Scheduling

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Scheduling

Postby AndShock » July 4th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Dean Wormer wrote:
AndShock wrote:USF pays their basketball coach more than half of the Valley. Combined.

And what are they getting for that? They are meaningless, just like Tulane, East Carolina, Tulsa, etc. I don't give a thought about any of them, and now, I don't Wichita either. Not sour grapes, just a fact. Unless we meet up again, Wichita is not relevant to me or probably just about anyone else in the league. The divorce is over, move along now.

Nothing yet, but I bet Gregory makes them respectable. There was a time when Cold used to prounce around here bragging about Gregg's $1.4 million a year salary. The response was always "And what are they getting for that?"
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEARZ77 » July 5th, 2017, 6:57 am

AndShock wrote:Nothing yet, but I bet Gregory makes them respectable. There was a time when Cold used to prounce around here bragging about Gregg's $1.4 million a year salary. The response was always "And what are they getting for that?"

Yadda, yadda, yadda; I don't know what about " we don't care" anymore is so hard to get. :huh: We've heard it all ad nauseam from Shocker fans. You wanted to leave, it was a good move for your University, so get on with it; you are now inconsequential here.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » July 5th, 2017, 11:45 am

The fact that some MVC fans are venturing over to the AAC forum sounds worse than some Shocker fans who still feel some sort of connection to schools on this board. I guess you have a basketball connection, but that is all. There are posters at the AAC board from other conferences and schools and no one on that board gives it a second thought.

I think that all posts that are fair and venomless (I will admit that not all Shocker fans who have been posting lately have not been faultless so I'm not defending those posts, but most Shocker posts have been positive or at least respectful) should not be attacked. I think that some posts on here are attacking the entire WSU fan base, and I could attack back like I would have several months ago, but I don't want to be thin skinned, and react needlessly. I would much rather spend the few minutes when I check back, with positive comments.

I think that we will see with more accuracy which way the Valley is heading at the end of the year. I sincerely hope that it is not a lower rung on the totem pole. Again, Good Luck and if you wish, I welcome you visiting us at Shockernet.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » July 5th, 2017, 1:15 pm

mvcfan wrote:The fact that some MVC fans are venturing over to the AAC forum sounds worse than some Shocker fans who still feel some sort of connection to schools on this board. I guess you have a basketball connection, but that is all. There are posters at the AAC board from other conferences and schools and no one on that board gives it a second thought.

I think that all posts that are fair and venomless (I will admit that not all Shocker fans who have been posting lately have not been faultless so I'm not defending those posts, but most Shocker posts have been positive or at least respectful) should not be attacked. I think that some posts on here are attacking the entire WSU fan base, and I could attack back like I would have several months ago, but I don't want to be thin skinned, and react needlessly. I would much rather spend the few minutes when I check back, with positive comments.

I think that we will see with more accuracy which way the Valley is heading at the end of the year. I sincerely hope that it is not a lower rung on the totem pole. Again, Good Luck and if you wish, I welcome you visiting us at Shockernet.

God forbid someone not in the MVC wants to read about the MVC.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » July 5th, 2017, 1:24 pm

For me, it's about being respectful on your way out the door. If you are not, then there is no place for you on this website (Cdizzle and Snaggletooth). The fans who have an aura of entitlement are the issue here, not the rest of you.

Also, I don't necessarily care to have a preseason AAC player of the year from a random media member posted on this website. It's all predictive in early July and it's predictive for a league that is not our own. Those types of posts deserve to be on the AAC board as it's relevant to them only.

Now, if something like Landry Shamet is transferring or Gregg Marshall is leaving for a new job, then yes post away as that is concrete information that we will find intriguing and can then discuss.

Shamet being named preseason POY from Jon Rothstein in July means nothing to us and provides little to no discussion points for the remaining 10 league members other than WSU fans rubbing in they have an elite pg.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Old School MVC » July 5th, 2017, 6:21 pm

All fan bases are close to the same, about 95% are good fans with good intent while the other 5% are unbearable. The reason that Wichita seems to have so many more of the unbearable ones is because they have so many more fans. I have been to STL for quite a few years now and have only ran into 1 or 2 shocker fans that are complete a@@holes. Most all have been enjoyable to talk with. Now if you want to talk about posters like Championz and whatever other names he uses, that is a completely different story. He is even hated by his own fan base!
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Blers » July 13th, 2017, 12:00 pm

No official word on the NC State game at Loyola yet. But Ramblers will be playing at Florida (Gators) on December 6th.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » July 13th, 2017, 4:03 pm

Blers wrote:No official word on the NC State game at Loyola yet. But Ramblers will be playing at Florida (Gators) on December 6th.

I thought the official word was that NC State bought out the contract and wasn't going to return the game.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby goramblers2011 » July 13th, 2017, 4:08 pm

MVCfans wrote:
Blers wrote:No official word on the NC State game at Loyola yet. But Ramblers will be playing at Florida (Gators) on December 6th.

I thought the official word was that NC State bought out the contract and wasn't going to return the game.

That is what Porter Moser stated in a radio interview. No official press release or any "official schedule" released by either school as of yet, however.
goramblers2011
All MVC
All MVC

Postby VUGrad1314 » July 28th, 2017, 8:00 pm

I really do hate to say this but this schedule is embarrassing. Outside of the MVC\MW Challenge game, I don't see a single appealing home matchup; and the road slate is banking on improvements from Murray State and SLU in order to be strong. SIU is looked upon as a top 3-4 team in the Valley and really should have scheduled better. The Valley needs teams like SIU to step it up if we want any hope of recovering multi-bid status anytime soon.

http://siusalukis.com/news/2017/7/28/me ... slate.aspx
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball