Re: What's the holdup?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » May 25th, 2017, 9:44 am

uniftw wrote:There are no hold ups.

Baseball is still going.
Softball just finished on Sunday.

The second Valpo publicly states their intent to move conferences the Horizon can/will pull their AQ eligibility.

Unless Murray didn't care about AQ status in those sports, they also would have delayed publicly accepting.

Called it.

Their baseball season ended at about 2PM central yesterday. That left 3 "business" hours yesterday. They announced at 9AM central today - an hour into the business day today.

Basically, the announced within 4 hours of their last potential AQ sport ending.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » May 25th, 2017, 11:48 am

DUBulldog wrote:It's official now....Valpo is in the MVC

https://twitter.com/MVCsports/status/867742505453764608

[sarcasm] Why July 1st? If Valpo had any integrity it would be effective May 25th! [/sarcasm]

Welcome to our former Pioneer Football Conference foe. Now if we could just convince the UE administration to renew the football rivalry.... but I digress.
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniftw » May 25th, 2017, 12:11 pm

PurpleAcesFootball wrote:

[sarcasm] Why July 1st? If Valpo had any integrity it would be effective May 25th! [/sarcasm]

Welcome to our former Pioneer Football Conference foe. Now if we could just convince the UE administration to renew the football rivalry.... but I digress.

Give Valpo's football program I would bet you could pull 40ish guys off your campus, give them a few months to get something together for a game plan, and you'd give them a hell of a game.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheDrake » May 25th, 2017, 2:13 pm

uniftw wrote:

Give Valpo's football program I would bet you could pull 40ish guys off your campus, give them a few months to get something together for a game plan, and you'd give them a hell of a game.

Fortunately, no one gives a s*** about football below the FBS level.
TheDrake
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » May 25th, 2017, 3:45 pm

TheDrake wrote:Fortunately, no one gives a s*** about football below the FBS level.

I mean I wouldn't give a crap about my team either if we were losing to Grand View and Quincy on a regular basis...
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby VUFWAlum » May 25th, 2017, 5:38 pm

Daughter went to UE (Valpo did not have an Archaeology degree) and my wife and I were on the Parents Council for those 4 years. Could not believe how often the whole football thing came up in conversation. I have to admit that I thought it would come back at some point based upon that experience, that was 10 years ago and still no football. :(
VUFWAlum
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby pafan » May 26th, 2017, 7:44 am

VUFWAlum wrote:Daughter went to UE (Valpo did not have an Archaeology degree) and my wife and I were on the Parents Council for those 4 years. Could not believe how often the whole football thing came up in conversation. I have to admit that I thought it would come back at some point based upon that experience, that was 10 years ago and still no football. :(

I was at school the same time your daughter was. I really thought it would happen when they hired Kazee as prez. It seemed like bringing back football had been building up steam for 3-5 years at that point.

But nah. I think PurpleAces Football is now permanently dead.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby UEACES80 » May 26th, 2017, 8:51 am

When I was at UE in the late '70's we had football but it was much dead - MIke Alden former Mizzou AD was on the football team. Then later Andy Benes was on the Football, Basketball and of course the Baseball team when he was a Freshman.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby E-Villan » May 27th, 2017, 10:49 am

I would love to see football return to UE. There is no question that having those additional athletes on campus helped our student section at basketball games. I also think it is fair to realize that we probably lost some support from football alumni, who felt a disconnect with the university after the football program was dropped. There are worse ways to spend a fall afternoon than watching a Pioneer League football game.

With that said, I would not want to see anything thrown towards reviving the football program until all of the issues within the basketball program are adequately addressed and funded.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball