Actual News Thread (Please?!)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Actual News Thread (Please?!)

Postby JBoss8393 » May 9th, 2017, 7:49 am

Awful news if true. Once again the Valley president's have their heads up their @$$! This does nothing for the valley, leaves egg on the face of Murray State President and AD, and likely means the continual decline of the Valley.

How can a bunch of PhD's be so incompetent not too see what is happening in intercollegiate athletics? If you are not going in this era of athletics, you are dying.
JBoss8393
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 9th, 2017, 7:50 am

Hard to imagine Valpo can sustain success in the MVC. Murray State can sustain success with support, fan following, and recruiting.

Valley has no imagination.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby All-MVC Fan » May 9th, 2017, 8:00 am

Once again, the presidents of Valley institutions show their complete lack of understanding regarding their "customers," i.e. THEIR FANS, with another no vision decision. Contrary to what these academics believe, they generally are NOT the smartest person in the room. Obviously...
All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniftw » May 9th, 2017, 8:03 am

I wish we could FOIA these votes so we know what happened.

I hate how damn secretive this entire thing has been, and this is exactly why. It's impossible to hold those accountable that NEED to be held accountable.

All this is going to do is further the divide in the fan bases between public and private schools because publics are going to assume the private schools blocked Murray State and that the public schools had to give the votes to Valpo to get to 10
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 9th, 2017, 8:05 am

uniftw wrote:I wish we could FOIA these votes so we know what happened.

I hate how damn secretive this entire thing has been, and this is exactly why. It's impossible to hold those accountable that NEED to be held accountable.

All this is going to do is further the divide in the fan bases between public and private schools because publics are going to assume the private schools blocked Murray State and that the public schools had to give the votes to Valpo to get to 10

Interesting to see how the schools voted.

Any predictions?
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby JBoss8393 » May 9th, 2017, 8:07 am

Murray State released a statement saying they will not receive a Valley invite. The show is over.
JBoss8393
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby UEACES80 » May 9th, 2017, 8:19 am

As a UE fan very disappointed if Murray State will not be a member of the MVC. I expect UE and SIU to hear the wrath the Murray fans when the schools play. Please keep it civil as the athletes weren't the ones who didn't want Murray State in the MVC.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby All-MVC Fan » May 9th, 2017, 8:21 am

JBoss8393 wrote:Murray State released a statement saying they will not receive a Valley invite. The show is over.

Had a chance to get better. Blew it. Typical Valley.

Mostly
irreleVant
Conference
All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby underdawg » May 9th, 2017, 8:27 am

This SUCKS--and I'm an SIU fan--zero vision from a bunch of clueless bureaucrats. Murray deserved in period, you idiots!
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball