Home And Home w/Wichita State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Home And Home w/Wichita State

Postby Rogers101 » April 7th, 2017, 8:03 pm

Lot of butt hurt going on in here. On both ends. The remaining 9 need to understand the Shockers are leaving because they've outgrown the Valley. We all had our chance and didn't capitalize. Shockers fans seem to like to keep trying to poke at the league. You got your promotion, take it in stride. Yelling scoreboard only lasts so long. Even legacy schools (North Carolina, UCLA, Ohio State) have struggled from time to time. Wichita St. isn't in the class currently.

Wichita took advantage of an extremely great time to be elite. They have had a nice 7-8 year run here. They will also have a downtime again. I do hope that Missouri State can get back into that upper 100 echelon and get to play the Shockers moving forward as I've always liked the games in the past.

From the Valley standpoint, we need SIU/MSU/Bradley to start playing more consistent. This is a good conference and with 2 more additions of teams in the top 150, I think we can still be a 9th or 10th ranked conference. We need to take care of ourselves more so than worrying about playing Wichita or Creighton every year. There is an obvious hole to fill and it's open to anyone. If someone is going to bloom into a dynasty team, the timing couldn't be any better. I'm looking forward to next year. It should be an uber competitive league and I think my Bears may even float around 1st or 2nd. It's fun to have a chance, even when getting the chance to play top 10-15 teams twice a year. That just tells you how fast Wichita blossomed.
Rogers101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ACECARD » April 7th, 2017, 8:56 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
rjl wrote:I can tell you are hurt.

But honestly, I'm here to sincerely say that you can go f*** yourself.

This, ladies and gentlemen... completely summarizes Shocker Nation. What a sad, pathetic fan base.

I don't know about the entire Shocker fan base, but it sure summarizes the A-hole Shocker fans who post to this board. So long, and don't let the door hit you in the arse.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » April 7th, 2017, 9:57 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:Will Wichita play home and homes with Valley teams? I would love my Redbirds to keep playing them once a year

I don't believe so in the near future. I do think there is possibility with some valley teams where there was a good relationship and it makes sense from RPI perspective (e.g. home and home) or quality opponent buy game. There is no chance with ISUR.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShoxNAwe » April 7th, 2017, 10:18 pm

With 40 years of Valley history behind me, I too wish the schools all the best. I remember those great 80's - Drake, Bradley, Illinois Sate, Creighton and Tulsa - all vying for spots in the Top 25 and players pushing for All-American status. Unfortunately, those teams left or are struggling to regain any kind of relevance.

My only vengeance lies with the fans who said WSU would not, could not rise above the horrors of the 90's to get back to and surpass the 80's level of success. Told ya so. Just because you cannot raise yourself to that level doesn't mean that someone else cannot. WSU refused to settle for second class, you should not settle either.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Old School MVC » April 8th, 2017, 4:49 am

For those who say WSU will probably not play any MVC teams for a few year, don't hold your breath. I can almost guarantee next year in the tourney the committee will have a 3 seed Shockers play the MVC auto bid. They love to do that stuff!
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby municup14 » April 8th, 2017, 6:06 am

rjl wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:Tells you exactly where Shocker fans priorities lie...

They'd rather be trading jabs on a former message board than talking to folks on their new one... but wait, they can't puff their chests out over there yet so there's little to talk about other than which football team they'll have to root for since they arrived without one.

Good riddance. Maybe this board will be habitable again.

I can tell you are hurt.

But honestly, I'm here to sincerely say that you can go f*** yourself.

Maybe him f#@+ hisself is better than f#$@& your wife.ha ha couldn't resist it
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby municup14 » April 8th, 2017, 6:20 am

You can take your dirty baseball team with you also.
Remember when your old coach told your picture to
Purposely hit the Aces batter who was 20 feet away
From the batters box.We all have skelones in our closets.
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Shockerfan13 » April 8th, 2017, 8:20 am

municup14 wrote:You can take your dirty baseball team with you also.

Oh good Lord. Get over it lol
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby rlh04d » April 8th, 2017, 8:38 am

I'd like to see us prioritize a series with Bradley for history's sake.

I also don't think there are anything but positives for games against Illinois State and UNI in the future, but I would be mildly surprised if we did anything with IlSt given the bad blood. I'd prefer not to leave and cut all connections to the past like Creighton did.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Veritas » April 8th, 2017, 9:05 am

municup14 wrote:You can take your dirty baseball team with you also.

You are obviously over your limit. Time for you to go home cup, and please call a taxi. Don't want to get a DUI.
Veritas
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball