UNI athletics running deficit despite millions in student $$

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI athletics running deficit despite millions in studen

Postby BEARZ77 » July 11th, 2017, 12:16 pm

bigdawg wrote:
unipanther99 wrote:Folks, we're all in the same boat here. There's no point in trying to guess who's corner of the boat might go under first. Just start bailing water.

This. This. This. Which is the point I made in my original post for those attacking SIU.

Exactly, that's why I defended UNI in my first post. Everybody at our level looses money on athletics and subsidizes by various means like student fees, money transferred from the general fund etc. The % and how many $$$ vary, but all are in the same boat. That's why I often find it curious when we talk about schools needing to fund athletics at higher dollar levels, what we're basically saying is that schools are going to have to convince their presidents and boards at a time when budgets are being cut in many states to divert additional funds to make up the losses in athletics so we can spend even more dollars we really don't have in the first place. At some point it's a system that can't sustain itself because Academic Institutions are not going to continue to divert money needed in other areas to cover losses in sports at the level it's increasing. Can't do it.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: UNI athletics running deficit despite millions in studen

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball