Scheduling

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Scheduling

Postby Lusuperfan1 » June 27th, 2017, 9:40 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:As for budgetary differences, all schools need to increase their basketball budgets to, at a minimum,$3 million each. I don't care the circumstances of the school. This should be a requirement of the MVC as much as scheduling.

For the record, I wouldn't mind either although I preface that by saying I'm one of the fan bases' more skeptical members regarding our current administration's ability to turn the program around.
Lusuperfan1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Blers » June 27th, 2017, 11:10 am

Well none of the coaches have charter planes anymore in the MVC... so it's really a moot point.

Would love to see schools as a whole needs to invest more in their programs (especially LU). My understanding from someone with knowledge on the Rambler board was that budget increases for us were coming, then the school hit a ten million dollar hole with that MAP Grants not being funded. Rather than force students to pay for the scholarships they were promised by the states out of pocket the university chose to cover students, which in turn affected athletics (the right choice).

I'd love to see money come from the big endowment and go to athletics, but schools generally don't want to pay out of the endowment (there's a lot of reasons why, but the gist is if you're siphoning money from the endowment fund, the university is likely in trouble). That said it could be argued if you invest enough, you eventually get a return and make more money... I don't know.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » June 28th, 2017, 11:41 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:As for budgetary differences, all schools need to increase their basketball budgets to, at a minimum,$3 million each. I don't care the circumstances of the school. This should be a requirement of the MVC as much as scheduling.

BirdsEyeView: WSU fans are all meanies for saying other Valley programs need to invest more. WSU is just lucky to have a rich guy footing the bill.

BIrdsEyeView 3 hours later: All Valley schools must increase their investment, regardless of circumstances, and it should be mandated.

You can't make this stuff up!
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » June 28th, 2017, 12:59 pm

Cdizzle wrote:

BirdsEyeView: WSU fans are all meanies for saying other Valley programs need to invest more. WSU is just lucky to have a rich guy footing the bill.

BIrdsEyeView 3 hours later: All Valley schools must increase their investment, regardless of circumstances, and it should be mandated.

You can't make this stuff up!

You're truly an idiot. I have seen you on here since I posted that. Just couldn't think of something to say until now, Huh? It's okay not everyone is quick witted...

As for your comments, I never said the first part, only stating you have an emergency fund of deep pockets other Valley schools don't have. Nothing about Valley programs, only about your deep pockets.

What I do believe is all schools need to increase their basketball budgets over $3 million mark, not $6 million or whatever Wichita operates at.

These are mutually exclusive topics and the 2nd part was never brought up in the previous argument.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » June 28th, 2017, 2:50 pm

Since you have trouble remembering what you have written, seemingly the minute you write it, I'll continue to help.

Birdseyeview: "Gotta love Shocker fans just hovering, waiting to pounce."

Birdseyeview: "I have seen you on here since I posted that. Just couldn't think of something to say until now, Huh? It's okay not everyone is quick witted..."

Truly, thy hypocrisy knows no bounds. I'll let you rate my response time on your idiot-scale. Apparently either end reads "WSU fans are terrible."
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » June 28th, 2017, 3:12 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Since you have trouble remembering what you have written, seemingly the minute you write it, I'll continue to help.

Birdseyeview: "Gotta love Shocker fans just hovering, waiting to pounce."

Birdseyeview: "I have seen you on here since I posted that. Just couldn't think of something to say until now, Huh? It's okay not everyone is quick witted..."

Truly, thy hypocrisy knows no bounds. I'll let you rate my response time on your idiot-scale. Apparently either end reads "WSU fans are terrible."

What does that have to do with your claim before?? I see you have moved on from your statement since it did not apply. Well done, dumba**

As for this NEW claim, I am not waiting to pounce on anything, I'm just reading the board and see you online....so how are those two statements hypocrisy??

Meanwhile, since you announced your Shockers are leaving the conference,you guys come in here guns a blazing looking for any opportunity to attack the "inferior" MVC whenever possible. That fact is true. We are tired of you. Go away. Your new message board awaits. Please leave.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » June 29th, 2017, 9:35 am

Blers wrote:Dizzle, just stop. Saying the budget stuff didn't have an issue is actually ridiculous. Not all schools have charter planes for their coaches.

LU got screwed recently on scheduling, NC State is choosing to bye out their return game for last year. Porter was on ESPN Radio venting about it around the 1:30 mark: http://www.espn.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=19684298

When will you Loyola fans learn that you are a low-major?

NC State knows you are going to play a weak schedule to inflate your record but have a 200 RPI.

They have nothing to gain playing you, your win against SDSU literally ruined their season.

Also, NCSU just hired a new coach. Give the man a break and let him schedule his own season. He doesn't owe you anything and they would probably have beaten you again.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Lusuperfan1 » June 29th, 2017, 10:10 am

Make MVC Great Again wrote:
Blers wrote:Dizzle, just stop. Saying the budget stuff didn't have an issue is actually ridiculous. Not all schools have charter planes for their coaches.

LU got screwed recently on scheduling, NC State is choosing to bye out their return game for last year. Porter was on ESPN Radio venting about it around the 1:30 mark: http://www.espn.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=19684298

When will you Loyola fans learn that you are a low-major?

NC State knows you are going to play a weak schedule to inflate your record but have a 200 RPI.

They have nothing to gain playing you, your win against SDSU literally ruined their season.

Also, NCSU just hired a new coach. Give the man a break and let him schedule his own season. He doesn't owe you anything and they would probably have beaten you again.

Do you have anything positive to offer in this board or is your infantile obsession of hating all things Loyola all that your life revolves around?
Lusuperfan1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Blers » June 29th, 2017, 10:10 am

I mean as someone who loves mid major basketball across the Midwest like you claim i figured you'd like a good game against a P5 school in the area. Guess not :'(
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » June 29th, 2017, 10:14 am

Blers wrote:I mean as someone who loves mid major basketball across the Midwest like you claim i figured you'd like a good game against a P5 school in the area. Guess not :'(

Perhaps he doesn't think Loyola plays mid-major basketball. I can understand his confusion.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball