Home And Home w/Wichita State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Home And Home w/Wichita State

Postby BEARZ77 » April 23rd, 2017, 9:03 am

Interesting how much energy a few WSU posters are exerting in continuing to try to one up other Valley members. Of course it's hard to talk smack on a board[AAC] where you're the new kid, so if that's all you know to bring, might as well hang out in the old neighborhood and take a few last shots. Pretty laughable, but predictable. I like the shot at Creighton to; gotta be a bit of a slap that CU went to a much more prestigious league and better situation than the Shox were able to. Thought they handled the whole move a little more classy also, but that was to be expected as well.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby rlh04d » April 23rd, 2017, 9:26 am

BEARZ77 wrote:Interesting how much energy a few WSU posters are exerting in continuing to try to one up other Valley members. Of course it's hard to talk smack on a board[AAC] where you're the new kid, so if that's all you know to bring, might as well hang out in the old neighborhood and take a few last shots. Pretty laughable, but predictable. I like the shot at Creighton to; gotta be a bit of a slap that CU went to a much more prestigious league and better situation than the Shox were able to. Thought they handled the whole move a little more classy also, but that was to be expected as well.

:roll:

This is a thread about playing Wichita State. Shocking that Wichita State fans are in a thread about playing Wichita State in the future.

I'm not trashing the Valley at all. I pointed out that UNI's down-year RPIs are mildly concerning to me regarding a future H/H series. He disagreed. I provided statistical evidence to back up my point.

I could take a laughably large number of shots at you right now, and I'm choosing not to, despite your choice to do so. Much as I chose not to take any shots at BCPanther, even though he chose to. So please, keep hypocritically talking about class while doing nothing but throwing out insults, as I discuss statistical measures with a fan of a team that I'd actually like to see my team continue a series with.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby thunderkwb » April 23rd, 2017, 10:29 am

BEARZ77 wrote:Interesting how much energy a few WSU posters are exerting in continuing to try to one up other Valley members. Of course it's hard to talk smack on a board[AAC] where you're the new kid, so if that's all you know to bring, might as well hang out in the old neighborhood and take a few last shots. Pretty laughable, but predictable. I like the shot at Creighton to; gotta be a bit of a slap that CU went to a much more prestigious league and better situation than the Shox were able to. Thought they handled the whole move a little more classy also, but that was to be expected as well.

You are bitter.. I get it. The issue is raw and maybe our cheerleading about going to AAC can be a little over the top but keep in mind WSU did a lot of of heavy lifting when Creighton left. Also, Bluejay fans were complete a##es when they left. WSU doubled efforts to improve ourselves and the MVC greatly benefited. Unfortunately, everyone else either stayed complacent or regressed, that is where your misplaced bitterness should go.

Even after this move, I will always pull for a Valley team in the tournament or against any P5 opponent. I think after a couple of years I could see WSU doing a few games with UNI or MSU, I hope this happens. I do hope for the best for the MVC and for better days ahead.
Last edited by thunderkwb on April 23rd, 2017, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
thunderkwb
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby uniftw » April 23rd, 2017, 10:35 am

UNI's RPI's in years previous to this one going back to the start of Jake's 3rd year as HC.

Yeah, I see what you mean. It's pretty clear UNI is on the presipice of being a 250 RPI team on the levels of Drake. :roll:

That one game every 3 or 4 years would destroy WSU's NCAA seeding. Probably more them from the 1 line, where they deserve to be, to the 9 line.

Oh, fun fact. Over that same time frame Creighton has more 100+ seasons than UNI.

uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » April 23rd, 2017, 11:19 am

thunderkwb wrote:

You are bitter.. I get it. The issue is raw and maybe our cheerleading about going to AAC can be a little over the top but keep in mind WSU did a lot of of heavy lifting when Creighton left. Also, Bluejay fans were complete a##es when they left. WSU doubled efforts to improve ourselves and the MVC greatly benefited. Unfortunately, everyone else either stayed complacent or regressed, that is where your misplaced bitterness should go.

Even after this move, I will always pull for a Valley team in the tournament or against any P5 opponent. I think after a couple of years I could see WSU doing a few games with UNI or MSU, I hope this happens. I do hope for the best for the MVC and for better days ahead.

I'm not bitter, and I'm not referring to all WSU fans, and probably not you as I don't recall you being an atagonist in the past. WSU earned their right to make a move and I would do the same in their position. I'm talking about those who keep showing up on this board making references to the rest of the Valley not trying, the league conspiring against the poor mistreated Shockers, stupid posts like the ones here about UNI maybe being an RPI drag for WSU if they scheduled them. Just same ol' same ol' BS from the same posters it was always from.

Also most Blue Jay fans were not asses except to WSU fans who did not show any of the acceptance and congratulatory attitude most of us has shown about the WSU move. Almost everyone on here has shown a positive attitude to why WSU made the move they did. Conversely, WSU fans were the bitter and taunting ones back then towards Creighton and yeah they got it right back from the Creighton posters. And even now like in this thread, WSU fans continue to try to find opportunity to slam Creighton; talk about being owned emotionally, sheesh it's been 3 years. UNI had a lot more basis for CU hatred but you don't see them going on another leagues fan board and continuing to cry about it.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 23rd, 2017, 11:29 am

BEARZ77 wrote: UNI had a lot more basis for CU hatred but you don't see them going on another leagues fan board and continuing to cry about it.

No we didn't. UNI had no reason to ever be upset at Creighton, about anything. We also weren't rivals with Creighton.

Anything that may have happened between the two schools had zero impact on UNI, and there is zero reason to be upset about anything that may or may not have happened. After all, we were just a plant in that scheme, and we knew it from the start - apparently.

We are to just accept it, thank Creighton for allowing UNI to even be talking about in the same breath as them.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » April 23rd, 2017, 12:12 pm

uniftw wrote:UNI's RPI's in years previous to this one going back to the start of Jake's 3rd year as HC.

Yeah, I see what you mean. It's pretty clear UNI is on the presipice of being a 250 RPI team on the levels of Drake. :roll:

That one game every 3 or 4 years would destroy WSU's NCAA seeding. Probably more them from the 1 line, where they deserve to be, to the 9 line.

Oh, fun fact. Over that same time frame Creighton has more 100+ seasons than UNI.

I like the straw man argument. Now that we have that out of the way, you didn't actually respond to anything I pointed out.

UNI is not playing four-to-six games/year against Creighton and Wichita State in the future. Quoting the RPI from years they did is pointless.

I don't care about whether a game against UNI will destroy WSU's NCAA seeding -- I want a game against UNI to help our seed. And UNI only does that two years out of every three, and there is clear evidence that the third year will be putting them in the "bad loss" category in the future.
Last edited by rlh04d on April 23rd, 2017, 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby thunderkwb » April 23rd, 2017, 12:16 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
thunderkwb wrote:

I'm not bitter, and I'm not referring to all WSU fans, and probably not you as I don't recall you being an atagonist in the past. WSU earned their right to make a move and I would do the same in their position. I'm talking about those who keep showing up on this board making references to the rest of the Valley not trying, the league conspiring against the poor mistreated Shockers, stupid posts like the ones here about UNI maybe being an RPI drag for WSU if they scheduled them. Just same ol' same ol' BS from the same posters it was always from.

Also most Blue Jay fans were not asses except to WSU fans who did not show any of the acceptance and congratulatory attitude most of us has shown about the WSU move. Almost everyone on here has shown a positive attitude to why WSU made the move they did. Conversely, WSU fans were the bitter and taunting ones back then towards Creighton and yeah they got it right back from the Creighton posters. And even now like in this thread, WSU fans continue to try to find opportunity to slam Creighton; talk about being owned emotionally, sheesh it's been 3 years. UNI had a lot more basis for CU hatred but you don't see them going on another leagues fan board and continuing to cry about it.

Fair enough but much of the trolling I experienced from CU fans was due to us still being in the Valley. The more success we had since they left caused their insecurity to go way up and they wanted nothing more than the Shockers to fall flat on our face. I don't feel that way with the MVC or any Valley teams... Good Luck
thunderkwb
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby rlh04d » April 23rd, 2017, 1:17 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
I'm talking about those who keep showing up on this board making references to the rest of the Valley not trying, the league conspiring against the poor mistreated Shockers, stupid posts like the ones here about UNI maybe being an RPI drag for WSU if they scheduled them. Just same ol' same ol' BS from the same posters it was always from.

I have roughly ten posts here in the last two years, half of them in this thread. But sure, whatever you need to tell yourself.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball