Scheduling

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Scheduling

Postby TheAsianSensation » August 26th, 2017, 9:22 am

That's one of the worst schedules I've ever seen.

1) not just no games against the P5; no games against the top 11 conferences outside of a mandated MWC game....which is a home game against a bottom tier team that provides no value
2) it's better to not play a tournament than to play that tournament. Anything short of winning all 3 neutral site games will cripple the resume
3) 3 road games at Summit schools! 3!
4) it gives the XDSUs fodder that they think they should be realignment candidates :twisted:
5) MSU should be favored in every game....but there's 7 road/neutral games. What will end up happening is they'll lose a couple, understandably because they're road/neutral games, but they'll all look like bad losses to the selection committee. Optics is important and their resume will look worse than their performance because of the nature of the games
6) and the kicker....a SWAC school and a MEAC school, they couldn't even schedule the right cupcakes
7) a home and home with NDSU just means we have to put up with more NDSU talk on this forum :twisted:
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: April 6th, 2012, 7:23 am

Re: Scheduling

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Scheduling

Postby BEARZ77 » August 26th, 2017, 11:02 am

I agree it's a crap schedule, but SDST and NDST are decent mids as is Wright State. And even though Western Kentucky was bad last year, Stansbury will get them to a decent level and I have been wanting that series for years as a natural area rival. I don't care what conference a team is from, all I look at is are they going to be a top 50, 100 or 150 team , because that's how the committee looks at it. There's no top 50's, maybe 2-3 top 100s, but it's crap. I'm not going to defend it beyond that, this is why Lusk is the most disrespected coach in our history.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 661
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 6:54 am

Re: Scheduling

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » August 26th, 2017, 12:01 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:I agree it's a crap schedule, but SDST and NDST are decent mids as is Wright State. And even though Western Kentucky was bad last year, Stansbury will get them to a decent level and I have been wanting that series for years as a natural area rival. I don't care what conference a team is from, all I look at is are they going to be a top 50, 100 or 150 team , because that's how the committee looks at it. There's no top 50's, maybe 2-3 top 100s, but it's crap. I'm not going to defend it beyond that, this is why Lusk is the most disrespected coach in our history.


Only way to make the tourney is to win the MVC tournament with that schedule unless they literally go 31-3
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 355
Joined: April 10th, 2017, 4:20 pm

Re: Scheduling

Postby VU2014 » August 26th, 2017, 5:51 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:I agree it's a crap schedule, but SDST and NDST are decent mids as is Wright State. And even though Western Kentucky was bad last year, Stansbury will get them to a decent level and I have been wanting that series for years as a natural area rival. I don't care what conference a team is from, all I look at is are they going to be a top 50, 100 or 150 team , because that's how the committee looks at it. There's no top 50's, maybe 2-3 top 100s, but it's crap. I'm not going to defend it beyond that, this is why Lusk is the most disrespected coach in our history.


Only way to make the tourney is to win the MVC tournament with that schedule unless they literally go 31-3


Agreed. I'm a little surprised Lusk wasn't more aggressive with the scheduling with this team. MSU is pretty talented and is the Conference Favorites with Loyola. Its a little puzzling they didn't put together a tougher Non-Conf schedule.
VU2014
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 59
Joined: March 19th, 2017, 8:53 pm

Re: Scheduling

Postby AndShock » August 26th, 2017, 8:23 pm

From the outside, it is painfully obvious that the SWOMO Head Coach and Administration have accepted that they only need to play for one weekend in March. The support being thrown behind Lusk at the end of last season was a bit weird but it all made sense when Wichita State left the conference. With Wichita State gone SWOMO probably has a 20% chance of getting to the NCAA tournament. With Wichita State in the conference it was closer to 2%. SWOMO's administration will pretend they look like geniuses if Lusk can get to the NCAA tournament, even if it's as a 14 seed. Then they will get to use that berth to buy another 5 years of Lusk. It's an easy job when you don't have to hire/fire anyone, you come in under budget, and your're meeting your "goals." If I was a SWOMO fan I would be furious. SWOMO has shown what they have the potential to be just 6 years ago but the administration has no interest in trying to get there.
AndShock
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 898
Joined: August 9th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Re: Scheduling

Postby BEARZ77 » August 26th, 2017, 11:14 pm

SWOMO?? :huh:
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 661
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 6:54 am

Re: Scheduling

Postby AndShock » August 27th, 2017, 3:26 am

BEARZ77 wrote:SWOMO?? :huh:

If that's all you took from my post then I assume you guys feel the same way.
AndShock
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 898
Joined: August 9th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Re: Scheduling

Postby BEARZ77 » August 27th, 2017, 8:00 am

AndShock wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:SWOMO?? :huh:

If that's all you took from my post then I assume you guys feel the same way.


I didn't take anything from your post cause if you don't even know the name of the University, you have zero validity. You got run off Bear Nation for that, and tried to give some lame excuse; I don't see any thing different now. A trolls a troll.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 661
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 6:54 am

Re: Scheduling

Postby ACECARD » August 27th, 2017, 11:08 am

BEARZ77 wrote:
AndShock wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:SWOMO?? :huh:

If that's all you took from my post then I assume you guys feel the same way.


I didn't take anything from your post cause if you don't even know the name of the University, you have zero validity. You got run off Bear Nation for that, and tried to give some lame excuse; I don't see any thing different now. A trolls a troll.

What more could you expect from a troll who is a fan of Fairmount College? They are all * holes who also enjoyed calling the Aces EU.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 611
Joined: August 13th, 2010, 7:41 pm

Re: Scheduling

Postby AndShock » August 27th, 2017, 1:05 pm

ACECARD wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:
AndShock wrote:If that's all you took from my post then I assume you guys feel the same way.


I didn't take anything from your post cause if you don't even know the name of the University, you have zero validity. You got run off Bear Nation for that, and tried to give some lame excuse; I don't see any thing different now. A trolls a troll.

What more could you expect from a troll who is a fan of Fairmount College? They are all * holes who also enjoyed calling the Aces EU.

You can call us Fairmount College. It doesn't offend me at all. Or Not a State. Or Wichita Staty Universite. Getting your panties in a wad over what other fans refer to you as is the weirdest crap ever. The only school that has a case for the whining is UNI because calling them NIU is literally referring to them as a different school. I can start referring to us as Fairmount if it would make you feel better?
AndShock
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 898
Joined: August 9th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Re: Scheduling

Postby MSUDuo » August 27th, 2017, 3:07 pm

AndShock wrote:From the outside, it is painfully obvious that the SWOMO Head Coach and Administration have accepted that they only need to play for one weekend in March. The support being thrown behind Lusk at the end of last season was a bit weird but it all made sense when Wichita State left the conference. With Wichita State gone SWOMO probably has a 20% chance of getting to the NCAA tournament. With Wichita State in the conference it was closer to 2%. SWOMO's administration will pretend they look like geniuses if Lusk can get to the NCAA tournament, even if it's as a 14 seed. Then they will get to use that berth to buy another 5 years of Lusk. It's an easy job when you don't have to hire/fire anyone, you come in under budget, and your're meeting your "goals." If I was a SWOMO fan I would be furious. SWOMO has shown what they have the potential to be just 6 years ago but the administration has no interest in trying to get there.


Some of us are furious.

They aren't getting a dime from me, for any sport, until Lusk and Moats are gone.

Settled for going to away baseball games last year. Not sure how I'm going to get my football or volleyball fixes this year just yet.
User avatar
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: August 5th, 2010, 7:49 pm

Re: Scheduling

Postby glm38 » August 27th, 2017, 4:53 pm

I didn't take anything from your post cause if you don't even know the name of the University, you have zero validity. You got run off Bear Nation for that, and tried to give some lame excuse; I don't see any thing different now. A trolls a troll.[/quote]
What more could you expect from a troll who is a fan of Fairmount College? They are all * holes who also enjoyed calling the Aces EU.[/quote]
You can call us Fairmount College. It doesn't offend me at all. Or Not a State. Or Wichita Staty Universite. Getting your panties in a wad over what other fans refer to you as is the weirdest crap ever. The only school that has a case for the whining is UNI because calling them NIU is literally referring to them as a different school. I can start referring to us as Fairmount if it would make you feel better?[/quote]

Or you could just do the obvious grown up thing and type "MSU"?? How hard is that? :Bam:

I do agree with you that I'm pretty mad about this pathetic schedule. Best talent in years and our only shot at the ncaa's is to win arch madness. I'm not going to stop going to games or being a Bears fan though.
User avatar
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 2304
Joined: July 3rd, 2011, 2:00 pm
Location: Springfield, MO

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: NuncEstBibendum and 4 guests