AAC approves Wichita State to join its ranks

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: What's the next realignment domino to fall?

Postby Snaggletooth » April 7th, 2017, 9:42 am

uniftw wrote:Cool.

So when do WSU fans leave this site?

Day after it is shut down. Which should be about anytime now. 4.....3......2.......
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: AAC approves Wichita State to join its ranks

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 7th, 2017, 9:44 am

Today is the anniversary of the crash that killed "Redbird 7" and sad day by all accounts. Today, our league got worse as well.

So long Landry Shamet and Markis McDuffie
So long mini Shaq and 40 year old Frankamp
So long Gregg Marshall's loose fitting watch
So long Gregg Marshall's water cup
So long Gregg Marshall's crazy wife
So long Shocker fans
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 7th, 2017, 9:45 am

Snaggletooth wrote:
uniftw wrote:Also, WSU fans bitched about travleing to St Louis for a conference tournament. You do realize you now have to go to freaking Hartford, CT and Orlando, FL for the foreseeable future.

We bitched about driving. Since we are the aviation capital of the world we will be flying. All is good.

Can't fly to St Louis?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 7th, 2017, 9:46 am

Snaggletooth wrote:
uniftw wrote:Cool.

So when do WSU fans leave this site?

Day after it is shut down. Which should be about anytime now. 4.....3......2.......

I'm guessing you will see an influx of non-Shocker fans return. This site was really hard to handle with the ultimate troll and screen name changer wondering around it. Shocker Fever....good riddance!!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocks771 » April 7th, 2017, 9:47 am

Adios amigos, should be fun around here next year because literally anyone can win the tournament and make the NCAA's so good luck to all of you moving forward. Going to miss a few things about this league, but can't wait to actually be able to get excited for more than just a couple of games from January through the first week of March.
shocks771
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » April 7th, 2017, 9:52 am

uniftw wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:
uniftw wrote:Also, WSU fans bitched about travleing to St Louis for a conference tournament. You do realize you now have to go to freaking Hartford, CT and Orlando, FL for the foreseeable future.

We bitched about driving. Since we are the aviation capital of the world we will be flying. All is good.

Can't fly to St Louis?

You can usually find cheaper tickets to Orlando. Also, there is something to do in Orlando. Also, it will not be WSU having 6k fans drive 7 hours and the rest of the league bring 3k fans 2.5 hours. A lot in play. We bitched, but we also showed up, paid for all-session tickets and a weekends worth of hotels. Big difference from 7 schools that could wake up that morning and decide to go watch a game if their team was still in it. And most still didn't.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » April 7th, 2017, 10:04 am

Best of luck to the Shox and Shocker fans. I've really enjoyed conversing and occasionally arguing with you all over the years. I hope you tear up the AAC.

Personally I'll still try to catch Shocker games whenever possible. Just a quality program with a dedicated fan base.

Its sad and it does lessen the MVC but it does leave next year wide open.....
Last edited by glm38 on April 7th, 2017, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Old School MVC » April 7th, 2017, 10:04 am

I was actually talking to other Valley fans and we were discussing if the other schools would start bringing more fans now since the tourney will now be wide open? Next year there may literally be 5 teams with a chance to win it. In the past UNI brought decent crowds, when SIU was good they packed the place, and this year ISUr had a nice showing. It will be interesting to see what happens next year.

Good luck Shox next year. My guess is that we will never see you play live again except for a tournament. Don't blame you for leaving, but wish you would stay!
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » April 7th, 2017, 10:11 am

Old School MVC wrote:I was actually talking to other Valley fans and we were discussing if the other schools would start bringing more fans now since the tourney will now be wide open? Next year there may literally be 5 teams with a chance to win it. In the past UNI brought decent crowds, when SIU was good they packed the place, and this year ISUr had a nice showing. It will be interesting to see what happens next year.

I am interested to see if this happens as well. When the Illinois schools are playing on Sat/Sun, they can bring a lot of fans. Hopefully the level of basketball rebounds to the point that many are interested in watching.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Majik45 » April 7th, 2017, 10:16 am

You will be missed Wichita. Good luck in the new conference.

St Louis will not be the same, but here's hoping Bradley can be one of the teams to fill the void of fans.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball