Home And Home w/Wichita State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Home And Home w/Wichita State

Postby AndShock » April 8th, 2017, 12:10 pm

UEACES80 wrote:
municup14 wrote:You can take your dirty baseball team with you also.
Remember when your old coach told your picture to
Purposely hit the Aces batter who was 20 feet away
From the batters box.We all have skeletons in our closets.

Well said Cup - I would be over it if WSU had properly owned it but they didn't.

If I were Evansville I would never mention the incident again considering the "victim" is in prison for sexually assaulting an 8 year old girl. But fine, keep bringing up that important part of your history. If you guys beaned BTK in the head while he was walking down the street I wouldn't give a flying f***.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Snaggletooth » April 8th, 2017, 12:47 pm

From the batters box.We all have skelones in our closets.

Maybe he knew Molina was a child molester and was handing out justice, or it could be just Karma.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mule » April 8th, 2017, 1:14 pm

AndShock wrote:
UEACES80 wrote:

Well said Cup - I would be over it if WSU had properly owned it but they didn't.

If I were Evansville I would never mention the incident again considering the "victim" is in prison for sexually assaulting an 8 year old girl. But fine, keep bringing up that important part of your history. If you guys beaned BTK in the head while he was walking down the street I wouldn't give a flying f***.

Typical snarky response. For those posters too young to know about the Molina incident, this is an excerpt from a 2009 newspaper article, 10 years after the incident and before the Molina's sexual assault conviction:

Warming up on the mound for the home team that day was Wichita State's Christensen, who was widely regarded as the best pitcher in college baseball. Christensen was 21-1 in his college career and seemed destined to be one of the first players selected in the June amateur draft.

He felt Molina was trying to time his pitches so he directed a 92-mph warmup throw at Molina, who was standing 24 feet from home plate. Molina looked up just as the ball arrived, crushing his left eye, destroying his vision, breaking three bones and opening a cut that required 23 stitches.

"It was a very unfortunate situation and we're lucky Ben Christensen didn't kill Anthony Molina," said Brownlee, Illinois State's head baseball coach who was Molina's coach at Evansville in 1999. (Christensen) hit him in the head with a 92 mph fastball when the guy's not looking. I don't think anybody who was there will ever forget about it."
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby AndShock » April 8th, 2017, 2:28 pm

And then he sexually assaulted an 8 year old.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Veritas » April 8th, 2017, 2:46 pm

UEACES80 wrote:

Well said?!? I do hope he "says" it better than he writes it, because he writes like s***.
Veritas
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby municup14 » April 8th, 2017, 3:49 pm

It's hard to get over a player hitting a kid in
The eye that made him legally blind.
:huh:
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mule » April 8th, 2017, 4:42 pm

AndShock wrote:And then he sexually assaulted an 8 year old.

Yes, as an adult! I'm not disputing the facts. The beaning incident is part of the history between WSU and UE. The assault occurred more than 10 years later and has nothing to do with the incident or anything involving either university.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Bball Junkie » April 8th, 2017, 7:24 pm

Won't miss the Shockers baseball shenanigans either...good riddance. I knew guys on that Aces team. That beaning screwed Molina up for life, both physically and mentally. He was a good guy and was respected in the clubhouse prior to the intentional injury-causing beaning some 15 feet from the batters box during warmups. Gene and the pitching coach were at fault for calling for the headhunt but Christensen could have refused and faced the wrath of the coaches afterward.

Nobody will defend Molinas actions later in life. Sickening! All programs have players who end up on the wrong side of the law after their careers, but most schools do not tolerate coaches instructing their team to intentionally injure other teams.

https://www.google.com/amp/qctimes.com/ ... 0.amp.html
Last edited by Bball Junkie on April 8th, 2017, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bball Junkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mvcfan » April 8th, 2017, 7:31 pm

mule wrote:
AndShock wrote:And then he sexually assaulted an 8 year old.

Yes, as an adult! I'm not disputing the facts. The beaning incident is part of the history between WSU and UE. The assault occurred more than 10 years later and has nothing to do with the incident or anything involving either university.

I don't care when the beaning happened, Molina was a scum bag. For you to tal about what a great guy he is, is unbelievable.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 2livewu » April 8th, 2017, 9:19 pm

There's NOTHING worth defending about any of this, but let's stick with facts.

Ben did not, nor was he instructed to injure Molina. He shouldn't have thrown at him, there's NO excuse, and the act is indefensible, but he did not intend to hit the kid. Yes, choosing to be stupid and keep him from timing pitches by getting his attention completely caused the tragedy, he still didn't intend to injure him. I hate seeing that typed.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball