Voting

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Voting

Postby All-MVC Fan » May 7th, 2017, 6:05 pm

isumvc1 wrote:if you're on twitter, tomorrow, tweet to @MVCSports and tell them to #GetitRight with voting Monday night. we need to #MakeTheMVCGreatAgain. #Don'tBlowitAgain

I like it. Not sure it'll have any impact, but what could it hurt?
All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ptownbraves » May 7th, 2017, 9:40 pm

isumvc1 wrote:if you're on twitter, tomorrow, tweet to @MVCSports and tell them to #GetitRight with voting Monday night. we need to #MakeTheMVCGreatAgain. #Don'tBlowitAgain

That Twitter account is run by the MVC. The MVC isn't voting, the university presidents are.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » May 8th, 2017, 5:09 am

ptownbraves wrote:

That Twitter account is run by the MVC. The MVC isn't voting, the university presidents are.

true, it is run by the MVC, but it couldn't hurt, you could put @MVCSports Presidents #GetitRight with voting tonight! #MakeTheMVCGreatAgain #Don'tBlowItAgain.

I'm sure the presidents won't see it, but the MVC brass should see it.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » May 8th, 2017, 6:46 am

isumvc1 wrote:
ptownbraves wrote:

true, it is run by the MVC, but it couldn't hurt, you could put @MVCSports Presidents #GetitRight with voting tonight! #MakeTheMVCGreatAgain #Don'tBlowItAgain.

I'm sure the presidents won't see it, but the MVC brass should see it.

If those that are voting don't see it then is it anything other than wasting Twitter bandwidth?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby All-MVC Fan » May 8th, 2017, 7:52 am

As if no one ever wastes Twitter bandwidth. Heck, Twitter is, for the most part, a waste of bandwidth... :huh:
All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby RacerJoeD » May 8th, 2017, 8:37 am

My entire Twitter presence is a waste of twitter bandwidth... @RacerJoeD if you like US soccer and Murray State stuff...
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby municup14 » May 8th, 2017, 9:57 am

So,does anyone know what type of senerios are being presented to the president's.
Vote for one team,two teams,three teams,or all teams.Thats what would be interesting to know.
Also,how many votes does it take to be accepted. :huh:
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » May 8th, 2017, 10:01 am

municup14 wrote:So,does anyone know what type of senerios are being presented to the president's.
Vote for one team,two teams,three teams,or all teams.Thats what would be interesting to know.

It's either 70 or 75% required - thus 7 of 9 in this case no matter the number

I believe it's each school being voted on individually.
Valpo will be voted on by 9 presidents
MUSU will be voted on by 9 presidents
UWM will be voted on by 9 presidents
UNO will be voted on by 9 presidents

It isn't a "We will vote on how many we want and then vote for schools based on that number and the one/two/three with the most yes vote are in".

It also won't be a
A. Valpo
B. MUSU
C. UNO
D. UWM
E. VALPO/MUSU
F. VALPO/UNO
ETC...

If all 4 get 7 yes votes then further negotiations likely happen, but I can't imagine that happens.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » May 8th, 2017, 10:35 am

uniftw wrote:
municup14 wrote:So,does anyone know what type of senerios are being presented to the president's.

It's either 70 or 75% required - thus 7 of 9 in this case no matter the number

I believe it's each school being voted on individually.
Valpo will be voted on by 9 presidents
MUSU will be voted on by 9 presidents
UWM will be voted on by 9 presidents
UNO will be voted on by 9 presidents

It isn't a "We will vote on how many we want and then vote for schools based on that number and the one/two/three with the most yes vote are in".

It also won't be a
A. Valpo
B. MUSU
C. UNO
D. UWM
E. VALPO/MUSU
F. VALPO/UNO
ETC...

If all 4 get 7 yes votes then further negotiations likely happen, but I can't imagine that happens.

Another question - what exactly are the presidents voting on?

A. Offer an invitation to said school(s) to join the conference?
B. Accept said school(s) request to join the conference?
C. Offer an invitation to said school(s) to join the conference, which has already been conditionally accepted by them?

Let's take Valpo for example. Will tomorrow's story be "Valpo is now the 10th member of the MVC" (B or C)
or
"MVC extends invitation to Valpo to become 10th member, Valpo Board to vote on accepting invitation next week." (A)

I can't imagine A happening without some sort of assurances that the school's answer is going to be yes. (Belmont, for example.)
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby RacerJoeD » May 8th, 2017, 10:39 am

As far as Murray State is concerned, the board has to meet to give formal approval, but that is a mere formality. I think it would be an invitation from the MVC (where you already know the answer). the schools invited would then accept, get their board to vote, and then everyone holds hands and sings Kumbaya. :buddies:
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball