Home And Home w/Wichita State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Home And Home w/Wichita State

Postby Cdizzle » April 7th, 2017, 2:02 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:
Not sure why ISU would be interested in a 40 point loss on their resume again next year anyway.

This is what you said and it lacks humility. If you can't see that, then I am guessing you have issues rubbing people the wrong way in your personal life quite often.

I'm aware of what I said. I just didn't say it until after people started popping off.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 7th, 2017, 2:05 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:
Not sure why ISU would be interested in a 40 point loss on their resume again next year anyway.

This is what you said and it lacks humility. If you can't see that, then I am guessing you have issues rubbing people the wrong way in your personal life quite often.

I'm aware of what I said. I just didn't say it until after people started popping off.

By people popping off, do you mean the Shocker posters before me talking about our heated history? I just chimed in from the other perspective than they were.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » April 7th, 2017, 2:19 pm

We all want what is best for our teams. I would have no problem playing any Valley team if it is what is best for our interests and you feel the same way. Good Luck and maybe we'll see you down the road.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » April 7th, 2017, 2:32 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:My post was to point out that you don't treat people poorly and then turn around and expect them to help you.

Who said I would take a "king of the mountain" approach to a place where WSU is not "king of the mountain?" Interesting how many AAC fans and schools are excited to see WSU join, and how many MVC fans and schools are excited to see WSU leave.

You posted to show that, yes, and I was fine with it.
However, you finished with a comment that came off as boasting, "we're better than you and I'm going to brag" type of statements that many Shocker fans always make.

Why would we want another 40 point loss on our resume?
Really? That's humility? Come on.

You guys always take a "king of the mountain" approach to this message board, you can't over there. That's what I was saying.

No more logins here please. You have nothing more to add, except to kick us on your way out.

My first post had nothing to do with boasting. You shot back, so I escalated to end the debate.

I get not wanting WSU fans around any more. And I won't post much after a few more days, as there is still a lot of WSU relevance at this point. Even this thread was pretty much started with intent for discussion with WSU fans.

Yea my intent of the thread was to see who wsu fans may want to do a home and home with. Despite all the drama and 'hatred' towards one another, I always enjoyed playing them. It's a good measuring stick to see where we are as a program or as a team year in and year out. Hope we meet again on the court!
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » April 7th, 2017, 2:35 pm

rjl wrote:I can tell you are hurt.

But honestly, I'm here to sincerely say that you can go f*** yourself.

This, ladies and gentlemen... completely summarizes Shocker Nation. What a sad, pathetic fan base.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » April 7th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:Yea my intent of the thread was to see who wsu fans may want to do a home and home with. Despite all the drama and 'hatred' towards one another, I always enjoyed playing them. It's a good measuring stick to see where we are as a program or as a team year in and year out. Hope we meet again on the court!

I'm guessing it probably makes sense to take a couple year break from playing any current MVC members.

At that point, from the WSU perspective, I think you throw all the MVC teams in to the potential pool with everyone else. With no more and no more less favor than anyone else you're looking to put on the schedule. Probably not looking for H-H with teams outside the RPI Top 100. The exception, IMO, might be MSU if they can at least get up around 100. That would be a regional game which can be beneficial (similar to the Tulsa series that was ongoing).

There aren't really any remaining rivalries between WSU and current MVC members. ISU-WSU was getting interesting, but it was short-lived. So I don't think you've got a game that both fanbases are just clamoring for.

Now, the above applies to my thoughts for MBB. I'm guessing the other sports will be very interested in gaining non-conference games against regional opponents, and could still be beneficial to both sides of those matchups. Including Valley teams, for instance, in volleyball tournaments seems like a win-win for everyone.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rogers101 » April 7th, 2017, 8:03 pm

Lot of butt hurt going on in here. On both ends. The remaining 9 need to understand the Shockers are leaving because they've outgrown the Valley. We all had our chance and didn't capitalize. Shockers fans seem to like to keep trying to poke at the league. You got your promotion, take it in stride. Yelling scoreboard only lasts so long. Even legacy schools (North Carolina, UCLA, Ohio State) have struggled from time to time. Wichita St. isn't in the class currently.

Wichita took advantage of an extremely great time to be elite. They have had a nice 7-8 year run here. They will also have a downtime again. I do hope that Missouri State can get back into that upper 100 echelon and get to play the Shockers moving forward as I've always liked the games in the past.

From the Valley standpoint, we need SIU/MSU/Bradley to start playing more consistent. This is a good conference and with 2 more additions of teams in the top 150, I think we can still be a 9th or 10th ranked conference. We need to take care of ourselves more so than worrying about playing Wichita or Creighton every year. There is an obvious hole to fill and it's open to anyone. If someone is going to bloom into a dynasty team, the timing couldn't be any better. I'm looking forward to next year. It should be an uber competitive league and I think my Bears may even float around 1st or 2nd. It's fun to have a chance, even when getting the chance to play top 10-15 teams twice a year. That just tells you how fast Wichita blossomed.
Rogers101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby ACECARD » April 7th, 2017, 8:56 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
rjl wrote:I can tell you are hurt.

But honestly, I'm here to sincerely say that you can go f*** yourself.

This, ladies and gentlemen... completely summarizes Shocker Nation. What a sad, pathetic fan base.

I don't know about the entire Shocker fan base, but it sure summarizes the A-hole Shocker fans who post to this board. So long, and don't let the door hit you in the arse.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » April 7th, 2017, 9:57 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:Will Wichita play home and homes with Valley teams? I would love my Redbirds to keep playing them once a year

I don't believe so in the near future. I do think there is possibility with some valley teams where there was a good relationship and it makes sense from RPI perspective (e.g. home and home) or quality opponent buy game. There is no chance with ISUR.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShoxNAwe » April 7th, 2017, 10:18 pm

With 40 years of Valley history behind me, I too wish the schools all the best. I remember those great 80's - Drake, Bradley, Illinois Sate, Creighton and Tulsa - all vying for spots in the Top 25 and players pushing for All-American status. Unfortunately, those teams left or are struggling to regain any kind of relevance.

My only vengeance lies with the fans who said WSU would not, could not rise above the horrors of the 90's to get back to and surpass the 80's level of success. Told ya so. Just because you cannot raise yourself to that level doesn't mean that someone else cannot. WSU refused to settle for second class, you should not settle either.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball