Home And Home w/Wichita State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Home And Home w/Wichita State

Postby municup14 » April 9th, 2017, 5:04 am

Now back to home and home.I don't believe the shox
Will play a home and home series with any valley teams.
They know how difficult it can be sometimes to win on
The road in the valley, except the last 2 years.
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Shockerfan13 » April 9th, 2017, 6:48 am

municup14 wrote:Now back to home and home.I don't believe the shox
Will play a home and home series with any valley teams.
They know how difficult it can be sometimes to win on
The road in the valley, except the last 2 years.

Last 2 years? Lol

MVC road record since 2010-2011 - 52-8 (against current members of the Valley)

I excluded Creighton since they don't count as Valley road losses anymore. Out of the teams currently, that is the record for the last 7 seasons. Don't see that getting much worse if we played a Valley team on the road
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » April 9th, 2017, 8:14 am

Well this discussion has taken some nasty turns on both sides. Too bad but inevitable I guess.

I don't expect the Shockers to schedule home and homes with valley teams. It just doesn't make sense to do so. The AAC is an improved conference (from the MVC) but they have their own anchors at the bottom of the conference that WSU is going to have to contend with that will drag their rpi down. Not that all MVC teams would drag their rpi down but I expect they will try to schedule way up to compensate for the games they have to play against the dregs of the AAC like USF and Tulane.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » April 9th, 2017, 10:27 am

Shockerfan13 wrote:MVC road record since 2010-2011 - 52-8 (against current members of the Valley)

Also, the road record over the last two years has been 89%, while the five years prior to that was 86%.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » April 10th, 2017, 6:39 am

I think the only chance for a H/H with the Shockers would be with MSU.
They won't do one with ISUr or UNI and they would only play the others
at home.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby RoyalShock » April 10th, 2017, 1:21 pm

It sounds like a H/H (starting in Waco) is all but done with Baylor and are in negotiations with one or more SEC schools.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Rogers101 » April 11th, 2017, 11:34 am

RoyalShock wrote:It sounds like a H/H (starting in Waco) is all but done with Baylor and are in negotiations with one or more SEC schools.

Looks like the Shockers schedule is coming together nicely. It will be interesting to see what they can do in the AAC plus with their non conference schedule looking pretty good so far. I hope the Bears try to schedule up this year. We played down last non conference season and this team should be pretty good. I'm hoping for some true challenges in the non conference. We shall see I guess.
Rogers101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » April 12th, 2017, 11:51 am

So much to talk about.

1. Regarding Molina. The pitcher and WSU should never in a million years have caused a pitch to be thrown at Molina. I have do not have any idea of the off record details. It is dark stain on the baseball program.

2. In the future, my preference for home and home game opponents is as follows:
a. UNI - I just like everything about Coach Jacobson's program.
b. Missouri State - If the rpi status improved, it would be fine. There was a time, when the
Bars kicked our butt in almost every game. In the 90s, the Bars record against the Shockers was 14-6.
In the late 90s, Steve Alford was the coach. It seemed like we could never win against him.
And trips to Sprangfield are an easy drive for future road games.

3. ISUr - Players play as their coach permits. This year, the players, well never mind. Don't want to
start a food fight.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » April 13th, 2017, 11:54 am

Ricardo del Rio wrote:So much to talk about.

1. Regarding Molina. The pitcher and WSU should never in a million years have caused a pitch to be thrown at Molina. I have do not have any idea of the off record details. It is dark stain on the baseball program.

b. Missouri State - If the rpi status improved, it would be fine. There was a time, when the
Bars kicked our butt in almost every game. In the 90s, the Bars record against the Shockers was 14-6.
In the late 90s, Steve Alford was the coach. It seemed like we could never win against him.

3. ISUr - Players play as their coach permits. This year, the players, well never mind. Don't want to
start a food fight.

This is a really good and fair post. I hope at some point soon the Bears improve to the point that you will consider scheduling us. I will really miss the games with wichita even the butt kickings of the last 6 years. But of course I preferred the Alford and Cuonzo years when we were on more even footing.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » April 13th, 2017, 12:03 pm

glm38 wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:So much to talk about.

start a food fight.

This is a really good and fair post. I hope at some point soon the Bears improve to the point that you will consider scheduling us. I will really miss the games with wichita even the butt kickings of the last 6 years. But of course I preferred the Alford and Cuonzo years when we were on more even footing.

The regional nature makes an MSU series appealing. For all sports.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball