Order of finish with Murray & Valpo included

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Order of finish with Murray & Valpo included

Postby BEARZ77 » May 10th, 2017, 9:46 am

ACECARD wrote:
Make MVC Great Again wrote:You are the only fans in the history of this league happy with a sub 500 conference finish. Some schools the coach would get canned after six years and no above 500 conference finish.

Yet, again we are talking about Loyola standards here.

Looks like we will have no problem replacing the Ass Bag WSU posters.

Yeah but it's pretty amazing that just one poster can challenge on his own.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » May 10th, 2017, 10:03 am

I don't think that's a current MVC school fan. He had one unique post about Valley marketing that was almost word for word what Shoxcity on ShockerNet wrote.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » May 10th, 2017, 10:11 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:I don't think that's a current MVC school fan. He had one unique post about Valley marketing that was almost word for word what Shoxcity on ShockerNet wrote.

Baller?
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » May 10th, 2017, 10:15 am

There are still quite a few Shox fans trying to put their 2 cents in here.

Maybe they will all eventually find their AAC board...
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » May 11th, 2017, 12:36 pm

Illinois State lost another one to transfer.

Do we really think a team that's going to need to rely on 7 or 8 newcomers playing their first D1 minutes is going to win the league?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » May 11th, 2017, 12:49 pm

uniftw wrote:Illinois State lost another one to transfer.

Do we really think a team that's going to need to rely on 7 or 8 newcomers playing their first D1 minutes is going to win the league?

This latest loss was a non-factor (Andre Washington never ever played), so it's an addition by subtraction. However, your philosophy holds truth, with so many new players it's impossible to tell how good Illinois State will be
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 11th, 2017, 12:55 pm

I'm assuming the league winner will be between 20-22 games. Yes, I believe the birds can win 20 games. Will mo st win more? Possible. Don't know. I think isur will be in the hunt.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby IllinoisState » May 11th, 2017, 8:25 pm

uniftw wrote:Illinois State lost another one to transfer.

A guy who hardly played at all last season? Please.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » May 12th, 2017, 6:10 am

While that last defection is probably inconsequential, I don't think you can minimize the loss of 5 of your top 7 and just assume a level of play regardless of the talent of incoming players. It took 3 years of the previous group playing together to get to where they were last year; in a league like the Valley where a lot of games are played in the 50's-60's, experience down the stretch in games is a big factor. Also defense was the calling card for ISUr last year, and that can take jucos and freshmen longer to understand and assimilate into their games than their individual offensive skills. That said, I like the progression of Muller's teams and do believe he has built a program that should be competitive year in and out. I think they will be in the mix and probably a definite factor come tourney time; I'm just not sure how quickly all the parts will come together. There are some teams in the league with very experienced rosters who are also adding talented depth that might be able to be playing at a high level earlier in the process. But they all have warts as well, so it should be interesting.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » May 12th, 2017, 7:47 am

BEARZ77 wrote:While that last defection is probably inconsequential, I don't think you can minimize the loss of 5 of your top 7 and just assume a level of play regardless of the talent of incoming players. It took 3 years of the previous group playing together to get to where they were last year; in a league like the Valley where a lot of games are played in the 50's-60's, experience down the stretch in games is a big factor. Also defense was the calling card for ISUr last year, and that can take jucos and freshmen longer to understand and assimilate into their games than their individual offensive skills. That said, I like the progression of Muller's teams and do believe he has built a program that should be competitive year in and out. I think they will be in the mix and probably a definite factor come tourney time; I'm just not sure how quickly all the parts will come together. There are some teams in the league with very experienced rosters who are also adding talented depth that might be able to be playing at a high level earlier in the process. But they all have warts as well, so it should be interesting.

Agreed 100%
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball