I'm just gonna drop this here

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: I'm just gonna drop this here

Postby Murraygrad05 » April 22nd, 2017, 8:57 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:Love hoops in Peoria.

I just got finished watching the Murray State Board of Regents meeting and I came away realizing how fortunate we are in the MVC. Of course, we're used to the MVC so we're blinded and can't see how good we have it. We want more. And, we should. But, we shouldn't forget that it could be much, much worse. It's was painfully obvious how bad Murray State wants in the MVC and that should tell us something about our conference.

The truth is we just want out of a conference that is doing nothing to improve itself and I'm glad our BOR and President see it also.
Murraygrad05
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PantherU » April 22nd, 2017, 9:55 am

I have heard a few people bring up that Milwaukee's attendance is an issue, so I want to address that and end any worry about it right here, right now.

Several months before the 2015-16 season, our Director of Ticket Sales, Brian Morgan, left to go to Marquette. We were left with our assistant ticket manager, Eric Becker. He was running the office until August, when he took a similar job at Pitt.

The reason Morgan has not been replaced yet is because the athletic department is currently in a reshuffling to prepare for growth as a program. In short, they're currently trying to model the program after elite mid-majors and the spot just hasn't been filled yet.

So if you're wondering how attendance was bad this year, just know that Milwaukee Basketball was having tickets sold by student workers. That won't be the case moving forward.
PantherU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby RacerJoeD » April 22nd, 2017, 9:58 am

I'm not sure if that explanation helps or hurts
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherU » April 22nd, 2017, 10:03 am

RacerJoeD wrote:I'm not sure if that explanation helps or hurts

I know where you're coming from. But they've been preparing themselves to make a move like this for some time. They wanted to have it all organized under External Operations. They're making the hires needed, they're ready for the move.
PantherU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby SMUfan » April 22nd, 2017, 10:12 am

Any thoughts on UALR or UMKC?

With all the negatives mentioned, Northern KY might be pretty good.
SMUfan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BEARZ77 » April 22nd, 2017, 10:17 am

SMUfan wrote:Any thoughts on UALR or UMKC?

Haven't heard those three as under consideration; sorta surprised about UMKC, they almost always come up. UALR would be ok I guess, but again haven't seen their name mentioned.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby IllinoisState » April 22nd, 2017, 10:30 am

PantherU wrote:I have heard a few people bring up that Milwaukee's attendance is an issue, so I want to address that and end any worry about it right here, right now.

Several months before the 2015-16 season, our Director of Ticket Sales, Brian Morgan, left to go to Marquette. We were left with our assistant ticket manager, Eric Becker. He was running the office until August, when he took a similar job at Pitt.

The reason Morgan has not been replaced yet is because the athletic department is currently in a reshuffling to prepare for growth as a program. In short, they're currently trying to model the program after elite mid-majors and the spot just hasn't been filled yet.

So if you're wondering how attendance was bad this year, just know that Milwaukee Basketball was having tickets sold by student workers. That won't be the case moving forward.

Milwaukee hasn't had okay attendance since 2012.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » April 22nd, 2017, 11:07 am

PantherU wrote:I have heard a few people bring up that Milwaukee's attendance is an issue, so I want to address that and end any worry about it right here, right now.

UNI has had students selling tickets for decades.

The person taking the money for the ticket has zero impact on ticket sales. That's a bad excuse of an excuse.

Also, we shouldn't be concerned that it's taking over. A year to fill an important associate AD role at UWM? We should t be concerned that they haven't replaced the assistant that left after nearly 9 months after they left?

I've heard s bunch of stories about how messy the athletic department in a Milwaukee is. Stories like that don't help your case for "we are growing and will be great"
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rogers101 » April 22nd, 2017, 11:21 am

BEARZ77 wrote:

Haven't heard those three as under consideration; sorta surprised about UMKC, they almost always come up. UALR would be ok I guess, but again haven't seen their name mentioned.

I wish someone like UALR or Oral Roberts would be more of a fit as far as financials ad success. I'd like a closer team to Mo State, but I don't think these teams are better options than teams listed already.
Rogers101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby IllinoisState » April 22nd, 2017, 11:28 am

Rogers101 wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:

I wish someone like UALR or Oral Roberts would be more of a fit as far as financials ad success. I'd like a closer team to Mo State, but I don't think these teams are better options than teams listed already.

Oral Roberts is not a school I would want in the MVC.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball