Welcome Valpo Fans!

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Welcome Valpo Fans!

Postby Valpower » May 9th, 2017, 6:52 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome. I, for one, am glad my team is in the MVC no matter what. Hopefully, they can contain their greatness this coming season (2nd or 3rd place finish?) so that the MVC brass don't get the idea that they've made a sufficiently-good decision and the public schools don't think we're encroaching on their territory. We'll see what we can do to keep that pesky Loyola team in its place, too.
Valpower
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby isumvc1 » May 9th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Welcome Valpo! We have the western edge of Indiana covered now, congrats!
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » May 9th, 2017, 7:35 pm

Holy Cow! When I think of Valpo I see players in bright yellow uniforms beating the heck out of the teams in the tournament here in Nashville. They looked like they could beat anyone 40 points. I supposed things may have changed some since then, but welcome all the same. I've seen what these folks can do...and it was a lot more than ..dealing with popcorn!
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 10th, 2017, 7:25 am

I must say the Valley needs to fire their marketing department immediately.

When Wichita was accepted to the AAC, it was truly a celebration on both ends.

This MVC tweet was so dismissive of the entire process, a slap to all the fans here!
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » May 10th, 2017, 9:25 am

Make MVC Great Again wrote:I must say the Valley needs to fire their marketing department immediately.

This MVC tweet was so dismissive of the entire process, a slap to all the fans here!

Shoxcity posted the above verbatim on ShockerNet. I agree 100%.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » May 10th, 2017, 9:32 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
Make MVC Great Again wrote:I must say the Valley needs to fire their marketing department immediately.

Shoxcity posted the above verbatim on ShockerNet. I agree 100%.

Well...Valpo hasn't accepted yet. Once that happens I would expect something more from the Valley.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 10th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Never trust the Valley!
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby VUGrad1314 » June 9th, 2017, 12:12 am

Thanks for the welcome! I, and many Valpo fans, are beyond thrilled to enter this conference. I have been a longtime fan of mid-major basketball, ever since Valpo's run in 1998 captured my heart. I began to always root for David to knock out the giants in their path during the tournament.That drew me to follow leagues with teams capable of doing just that on a regular basis; and as a league , the Valley has been one of the best in the business. Accordingly, I have tremendous respect for the Valley and its members.

When we filled out our brackets while I was still in school in the mid-late 2000s (before college), my friends and I used to play a game of which Valley team would advance the farthest. We knew that it wasn't a matter of if a Valley team can pull an upset, it was a matter of how many upsets they would pull. I watched with keen interest the runs of Southern Illinois, Bradley, and Northern Iowa, as well as the ascendance of Wichita State. I consider Ali Faroukmanesh's clinching three against Kansas to be one of the greatest moments since "The Shot" by Bryce Drew in tournament lore. I remember how great I thought it would be if Valpo could get into a conference like this. Now, 19 years after "The shot" I have my wish.

I firmly believe that the conference that I remember from the 90's to the mid-late 2000's is the true nature of the Missouri Valley Conference ; that the current MVC is more than capable of reaching that level again, and that Valpo can help the conference get there. No, we will not replace the Shockers;no one program can do that, but we do have one heck of a program here in Northwest Indiana that will be competitive from day one and a credit to the league. Everyone, from administration to coaches to players students alumni and fans are eager to prove this beginning with the upcoming season.

Make no mistake, I am honored as an alum that Valpo now has a seat at the table among such distinguished company. I am pleased that Valpo now counts itself among some of the best academic institutions in the midwest, a category Valpo is counted among as well. I look forward to rekindling old, long-dormant conference rivalries and to forging new ones; but despite our status as the new kid on the block, know that Valpo is up for the challenges of the Valley and will not back down from any program in the conference. Don't expect an easy win when you see Valparaiso on the schedule, expect a very tough game. That's certainly what I expect from the rest of the teams of the MVC, and I know we'll get it too.Go Crusaders! And go MVC!
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball