Order of finish with Murray & Valpo included

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Order of finish with Murray & Valpo included

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 18th, 2017, 2:06 pm

Anyone who says Wichita leaving the league is a good thing probably wants to turn this league into the Summit.

What are we teaching our kids? To run away from competition? That is a disgrace.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 18th, 2017, 2:08 pm

Blers wrote:Can someone explain to me what makes Elijah Clarence such a special recruit for ISUr? I'm not dumping on him, i just can't find much on him other than he was the 19th best player in Maryland per ESPN, 11th per 247 (obviously those are never completely accurate). He also didn't have any crazy offers from what I could find (Rice, Townson, Hofstra).

I've seen it floated here that he's "program changing" and for a freshmen guard it kind of reminds me about what said of McCloud coming in as a freshmen (flashed later in the season, but was still very much a freshmen).

Any ISU fan care to fill me in? Ya'll would know better than me from the spot check I did.

You Loyola people are so quick to tout your own guys like they are the best players in the history of the league but then question the legitimacy of every other player in this league.

The definition of delusional.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 18th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Lusuperfan1 wrote:
Make MVC Great Again wrote:
VU2014 wrote:Seems like a consensus from a few CBB Bloggers I've seen that Missouri State and Loyola will be preseason 1 or 2 next season. I've also seen IL St as high as #3 in a projection, I know they've have some graduations and transfers, but consensus is they'll still be a strong team. I've also seen people say they expect growth from Bradley's young team. UNI had a down year last year but they're a strong Program with a good coach.

Here are a few projections I've see on twitter:

https://twitter.com/Catch_N_Shoot/statu ... 8202219520

) Missouri State
2) Loyola
3) Illinois State
4)Valpo
5) Bradley
6) Northern Iowa.

https://twitter.com/d2mart/status/862506833071796224

1. Loyola Chicago 22.4 (14)
2. Missouri State 18.9 (12)
3. Bradley 13.0 (13)
4. Illinois State 12.1 (12)
5. Valparaiso 11.9 (14)
6. Southern Illinois 11.2 (11)
7. Evansville 11.1 (11)
8. Northern Iowa 10.4 (13)
9. Drake 9.2 (12)
10. Indiana State 8.9 (12)

https://twitter.com/CBB_Central/status/ ... 6147871746

1. MO St
2. Loyola
3. IL St
4. Bradley
5. Valpo
6. UNI
7. Murray
8. SIU
9. IND St
10. Drake
11. EVAN
12. UWM

These are absolute jokes.

Let me guess why...

How can a team that win 2-9 against the top six teams last year be considered a top two team. That is a joke.

I don't care who you bring back. You still have Moser who is debatably the worst coach in the league.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Blers » May 18th, 2017, 2:15 pm

Make MVC Great Again wrote:
Blers wrote:Can someone explain to me what makes Elijah Clarence such a special recruit for ISUr? I'm not dumping on him, i just can't find much on him other than he was the 19th best player in Maryland per ESPN, 11th per 247 (obviously those are never completely accurate). He also didn't have any crazy offers from what I could find (Rice, Townson, Hofstra).

I've seen it floated here that he's "program changing" and for a freshmen guard it kind of reminds me about what said of McCloud coming in as a freshmen (flashed later in the season, but was still very much a freshmen).

Any ISU fan care to fill me in? Ya'll would know better than me from the spot check I did.

You Loyola people are so quick to tout your own guys like they are the best players in the history of the league but then question the legitimacy of every other player in this league.

The definition of delusional.

Not at all my man! Was just curious to hear the hype from someone who's done the research! Redhawk obliged, i had no idea he had Georgetown interest. Looking at their incoming group I figured Yarbrough would be the bigger impact player, but i've seen a lot of hype around Clarence and couldn't find much doing just a quick google. I'm all about the Valley bringing in talent.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 18th, 2017, 2:16 pm

Anyone who uses the logic just because of how many players a team returns the next year implies that team will be good is lazy.

If that were the case, Wichita would not have won the league last year.

You can put makeup on a pig, but it is still a pig.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby VU2014 » May 18th, 2017, 2:31 pm

Make MVC Great Again wrote:Anyone who says Wichita leaving the league is a good thing probably wants to turn this league into the Summit.

What are we teaching our kids? To run away from competition? That is a disgrace.

There are very clear reasons why losing Wichita State hurts but lets not act like the league is dead without them.

There are also some positives with them gone... that some people don't like to acknowledge.

Without Wichita State the league becomes more "wide-open" and "competitive (within the Conference)" which could be healthy for the long-term health of the league and could 'wake-up' some programs. Like others have said, the narrative won't be 'who can stick with Wichita State' or 'who is going to be the runner up to WSU'.

Wichita State was more then doubling the budget of the next highest budget, which was Bradley. Obviously you want the best teams possible in your Conference and losing WSU definitely hurts.
VU2014
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 18th, 2017, 2:34 pm

I'm not knocking Valpo for coming. What happened to wanting to beat the best teams though? Yet again, the people at these schools probably hand out participation trophies. Sad how far our society has fell.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » May 18th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Why is a Wichita fan (ShoxCity) still spamming an MVC board under a fake alias pretending to be a Valley fan? This is sad and psychotic.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Lusuperfan1 » May 18th, 2017, 2:43 pm

You want to talk about delusional, how are you so fixated on a "bunch of clowns like Loyola?
Lusuperfan1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 18th, 2017, 2:46 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Why is a Wichita fan (ShoxCity) still spamming an MVC board under a fake alias pretending to be a Valley fan? This is sad and psychotic.

Whatever floats your boat but that is not me.

Stop trying to act smart behind a keyboard.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball