drake - I had to of botched his spelling)

ISUr is getting destroyed with these transfers and they happen frequently.



Forget Nick Zeisloft (ISUr), went to Indiana now playing professional for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants


Oh yes! And Johnny Hill - Purdue
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » April 18th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Seems like ISU has more transfers than normal (kind of a pun). Maybe there is a cultural problem at ISU
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 356
Joined: April 10th, 2017, 4:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests