This is the MVC

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

This is the MVC

Postby Redhawk » May 26th, 2017, 7:38 am

Since it is now official I would like to welcome Valpo and it's fans to the MVC!

This is the new MVC:

http://cdn.streamlinetechnologies.com/m ... aphics.pdf
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

This is the MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: This is the MVC

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 26th, 2017, 7:39 am

This is where I'll take a moment to talk about Grand Canyon University. Just kidding. Welcome Valpo fans. Glad to FINALLY have you all in the MVC!
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby IllinoisState » May 26th, 2017, 9:50 am

Redhawk wrote:Since it is now official I would like to welcome Valpo and it's fans to the MVC!

This is the new MVC:

Some of that information is wrong, but it is interesting.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mule » May 26th, 2017, 12:29 pm

IllinoisState wrote:
Redhawk wrote:Since it is now official I would like to welcome Valpo and it's fans to the MVC!

This is the new MVC:

Please enlighten us.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby E-Villan » May 26th, 2017, 3:01 pm

mule wrote:
IllinoisState wrote:

This is the new MVC:

Please enlighten us.

Just a quick glance, the Evansville MSA is 358,676 and the Ford Center holds 10,000 for basketball.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 26th, 2017, 3:29 pm

Well the Evansville metro area does hold 320,000 so it's not that far off. And, they listed the hockey seating for Evansville. Probably based on actual fixed seats. The other 1000 seats are expansion seating. I agree they could have done better but technically they aren't wrong.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » May 26th, 2017, 8:01 pm

Can't wait to get to some games at Valpo in addition to the Northwestern game at Rosemont. Valparaiso is such a great addition.

Now get Murray on board next year!
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RacerJoeD » May 26th, 2017, 9:41 pm

Valpo is a heck of an add. Hopefully Murray is next.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby E-Villan » May 27th, 2017, 10:41 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:Well the Evansville metro area does hold 320,000 so it's not that far off. And, they listed the hockey seating for Evansville. Probably based on actual fixed seats. The other 1000 seats are expansion seating. I agree they could have done better but technically they aren't wrong.

Not sure where you are getting the 320K, the media guide has it at 315K, and the actual is 358K+. Not sure of your idea of not being far off, but missing the factual number by nearly 45K is a little more than not far off, especially considering it is just one of ten schools. If others are off this much, it can be a real issue. This is the media guide, and the information used to sell the conference to potential broadcasters and advertisers. Not to mention that it appears the Evansville and Owensboro MSA's are going to be combined, which brings the number closer to 500K.

I haven't taken the time to look at the other schools, but I am certain there are more errors as well.

Sorry, but if a casual fan can do a 5 second google search and get the factual information, I would expect the professional whose job it is to sell the conference and generate revenue, to take the time to print factual information, especially when it is in the conferences favor.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » May 27th, 2017, 11:30 am

E-Villan wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:Well the Evansville metro area does hold 320,000 so it's not that far off. And, they listed the hockey seating for Evansville. Probably based on actual fixed seats. The other 1000 seats are expansion seating. I agree they could have done better but technically they aren't wrong.

Not sure where you are getting the 320K, the media guide has it at 315K, and the actual is 358K+. Not sure of your idea of not being far off, but missing the factual number by nearly 45K is a little more than not far off, especially considering it is just one of ten schools. If others are off this much, it can be a real issue. This is the media guide, and the information used to sell the conference to potential broadcasters and advertisers. Not to mention that it appears the Evansville and Owensboro MSA's are going to be combined, which brings the number closer to 500K.

I haven't taken the time to look at the other schools, but I am certain there are more errors as well.

Sorry, but if a casual fan can do a 5 second google search and get the factual information, I would expect the professional whose job it is to sell the conference and generate revenue, to take the time to print factual information, especially when it is in the conferences favor.

Pretty sure blonos metro isn't 190. I always thought it was about 160. Our urban is 135. Outside of that it's nothing but farms. Hard to see 55,000 more people
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball