4 MVC visits ?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 4 MVC visits ?

Postby mvfcfan » April 27th, 2017, 8:03 pm

Alright I'm finally sold on Milwaukee. I really hope we add Murray St, Valpo, and UWM. I'd rather have UWM than St Louis at this point. I've really had enough of these teams that think they are above us or that would just use us as a stepping stone to the next big thing.

It would be nice to have 12 teams in our conference that actually want to be here and that want to have good basketball. I think those 3 teams definitely meet those requirements.

If we add all three of those teams (MuSu, VU, and UWM) I will be extremely happy.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby IllinoisState » April 27th, 2017, 8:30 pm

mvfcfan wrote:Alright I'm finally sold on Milwaukee. I really hope we add Murray St, Valpo, and UWM. I'd rather have UWM than St Louis at this point. I've really had enough of these teams that think they are above us or that would just use us as a stepping stone to the next big thing.

It would be nice to have 12 teams in our conference that actually want to be here and that want to have good basketball. I think those 3 teams definitely meet those requirements.

If we add all three of those teams (MuSu, VU, and UWM) I will be extremely happy.

No. Give me Wright State or Oakland.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ptownbraves » April 27th, 2017, 9:15 pm

mvfcfan wrote: I'd rather have UWM than St Louis at this point.

Seriously? We've been spoiled in the Valley with the relatively stable membership over the years. I'd love to have SLU in the Valley even if they are gone in 10 years.

The day SLU joins the Valley is the day they've accepted they're not getting that Big East invite. Even then, the A10 is a stronger conference, so it's hard to see why they'd ever make the move. There's so much change in CBB that I think they'll perpetually hold out hope though.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherU » April 27th, 2017, 10:10 pm

ptownbraves wrote:

Seriously? We've been spoiled in the Valley with the relatively stable membership over the years. I'd love to have SLU in the Valley even if they are gone in 10 years.

The day SLU joins the Valley is the day they've accepted they're not getting that Big East invite. Even then, the A10 is a stronger conference, so it's hard to see why they'd ever make the move. There's so much change in CBB that I think they'll perpetually hold out hope though.

I bump elbows frequently with Marquette people; I have several friends that work in their athletic department.

Regarding potential invites for Dayton and Saint Louis, the question is not "if" but "when." The discussion about the conference being happy with ten members is largely coming from fans on message boards. This lines up mostly with what I've heard from people I know at Dayton, although none of them work in athletics.

This could be just the thinking at MU; after all, I'm sure MVC fans on here are familiar with how close Creighton and Marquette are related, and Creighton desperately wants SLU and Dayton in the Big East.

It's important to remember that the Big East's television deal with FOX keeps the amount of dollars per school the same if the conference does expand.
PantherU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby uniftw » April 28th, 2017, 9:03 am

The fact that there is THIS much discussion about a 12th member should be all the proof we need that going past 11 right now is the wrong move.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mike » April 28th, 2017, 9:25 am

PantherU wrote:
ptownbraves wrote:

This could be just the thinking at MU; after all, I'm sure MVC fans on here are familiar with how close Creighton and Marquette are related, and Creighton desperately wants SLU and Dayton in the Big East.

Just curious. Why would Creighton desperately want SLU and Dayton in the Big East?
Mike
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby LMS » April 28th, 2017, 9:44 am

I can't think of one creighton fan who would want either of those teams in the Big East. Most of us like it exactly how it is. In fact, I love it how it is.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » April 28th, 2017, 9:51 am

Creighton has said travel in the Big East is tough. I don't think they quite knew what they were in for. I could see Creighton loving St. Louis. Dayton? Not as much. They're the same distance as Xavier. BUT, if both were to join that would make 12, splitting the conference into two division, decreasing travel.

Western: Creighton, St. Louis, Marquette, DePaul, Butler, Xavier or Dayton

Eastern: Xavier or Dayton, Villanova, Seton Hall, Georgetown, Providence, St. John's

Currently Creighton has to travel to each Eastern school every year. If they added St. Louis and Dayton they would only have to travel to three Eastern schools and the rest of the conference year they wouldn't go past western Ohio, where Dayton and Xavier both reside.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LMS » April 28th, 2017, 9:53 am

I live in Omaha, attended Creighton and have season tickets. I don't know that I've seen anyone publicly offer any negative commentary on adddd travel since joining the big East or suggested adding schools as a way to ease that. Are the distances greater – of course. No surprise there. Adding Dayton and St. Louis doesn't change anything.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LMS » April 28th, 2017, 9:54 am

But we'd rather have a home and home with all of the eastern schools only see them once a year. Keep that in mind. The value of being in this conference is the added games against those high profile schools.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball