Early Looks at MVC Players

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Early Looks at MVC Players

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » June 9th, 2017, 9:22 am

BCPanther wrote:Since we're talking schedules, UNI is freaking loaded again.

Home-
Xavier
UNLV
UT-Arlington (buy game)
Iowa Conference Opponent (DIII)
Battle 4 Atlantis Home Game
1 More Buy Game (One of the Dakotas, most likely)

Away-
North Carolina
1 Home and Home to start on road (Agreed but not signed, Top 75 team)

Neutral-
Battle 4 Atlantis (Arizona, Villanova, NC State, Purdue, Tenn, SMU, WKU)
Iowa State in Des Moines

1 more to get

Ended up with 2 D-III games both Wartburg and Dubuque on the schedule. Plus RPI anchors Alcorn St. and Chicago St. Woof!
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BCPanther » June 9th, 2017, 9:38 am

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
BCPanther wrote:Since we're talking schedules, UNI is freaking loaded again.

Home-
Xavier
UNLV
UT-Arlington (buy game)
Iowa Conference Opponent (DIII)
Battle 4 Atlantis Home Game
1 More Buy Game (One of the Dakotas, most likely)

Away-
North Carolina
1 Home and Home to start on road (Agreed but not signed, Top 75 team)

Neutral-
Battle 4 Atlantis (Arizona, Villanova, NC State, Purdue, Tenn, SMU, WKU)
Iowa State in Des Moines

1 more to get

Ended up with 2 D-III games both Wartburg and Dubuque on the schedule. Plus RPI anchors Alcorn St. and Chicago St. Woof!

We had no choice on Chicago State, that's our Battle 4 Atlantis mainland game. Alcorn is a buy to get another home game.

The D3s are fine because they get us home games and don't count against RPI.

Should still be a Top 25 SOS with a lot more chances to get some wins. Sweep the home games and get 2 of the 4 games between Iowa State and Atlantis and we'll give ourselves a chance at an at large.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » June 9th, 2017, 2:57 pm

UNI, by virtue of a 4-game MTE is eligible to play 13 non-conference games. They have scheduled 12 total, 10 being D1. And there is no believing this isn't intentional as they have gone ahead and called it a day in early June.

Somebody want to get at me again about how last year's short-coming was an unfortunate one-off due to a bunch of conspiring events out of their control?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Born2Shock » June 9th, 2017, 3:14 pm

Cdizzle wrote:UNI, by virtue of a 4-game MTE is eligible to play 13 non-conference games. They have scheduled 12 total, 10 being D1. And there is no believing this isn't intentional as they have gone ahead and called it a day in early June.

Somebody want to get at me again about how last year's short-coming was an unfortunate one-off due to a bunch of conspiring events out of their control?

Dude. You are forgetting Wyatt Lohaus.
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Redhawk » June 9th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Born2Shock wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:UNI, by virtue of a 4-game MTE is eligible to play 13 non-conference games. They have scheduled 12 total, 10 being D1. And there is no believing this isn't intentional as they have gone ahead and called it a day in early June.

:+1: :Cheers: :bow:
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » June 10th, 2017, 4:40 pm

Redhawk wrote:
Born2Shock wrote:

:+1: :Cheers: :bow:

Amusing that it takes fans from a team no longer in the conference to actually have credibility in criticizing UNI's schedule. None of the other 8 teams have done jack in terms of trying to develop strong non-conference schedules for years.

The Lohaus injury had nothing to do with the schedule, which was still tougher than any the rest of the conference had done. I'll go out on a limb and project UNI to have one of the top non-conference schedules this year as well.

There is still an open weekend in December. Some rumors of the conference doing a round of games then in order to not crowd games during the conference season, don't know what other schedules will show.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » June 10th, 2017, 4:54 pm

UNI has Xavier, UNLV, Iowa State, UT Arlington, North Carolina, probably Arizona and 2 more really good teams in Atlantis on the schedule and you, fan of a team in a different conf, want to go out of your way to criticize? lmao, get the hell out of here.

If you are so concerned with UNI's schedule, I'd tell your weirdo paranoid twitchy turd of a coach to give us a call, I'm sure UNI would be willing to add yet another tough game to the schedule, but we both know that phone call aint coming.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » June 12th, 2017, 12:09 pm

valleychamp wrote:
UNI has Xavier, UNLV, Iowa State, UT Arlington, North Carolina, probably Arizona and 2 more really good teams in Atlantis on the schedule and you, fan of a team in a different conf, want to go out of your way to criticize? lmao, get the hell out of here.

Absolutely, I do. I was told by all of your purple-clad friends last year that this type of scheduling wasn't deliberate, but the unfortunate by-product of a ton of extenuating circumstances. I called BS. This adds further evidence that I was correct.

What this really points out is exactly the argument I was making last year, and relates directly to why my team will soon no longer be in said conference, therefore making it extremely relevant: UNI is the best program remaining in the MVC, and they can't afford buy games to complete a schedule.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » June 12th, 2017, 12:47 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
valleychamp wrote:

Absolutely, I do. I was told by all of your purple-clad friends last year that this type of scheduling wasn't deliberate, but the unfortunate by-product of a ton of extenuating circumstances. I called BS. This adds further evidence that I was correct.

What this really points out is exactly the argument I was making last year, and relates directly to why my team will soon no longer be in said conference, therefore making it extremely relevant: UNI is the best program remaining in the MVC, and they can't afford buy games to complete a schedule.

I call BS to your BS. It was explained to you last year how there were no available dates within the schedule due to the early Thanksgiving tourney to get an extra date without putting extra travel/game stress on the players. You have NEVER refuted that fact, so your BS call is just that, BS. No, we are not going to schedule a game during Finals week, some schools actually do put academics as a priority.

Sorry, we can't just call someone and schedule a game whenever we feel like it. There has to be an open date (last year there were none, there is a date this year but I have heard possibilities that that will be filled), and there has to be a willing opponent. Without someone to play, it's hard to schedule a game.

Again, show me another MVC team with a more challenging schedule. I suppose we could just fill up with SWACs like others, but that defeats the purpose of developing a non-conference schedule that gives you a chance at an at-large. We've seen how that has worked for others in the conference the last few years.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » June 12th, 2017, 12:50 pm

Excuse train, departing Cedar Flops.

All Aboard!
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball