Scheduling

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Scheduling

Postby Make MVC Great Again » June 29th, 2017, 9:35 am

Blers wrote:Dizzle, just stop. Saying the budget stuff didn't have an issue is actually ridiculous. Not all schools have charter planes for their coaches.

LU got screwed recently on scheduling, NC State is choosing to bye out their return game for last year. Porter was on ESPN Radio venting about it around the 1:30 mark: http://www.espn.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=19684298

When will you Loyola fans learn that you are a low-major?

NC State knows you are going to play a weak schedule to inflate your record but have a 200 RPI.

They have nothing to gain playing you, your win against SDSU literally ruined their season.

Also, NCSU just hired a new coach. Give the man a break and let him schedule his own season. He doesn't owe you anything and they would probably have beaten you again.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Lusuperfan1 » June 29th, 2017, 10:10 am

Make MVC Great Again wrote:
Blers wrote:Dizzle, just stop. Saying the budget stuff didn't have an issue is actually ridiculous. Not all schools have charter planes for their coaches.

LU got screwed recently on scheduling, NC State is choosing to bye out their return game for last year. Porter was on ESPN Radio venting about it around the 1:30 mark: http://www.espn.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=19684298

When will you Loyola fans learn that you are a low-major?

NC State knows you are going to play a weak schedule to inflate your record but have a 200 RPI.

They have nothing to gain playing you, your win against SDSU literally ruined their season.

Also, NCSU just hired a new coach. Give the man a break and let him schedule his own season. He doesn't owe you anything and they would probably have beaten you again.

Do you have anything positive to offer in this board or is your infantile obsession of hating all things Loyola all that your life revolves around?
Lusuperfan1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Blers » June 29th, 2017, 10:10 am

I mean as someone who loves mid major basketball across the Midwest like you claim i figured you'd like a good game against a P5 school in the area. Guess not :'(
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » June 29th, 2017, 10:14 am

Blers wrote:I mean as someone who loves mid major basketball across the Midwest like you claim i figured you'd like a good game against a P5 school in the area. Guess not :'(

Perhaps he doesn't think Loyola plays mid-major basketball. I can understand his confusion.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Lusuperfan1 » June 29th, 2017, 10:28 am

Cdizzle wrote:
Blers wrote:I mean as someone who loves mid major basketball across the Midwest like you claim i figured you'd like a good game against a P5 school in the area. Guess not :'(

Perhaps he doesn't think Loyola plays mid-major basketball. I can understand his confusion.

Come on really? That's your comeback? The superiority of the asshat WSU fans won't be missed on this board. Have fun getting trolled by UConn fans about how much they f'ed up by going from a conference with Villanova, Pitt, Notre Dame, Georgetown, etc. to a Frankenstein conference with the third best public school in tornado alley as its marquee addition. I can't tell you how many Wizard of Oz jokes they'll be making.
Lusuperfan1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » June 29th, 2017, 10:37 am

When one can't refute with facts, one turns to movie references.

So far, fans of AAC members are overwhelmingly supportive of adding a nationally relevant program to their conference. I know the concept is foreign to some around here.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Lusuperfan1 » June 29th, 2017, 10:50 am

Cdizzle wrote:So far, fans of AAC members are overwhelmingly supportive

Good. I'm happy for you. Take your final swings punching down and then go hang out over there. We'll sort our ish out in due time.
Lusuperfan1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Redhawk » June 29th, 2017, 10:54 am

Cdizzle wrote:When one can't refute with facts, one turns to movie references.

So far, fans of AAC members are overwhelmingly supportive of adding a nationally relevant program to their conference. I know the concept is foreign to some around here.

You have an inflated opinion of the national relevance of WSU. Since college football is king the Shockers
are arguably at best the 8th most valuable school in the AAC. Then you also need to factor in that the AAC
is the 7th best basketball conference in the NCAA. The Shockers are a long way from true relevance!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » June 29th, 2017, 11:26 am

Cdizzle wrote:When one can't refute with facts

There's plenty of people who've tried to debate with facts with several (mostly trolling) WSU fans. It's clearly become a waste of time. When faced with objective realities, you don't respond to them and look for a different angle to stir the pot. I mean multiple posters corrected you on how game contracts work and what a buyout actually is and you said nothing, but moved on to another target. It's just lame, and hard to respect.

It makes it so it's not worth anyone's time to put work into a response. There are a group of posters i really like reading from on this board, who i like to go in depth with and read/write long posts. But with constant dismissiveness of any other points and no ammo to back up your most egregious claims, going back and forth with you is pointless (if LU is a low major than half the leagues a low major, which i'm sure you'll have no problem claiming either...without anything to back it up). Shouts out to all the cool Wichita posters who moved on/were cool in general!
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » June 29th, 2017, 11:38 am

Redhawk wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:When one can't refute with facts, one turns to movie references.

You have an inflated opinion of the national relevance of WSU. Since college football is king the Shockers
are arguably at best the 8th most valuable school in the AAC. Then you also need to factor in that the AAC
is the 7th best basketball conference in the NCAA. The Shockers are a long way from true relevance!

Conference's don't make one relevant. Individual programs are relevant. Northern Iowa basketball is nationally relevant. Evansville basketball is not.

Conferences can help or hinder a program's ability to gain national relevance.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball