Order of finish with Murray & Valpo included

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Order of finish with Murray & Valpo included

Postby Redhawk » May 5th, 2017, 8:40 am

uniftw wrote:
Redhawk wrote:
Still gave your Panthers their worst home defeat EVER!

If I had to bet on that, without looking, I'd say you're wrong.

It's also one of the best ISUr teams ever and one of the worst UNI teams in 2 decades.

EDIT

Looked it up... I looked at the largest losses in the MVC era and got through about 4 games on the list and found at least one. At that point I stopped looking. No need to go further than that, or look at OOC games because your statement is 100% wrong

Let me rephrase that...Worst lost EVER at the McLeod Center:
UNI was outscored, 21-4, down the stretch. The Panthers shot 30 percent from the field in the second half and 35.6 percent overall in suffering their worst-ever loss at the McLeod Center, which opened in 2007.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » May 5th, 2017, 8:42 am

Redhawk wrote:
uniftw wrote:
one of the worst UNI teams in 2 decades.

Same team you picked to win this year with the same players
except replace Morgan with Lohaus. Blind homerism?

Difference is we won't have 4 freshman getting the lionsshare of minutes.

Meanwhile, Illinois State will have a ton of new guys seeing minutes

68% of the minutes played by ISU last year are gone
75% of the scoring gone (5 of the top 6 scorers)
90% of the assists gone
65% of the rebounds gone
75% of the free throws made gone
81% of the 3 pointers made gone
72% of total field goals made gone
4 of the 5 starters gone
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Majik45 » May 5th, 2017, 8:50 am

I think we can pretty much all agree, this is the most wide open the Valley has been in YEARS at this point in the spring. ISU was very good last year, but they lose A LOT, and they just lost their MVC all Bench player in the past week or so.

I could see about 5-6 teams end up winning the valley at this point without complete shock. I don't know how you can pick a favorite at this point.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » May 5th, 2017, 9:15 am

This is a very humorous thread of predictions. However, I will say it's enjoyable in the fact that the threads are not being derailed by Shocker fans pushing their agenda on us, which would be inevitable any other year.

That is a refreshing change for sure.

My basic thoughts:

ISUr lost a lot. Muller recruited a few top 50 JuCos and an elite pg Freshman, but so many new faces...I have no idea how they will perform. However, they were very good last year. The stretch where you guys recall them struggling was when McIntosh was not healthy. It was not a true reflection of games 1-21 in the MVC where the Birds went 18-0 against teams not named Wichita State. Generally speaking, ISUr lost 2 games all season fully healthy (that includes the noncon without N'Diaye and a 50% healthy Tony Wills). The above few sentences mean NOTHING about next year.
Yarbrough better be the real deal or we will struggle. According to staffers within the program, he is.

UNI - I can't fathom seeing them improve. Their leader in nearly every statistical category last year (Morgan) is now gone. They weren't good with him last year, now you expect 1st or 2nd in the league without him? That is major homerism to the nth degree UNI fans.

My best guess based solely on returning players and incoming recruiting classes.

1. MSU
2. Loyola
3-11 who knows
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » May 5th, 2017, 9:50 am

That would be the exact same argument we heard about UNI in 2009-10 and 2014-15. I'll let you check to see how those two teams turned out, but I think you're right to a degree, UNI is absolutely stacked for 2018-19, might be a year early this year.

Also, unlike other teams in this league we know what our roster is going to look like in 2 years and we develop talent...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » May 5th, 2017, 9:55 am

BCPanther wrote:That would be the exact same argument we heard about UNI in 2009-10 and 2014-15. I'll let you check to see how those two teams turned out, but I think you're right to a degree, UNI is absolutely stacked for 2018-19, might be a year early this year.

Also, unlike other teams in this league we know what our roster is going to look like in 2 years and we develop talent...

It's kind of eery how similar this roster sets up like the 08/09 and 09/10 seasons in terms of the next two years.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rogers101 » May 5th, 2017, 9:58 am

1. Missouri State
2-10. No clue
11. Drake
Rogers101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » May 5th, 2017, 10:22 am

Name the last team to win the MVC with a starting freshman PG.

People thinking ISUr is "loaded" is hilarious.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvfcfan » May 5th, 2017, 10:35 am

Cdizzle wrote:Name the last team to win the MVC with a starting freshman PG.

People thinking ISUr is "loaded" is hilarious.

Wasn't it Missouri State back in 2011? Maybe not, but I know they had a MVC freshman POY on that team. Indiana State won the conference tournament that year as well with a freshman PG (Jake Odum).

As far as ILST being the worst 17-1 MVC team ever, I would say that is probably true. ILST lost by 41 at Wichita and lost by 20 to Wichita in the championship game. And that is also the reason why they didn't make the NCAA tournament. Perhaps if they had lost at Wichita by around 15 and then lost by 7 or 8 in the championship game, they might have gotten an at large bid. I can't see ILST being as good next year and winning the conference especially since they are losing like what, 4 starters?
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Mikovio » May 5th, 2017, 10:42 am

Redhawk wrote:Elijah Clarance Program changing PG. Probably best Müller recruit ever.
Think Wes W. but a better shooter

I wanna know how this guy can be the best Muller recruit ever. That's a TALL order, and I say that as a compliment to Muller, who's landed some very good talent.

But this Clarence guy apparently had offers from Hofstra, Rice, Delaware and Towson. What makes you so sure he's going to come in and dominate?

http://www.videtteonline.com/sports/eli ... 21568.html
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball