What is your definition of Mid Major?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: What is your definition of Mid Major?

Postby BEARZ77 » July 25th, 2017, 5:08 am

Veritas wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:Your post doesn't even make sense; "High praise" ???? WTF are you even talking about.

I can't really converse with you Bald-Knobber. Swomo's attendance is 1,000 less than UE!
Gracious man... that's really bad,

Wow, such an intelligent comeback. Name calling and attendance at a basketball game are such great compensations for being undereducated and having to try to establish self esteem on a chat board. Now go on back to your mammas basement in Dust Pit USA , grab your GED and tell yourself how you really dazzled all those MVC posters with that wit. I'm in awe.

Oh, and if you're going to try to use such things[ attendance] to try to talk smack , learn to read so that you actually have accurate info. UE home attendance average: 4116/ MSU 4186. Nothing like a WSU education.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEARZ77 » July 25th, 2017, 5:29 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:Well they should be preseason number 1 or 2. They better put 8,000 per night in that building next season.

Not going to happen until we win or Lusk leaves and who knows then. But when we are good, we usually are around 7,500. But I do find it curious that you think we should hit 8,000 on a preseason prediction when ISU went for 5900 in a Championship season. I'm not dissing ISU, I just find your rationale odd.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » July 25th, 2017, 9:24 am

BEARZ77 wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:Well they should be preseason number 1 or 2. They better put 8,000 per night in that building next season.

Not going to happen until we win or Lusk leaves and who knows then. But when we are good, we usually are around 7,500. But I do find it curious that you think we should hit 8,000 on a preseason prediction when ISU went for 5900 in a Championship season. I'm not dissing ISU, I just find your rationale odd.

I find his presence on this board very odd.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » July 25th, 2017, 9:38 am

I generally enjoy his take and certainly we all can differ. I tend to only get combative when unnecessary shots are fired at MSU, erroneous info is floated, or most recently the Wichita Trolls keep trying to inject their presence. But I just found that post perplexing as to it's intent. Our attendance has declined considerably under Lusk, but prior to that we were usually top 3-4 during most of BH's tenure and Zo's last 2 years. But why we would be expected to double our attendance from last year based on a pre season prediction to a level no one else in the Valley is currently approaching was intriguing in the least.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » July 25th, 2017, 10:21 am

I think some of the Wichita faithful are perplexed with the lack of enthusiasm from other than hometown cheer leaders.

I am ready to see Valley basketball start. I think practice begins in a little over 60 days. Will be here before we know it. I have a gut feeling it will be an interesting and exciting year.
Hopefully we can make it to several more away games like VU and Loyola. Be interesting to see how the scheduling works out. I enjoy going to Evansville and they have super friendly fans as does SUI, ISUb, and MSU when we go there. The Ford Center is a great place to see a game. I don't think those that constantly belittle the other teams actually get out much and visit the other places. Easy to get on here and bash.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » July 25th, 2017, 10:24 am

Why are Wichita people still posting on here? How difficult would it be for a moderator (assuming there even is one) to ban them?
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BEARZ77 » July 25th, 2017, 10:49 am

For the most part all the quality WSU posters have moved on; guys like wsu fan, and shock etc. rarely post and it's mostly informational or respectful........ no problem. But then there's the other two types; those who just want to take as many parting shots as possible at all the other Valley programs, and those who were used to being able to dominate threads and use WSU's success as the trump card in all debates. They're both having a hard time with accepting we have zero interest in what they say, and that people have no problem calling their BS these days because it doesn't result in a flood of WSU posters coming to their rescue.

I think the board is moving in a positive direction, and while actual on court competition will lead to some conflict and debate, hopefully we'll remain more supportive of member institutions while still championing our respective programs accomplishments. I always had to laugh at the hypocritical WSU base that always talked about wanting other institutions to succeed and raise the bar, but the minute a program had success all they did was criticize and tear it down. The reality is they liked being the sole Big Fish, were threatened by anyone else getting acclaim, and if you read their board, many have a lot invested in wanting to see the league fail in their absence.

I want to see teams like LOC and Bradley as well as my Bears move up the ladder this year while hoping programs like UNI and ISUr maintain recent levels of success. I want Barry's team to be a pesky pain in the ass all year and Valpo to show they can challenge in their new environment. I'm just so ready for this board to be fun again.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » July 25th, 2017, 11:27 am

BEARZ77 wrote:For the most part all the quality WSU posters have moved on; guys like wsu fan, and shock etc. rarely post and it's mostly informational or respectful........ no problem. But then there's the other two types; those who just want to take as many parting shots as possible at all the other Valley programs, and those who were used to being able to dominate threads and use WSU's success as the trump card in all debates. They're both having a hard time with accepting we have zero interest in what they say, and that people have no problem calling their BS these days because it doesn't result in a flood of WSU posters coming to their rescue.

I think the board is moving in a positive direction, and while actual on court competition will lead to some conflict and debate, hopefully we'll remain more supportive of member institutions while still championing our respective programs accomplishments. I always had to laugh at the hypocritical WSU base that always talked about wanting other institutions to succeed and raise the bar, but the minute a program had success all they did was criticize and tear it down. The reality is they liked being the sole Big Fish, were threatened by anyone else getting acclaim, and if you read their board, many have a lot invested in wanting to see the league fail in their absence.

I want to see teams like LOC and Bradley as well as my Bears move up the ladder this year while hoping programs like UNI and ISUr maintain recent levels of success. I want Barry's team to be a pesky pain in the ass all year and Valpo to show they can challenge in their new environment. I'm just so ready for this board to be fun again.

+10 Excellent post. I know the Aces haven't been a real force in the MVC, but what I do know is that you know you have been a game when you play them, for the most part. This isn't going to be a good year, but I would bet a small sum that they will win some games they aren't supposed to win this year, not many, but a few, and that is what we will have to live with until major changes are made in the program.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » July 25th, 2017, 12:13 pm

We all know Basketball is cyclical except at the very top, and even programs like UCLA and Indiana have had down turns when they've made the wrong hire. What I know about UE is that they were a top 3-4 program in the league in the late 90's and that Evansville is a basketball town if the product gets turned around. UE has been no less competitive than every other team in the league has been at various times. Again nobody gains by tearing down the other Valley schools because it just adds to the negative perception as a whole for the general public. I don't say sugar coat reality, but this need to try to differentiate one's own University as superior to the rest of the league members by constantly slamming each other does nothing to advance the league. If a program does enough to gain an opportunity to advance itself like Tulsa/Creighton/ and now WSU has done, good for them. But I've always been told be gracious on your way up cause you'll meet the same people another time and place.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » July 25th, 2017, 1:11 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:We all know Basketball is cyclical except at the very top, and even programs like UCLA and Indiana have had down turns when they've made the wrong hire. What I know about UE is that they were a top 3-4 program in the league in the late 90's and that Evansville is a basketball town if the product gets turned around. UE has been no less competitive than every other team in the league has been at various times. Again nobody gains by tearing down the other Valley schools because it just adds to the negative perception as a whole for the general public. I don't say sugar coat reality, but this need to try to differentiate one's own University as superior to the rest of the league members by constantly slamming each other does nothing to advance the league. If a program does enough to gain an opportunity to advance itself like Tulsa/Creighton/ and now WSU has done, good for them. But I've always been told be gracious on your way up cause you'll meet the same people another time and place.

I agree Evansville is just in a down time. They've had some decent years. That can be said for any of the teams except drake. Besides 1 year they have been consistently bad for over three decades. Hopefully they hired a coach who will correct that.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball