Order of finish with Murray & Valpo included

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Order of finish with Murray & Valpo included

Postby Lusuperfan1 » May 18th, 2017, 2:48 pm

Make MVC Great Again wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Why is a Wichita fan (ShoxCity) still spamming an MVC board under a fake alias pretending to be a Valley fan? This is sad and psychotic.

Whatever floats your boat but that is not me.

Stop trying to act smart behind a keyboard.

Of course not. You just take his marketing posts from shockernet and then post them verbatim here. Got it.
Lusuperfan1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » May 18th, 2017, 2:51 pm

Make MVC Great Again wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Why is a Wichita fan (ShoxCity) still spamming an MVC board under a fake alias pretending to be a Valley fan? This is sad and psychotic.

Whatever floats your boat but that is not me.

Stop trying to act smart behind a keyboard.

Lol, one person uncovered your anti-Loyola rants to be verbatim of said person's twitter. You've also had a post essentially copy/pasted from SN of the same account at nearly the same time.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 18th, 2017, 2:51 pm

You guys really have too much time on your hands.

That isn't me.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Blers » May 18th, 2017, 2:56 pm

plz dont feed the troll.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Lusuperfan1 » May 18th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Make MVC Great Again wrote:You guys really have too much time on your hands.

That isn't me.

https://youtu.be/YWJ3rX7XawA?t=10s
Lusuperfan1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Lusuperfan1 » May 18th, 2017, 3:13 pm

Make MVC Great Again,

Let me extend an olive branch (do they grow olives down there in Wichita?). In all honesty, I don't think you're 100% wrong (go back and look at my Ramblermania posts; I'm probably one of the more pessimistic posters there). Our scheduling is disgracefully awful, our marketing is most certainly lacking, and the Moser extension could be great if he either changes for the better (honestly I have serious doubts there) or we get hot, make the NCAA tournament, maybe win a game or two, and Nebraska decides it wants to hire Tim Miles 2.0 and we net a nice buyout because of it.

That said, not everything at Loyola is bad. To say all our players suck and everyone around the program is a clown is painting with way too broad of a brush that doesn't even come close to the whole picture. Also, while I don't think Loyola has become the Cavs overnight, to deny that they're in great position on paper is super delusional. IlSU lost just about their entire starting lineup from last year, WSU isn't in the league any more, UNI lost their best player and is super ripe, MSU has the same coaching issues we have. I could go on.

There's no clear cut winner in this conference (and Loyola has to still go out and play the games), but somebody is going to have to win this conference. Loyola, given their returners and recruiting, has as good of a chance as anybody. Can you not concede that?
Lusuperfan1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby uniguy » May 18th, 2017, 4:39 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
uniguy
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniguy » May 18th, 2017, 4:42 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:I think your skepticism about MSU is reasonable given Lusk's history of underachieving; he is the big question mark for most MSU fans when looking at this team. I'm not a Lusk fan, so I have my own concerns about what this team will do. But if I was making a case for MSU and took the stance that Lusk will be a neutral factor, then this is what I'd base my case on their winning on. First they were a young team last year with the majority of their top players having either none or 1 year of D-1 experience. Second they were 11-4, 2-0 MVC with a road win at UNI when they lost pg Ronnie Rousseau for the season. Some will tell you he was the most talented player we had [ was averaging 11.6 pts, 48% fg, 39% 3pt, 80% ft] . Despite that when you look at how we played against this years projected other top teams, we split with LOC, beat UNI 2 of 3, and lost both to ISUr, one in OT on the road and the other by 1 pt , all but the first game against UNI w/o Rousseau. So clearly we were very competitive and on paper have as much or more back than any of those teams. That includes Johnson, jrs Dixon[8.6 pts] Church,[ 64% fg , league leader in block shots] and wings 6'4 Kreklow and 6"6 Rhodes who both averaged about 7 pts and shot 42% and 39% respectively from the trey line.

Recruiting on the surface appears ok with the additions of 2 freshman , 6'0 pg Lawrence [ who was offered by Clemson before going to a year of prep school] and 6'11 Scott, and 2 jucos , 6'7 Fofana [ a Church clone with limited offense but eye popping athleticism] and 6'8 Scurry [ a double/double guy in juco ] . But here's where I think we really add some talent. You have to add 6'5 rs frosh Greg "Boogie" Williams who was a top 150 recruit , and both Rousseau [ who will return] and graduate transfer 6'4 JT Miller from Howard who averaged right at 15 ppg last year including a couple 30 pt games [ one against Georgetown]. While many teams are adding some solid recruits who no doubt will help, Rousseau and Miller represent 2 proven D-1 double digit scorers added to the mix for the Bears.

So that's the case for the Bears, a pretty loaded roster with a highly questionable Head Coach. I think a case can be made either way and have some justification for anywhere from 1st to 6th.

That is a lot of information I wasn't aware of with MSU. I definitely understand the enthusiasm more now. I hope they can make good on the potential.

Really excited for MVC season next year. I think there are a few teams that are poised to be pretty good.
uniguy
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BEARZ77 » May 18th, 2017, 5:05 pm

Glad you found your way back uniguy. It's nice to get some previous posters back in the mix. I have never understood the need by some posters [ and a few WSU posters were notorious for this] to immediately jump any positive post by another fan base about what they think their team will do. I understand if someone slams your University/Team, the tendency we all have is to fire back. But to me if another Universities fan base has info and reasons for being positive about their teams chances, I want to hear about it and why. It's no threat for them to be optimistic or even a little delusional in their representation; the need some have to immediately slam any positive representation just leads to people not wanting to share info, and who has better inside info on each team than their own fan base. So what if they are overly optimistic, as long as they aren't slamming another team , what's it hurt to hear their reasons for optimism. I really hope the board can evolve to more of those open discussions and sharing of info, and yeah once the season starts we will all be hyper competitive, but still it doesn't have to be where to have anther fan base post something positive has to have an immediate attack.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mikovio » May 18th, 2017, 7:01 pm

Really the only difference between Loyola and DePaul is DePaul hired Ray Meyer. DePaul is a bit bigger (23k vs 16k enrollment), but Loyola has more resources and better academics. The difference is a commitment to athletics spurned by the right hire. Not saying Moser is their Ray Meyer but I see the institution as a sleeping giant. If they win and give their alumni a reason to get engaged look out. I'm rooting for them.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball