4 MVC visits ?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 4 MVC visits ?

Postby mvfcfan » April 26th, 2017, 9:16 am

Hopefully 3 schools would have the backbone to vote "no" on an Omaha invite. UNI, ILST, and Mo St seem like reasonable candidates to vote "no".

I swear if we add Omaha I'm going to be one of the first people to go talk to the INST AD and try to persuade him into looking into the Ohio Valley Conference for all sports (including football). If we're going to be in a one bid league we might as well go to one that actually fits us better geographically and financially. I'm perfectly okay with us adding Murray St, Valpo, and Milwaukee. I'm less okay with us adding MuSU, VU, and UNO, and I am totally not okay with us adding just UNO or just Milwaukee.

Seriously, if our conference can't get this right (just adding Valpo, Murray St, and maybe UWM) we'll never get anything right. Adding Omaha is just a big slap in the face to all of us. UNO literally does nothing for the conference in any way. How many of their fans have even gotten on here so far? Pretty sure zero have. That should tell you something about their fan support right there. At least there have been some USD, SDSU, NDSU, MuSu, VU, and UWM fans on here.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Lakesbison » April 26th, 2017, 9:50 am

Omaha will not bring 1 Creighton fan.

I was there for 2 NDSU games announces attendences at 2100 & 3200. if say 1200 & 1800 (pretty sure they now report)

Omaha und Denver 99% hockey school run away.
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mvfcfan » April 26th, 2017, 10:02 am

Lakesbison wrote:Omaha will not bring 1 Creighton fan.

I was there for 2 NDSU games announces attendences at 2100 & 3200. if say 1200 & 1800 (pretty sure they now report)

Omaha und Denver 99% hockey school run away.

Yeah they are just a horrible add imo.

It seems like most people think that Murray St, Valpo, and Milwaukee are favored in that order. I hope that is true. It always makes me nervous when we consider someone like Omaha though. Milwaukee fits in better geographically than Omaha and Milwaukee has actually had some success in the past. Omaha is still just a few years removed from D2.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » April 26th, 2017, 10:18 am

My one question with several of these schools is if they would change names for marketing purposes?

Drop UW and just be 'Milwaukee', or would they shorten their name to Kansas City or Omaha? It's not unheard of- see Southwest Missouri St., Mo-Rolla, and NE Missouri St. It has happened elsewhere with UNC-Charlotte, UNC-Wilmington, and SUNY - Binghamton, Stony Brook.

To me, this shows a commitment from the university to forge its own path. If the school isn't or can't pull away from the flagship then that would be a strike against them, imo.
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Redhawk » April 26th, 2017, 10:25 am

PurpleAcesFootball wrote:My one question with several of these schools is if they would change names for marketing purposes?

Drop UW and just be 'Milwaukee', or would they shorten their name to Kansas City or Omaha? It's not unheard of- see Southwest Missouri St., Mo-Rolla, and NE Missouri St. It has happened elsewhere with UNC-Charlotte, UNC-Wilmington, and SUNY - Binghamton, Stony Brook.

To me, this shows a commitment from the university to forge its own path. If the school isn't or can't pull away from the flagship then that would be a strike against them, imo.

UW-Milwaukee has had a push at times for a name change...specifically Wisconsin State University.
I agree that would be great for their marketing and for separation from all the other UW-x schools.

PantherU...could you make Wisconsin State a reality?
Last edited by Redhawk on April 26th, 2017, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby RacerJoeD » April 26th, 2017, 10:26 am

What are the thoughts on UMKC?
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » April 26th, 2017, 10:31 am

RacerJoeD wrote:What are the thoughts on UMKC?

No. I think Milwaukee is a better choice and closer to the more compacted Valley footprint
if Murray St and Valpo are in. UNO and UMKC would be outliers and are not as strong as
the 3 best #12 options...in order SLU, Milwaukee, Belmont.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » April 26th, 2017, 10:33 am

Personally I think Omaha would be much better than UMKC.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » April 26th, 2017, 10:47 am

Both Omaha and umkc are horrible adds. I could live with Milwaukee, at least. My comment regarding Elgin adding Omaha despite Creighton wasn't because I thought teams would jump ship it's because elgin is delusional enough to believe Omaha will become the new Creighton.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby IllinoisState » April 26th, 2017, 11:08 am

Redhawk wrote:
PurpleAcesFootball wrote:My one question with several of these schools is if they would change names for marketing purposes?

UW-Milwaukee has had a push at times for a name change...specifically Wisconsin State University.
I agree that would be great for their marketing and for separation from all the other UW-x schools.

PantherU...could you make Wisconsin State a reality?

Why not University of Milwaukee or Milwaukee University?

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:Both Omaha and umkc are horrible adds. I could live with Milwaukee, at least. My comment regarding Elgin adding Omaha despite Creighton wasn't because I thought teams would jump ship it's because elgin is delusional enough to believe Omaha will become the new Creighton.

I don't really want to add any of those three.
Last edited by IllinoisState on April 26th, 2017, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball