Re: Goal #1: Become Multi-Bid Conf. Again

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shocktheheart » May 11th, 2017, 10:11 am

Blers wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:UNI flops!

I like this guy.

Illinois St are a bunch of criminals! Creighton fans are drunks! Fire Barry! Did I miss any?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » May 11th, 2017, 10:12 am

I was all in on your argument until this:

Blers wrote:just like I couldn't label all ISUr players thugs.

You complain about someone having an agenda against Loyola or the "Privates"
yet you seem to have a similar prejudice against ISUr!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Born2Shock » May 11th, 2017, 10:19 am

uniftw wrote:
Rambler63 wrote:Having moved from Chicago to Normal, Illinois, the thing I miss the most are the restaurants.

Also, about 65% of the Illinois State and Southern Illinois students are from the Chicago area, so maybe this gentleman is mistaking people from Chicago as people he likes, and the New York and LA transplants or Chicago tourists from downstate Illinois are the people he doesn't like.

And it's freakin' amazing that despite not knowing how to run an athletic department, Loyola has 2 NCAA national championships in men's volleyball, a CBI title, an MTE trophy, the record for the largest winning margin in Arch Madness history, a men's soccer national ranking and NCAA at large bid..... in the last 3 years.

Mens VB - the only selling point of the athletic department - not an MVC sport

CBI title - WGAF. Congrats on being the tallest....you know the rest. I don't need yet another PM from a PC mod of this website

Larging MOV in Arch Madness? Cool. That certainly got you into the NCAA tournament? It at least got you to the title game, right? No? Well, certainly it means you've won more than 1 game in any given season in St Louis, right? Oh, that's also a no? That game was against an Indiana State team that was under .500 against D1 competition? You don't say.

MTE trophy? Cool. Join the club, I guess. What MTE was it? Something bigger like Battle 4 Atlantis, Hawaii, Maui, Cancun, Tire Pros, etc...? Not really. Okay, but at least it was like a 3 or 4 game event and not same small 3 or 4 team set up right? No, that's exactly what it was? Well, it's something I guess

Mens soccer ranking? Cool, I guess?

Certainly with the largest MOV in Arch Madness, a real good MVB team, and a good mens soccer team Loyola is at/near the top of the all sports standings, right? No? They weren't top 5 last year? Let's look at every year since they joined

16/17 not complete yet but based on current standings/completed sports. Only outdoor T/F aren't included. Baseball is based on current standings, but the position +/-1 is locked in and shouldn't really affect the stanindings...anyway...LUC is 9th
1- WSU 2.31
2- UNI 3.35
3- ISUR 4
4- MSU 4.38
5- SIU 4.41
6- DU 6.21
7- UE 6.38
8- ISUB 6.45
9- LUC 6.58
10- BU 6.75

15/16 - 10th
1- WSU 2.13
2- SIU 3.56
3- ISUR 4.53
4- UNI 4.56
5- MSU 4.93
6- ISUB 5
7- DU 5.63
8- BU 6.07
9- UE 6.62
10- LUC 6.64

14/15 - 10th
1- WSU 2.33
2- SIU 3.86
3- UNI 4.06
4- MSU 4.26
5- ISUB 4.54
6- ISUR 4.88
7- DU 5.56
8- BU 5.93
9- UE 6.23
10- LUC 6.79

13/14 - 8TH
1- WSU 2.13
2- ISUB 3.21
3- ISUR 3.94
4- SIU 4.06
5- UNI 4.86
6- MSU 5.15
7- BU 5.93
8- LUC 6
9- DU 6.31
10- UE 6.38

What this shows is that LUC might have a good soccer team, this year, but they've been pretty bad the three years prior were bottom half finishes. . I'll give some leeway for being new to the MVC, but the best year was the first year

It also shows why fans of public schools don't really care for the way the private schools carry themselves in terms of "importance". You've gone last, last and 9th since then. I have no idea how good anyone's track teams are, but with W and M OTF left to input, and the gap between BU and LUC it's not unreasonable to think there's a jump there. That's extra true when you look how how the ITF and XC teams performced compared to Loyola for Bradley. Bradly has also finished a head of Loyola in OTF every year as well in M and W.

Facts are cool. Based on actual data, what does this say about the privates? Across the board, they bring up the rear. Or ISUB should be a private school. Perhaps both.
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Blers » May 11th, 2017, 10:22 am

Redhawk wrote:I was all in on your argument until this:

I think you misread my post? I said I couldn't (or at least i hope i have not done) do that! I totally acknowledge that I wasn't a fan of Hawkins for all his off the court stuff drunk driving is a serious thing and i have no respect for it. But I had a TON of respect for players like Paris Lee, and Tony Willis; and just cuz Hawkins soured me i'm NOT going to spread that label to ISU fans/players (though i will again admit i rooted against Hawkins personal success on the court).

I do think ISUr definitely got/gets flack with the "jail birds" thing, but i think that came from all directions, it wasn't a public/private thing. And i think that sucks for a fanbase and a team. In the heat of the regular season I probably pointed to it out of frustration after they whooped us at home. Which is stupid cuz on the court they kicked our butts regardless. So I try not to spread big sweeping labels to an entire fanbase/team of college kids. Def not prejudice against ISUr fans!
Last edited by Blers on May 11th, 2017, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » May 11th, 2017, 10:28 am

Blers wrote:
Also two genuine questions: Thoughts on Deep Dish? And where'd you snag those Complete sports numbers, I believe em, just curious!

1. I didn't like Loyola from the very start. That's never been a secret. It is because they were/are a horrible athletic department and they represent everything wrong with this conference.

2. Deep dish if you want it. IDGAF either way. Give me carbs, cheese, meet, and sauce any way you want and I'll eat it.

3. Numbers are straight from the MVC website with standings for each sport.

Loyola's finishes by sport (most recent first
M Basketball 5 8 6 10 of 10
M Cross Country 5 6 7 2 of 9
M Golf 9 9 7 9 of 9
M Soccer 1 5 5 4 of 5
M I T&F 8 6 3 6 of 7
M O T&F TBD 8 5 4 of 8
W Basketball 10 5 9 8 of 10
W Cross Country 6 4 6 4 of 10
W Golf 7 6 7 9 of 10
W Soccer 6 2 6 3 of 7
Softball 8 10 9 7 of 10
W I T&F 8 9 9 4 of 9
W O T&F TBD 9 9 7 of 9
Volleyball 6 6 7 7 of 10
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » May 11th, 2017, 10:35 am

Blers wrote:
Redhawk wrote:I was all in on your argument until this:

I think you misread my post? I said I couldn't (or at least i hope i have not done) do that! I totally acknowledge that I wasn't a fan of Hawkins for all his off the court stuff drunk driving is a serious thing and i have no respect for it. But I had a TON of respect for players like Paris Lee, and Tony Willis; and just cuz Hawkins soured me i'm NOT going to spread that label to ISU fans/players (though i will again admit i rooted against Hawkins personal success on the court).

I do think ISUr definitely gets flack with the "jail birds" thing, but i think that came from all directions. In the heat of the regular season I probably pointed to it out of frustration cuz they whooped us at home, but i try not to spread that to an entire fanbase/team of college kids.

I can't read your mind but when you say "I couldn't label them all" it essentially means that
the majority are thugs..but not all.

That IS labeling a team as a bunch of "jail birds" which was a very nice subtle pun on your part.
Maybe you just subconsciously hate the Redbirds!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » May 11th, 2017, 10:36 am

uniftw wrote:
Blers wrote:
Also two genuine questions: Thoughts on Deep Dish? And where'd you snag those Complete sports numbers, I believe em, just curious!

1. I didn't like Loyola from the very start. That's never been a secret. It is because they were/are a horrible athletic department and they represent everything wrong with this conference.

2. Deep dish if you want it. IDGAF either way. Give me carbs, cheese, meet, and sauce any way you want and I'll eat it.

M Golf 9 9 7 9 of 9
M Soccer 1 5 5 4 of 5
M I T&F 8 6 3 6 of 7
M O T&F TBD 8 5 4 of 8
W Golf 7 6 7 9 of 10
W Soccer 6 2 6 3 of 7
Softball 8 10 9 7 of 10
W I T&F 8 9 9 4 of 9
W O T&F TBD 9 9 7 of 9
Volleyball 6 6 7 7 of 10

One regular season championship in four years in all sports? And that was this year! Eight top half finishes in Fifty-Four tries? When is Loyola going to dip into the large endowment to actually be competitive in this conference?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » May 11th, 2017, 10:42 am

Love all the pizzas mentioned but prefer Malnotti's

As for Beef actually like Buona Beef the best!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » May 11th, 2017, 10:45 am

uniftw wrote:
Blers wrote:

M Golf 9 9 7 9 of 9
M Soccer 1 5 5 4 of 5
M I T&F 8 6 3 6 of 7
M O T&F TBD 8 5 4 of 8
W Golf 7 6 7 9 of 10
W Soccer 6 2 6 3 of 7
Softball 8 10 9 7 of 10
W I T&F 8 9 9 4 of 9
W O T&F TBD 9 9 7 of 9
Volleyball 6 6 7 7 of 10

Could you link me? I don't think you're making it up, these just aren't all accurate. I guess maybe their numbers taking W/L's after the conference tournament since we were the 7 seed last year in MBB, and while we finished second in the Conference tournament in Women's soccer last year i don't think we were the two seed.. There's also more than 5 teams in MVC soccer.

hahaha also i give up; i'm out of my depth. I don't think ya'll are jailbirds. But i see it on here a bunch, my beef was only with Hawkins.

Speaking of beef, Buona Beef is super clutch though. Johnny's beef is also stellar but there's only one or two locations.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball