What is your definition of Mid Major?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: What is your definition of Mid Major?

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » July 17th, 2017, 5:31 pm

That's like saying the mvc doesn't have a final four in the past several years because wichita is now in the AAC. It's still mvc's final four.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AndShock » July 17th, 2017, 5:55 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:That's like saying the mvc doesn't have a final four in the past several years because wichita is now in the AAC. It's still mvc's final four.

Agreed. UConn never changed conferences.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » July 17th, 2017, 6:06 pm

Honestly, who gives a s***.

AAC is the 7th best conference in the country. And this is not the AAC board so who cares.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby IWokeUpLikeThis » July 18th, 2017, 1:00 am

martymoose wrote:I realize the goal of this thread was for everyone to say the AAC basketball sucks and WSU made a lateral move and so on and so forth. I also realize conferences as a whole are labeled as major or mid-major but looking at their success would have a lot to do with those labels I would think...here are the last 10 national champs by conference.

4 - ACC
3 - AAC
1 - SEC
1 - Big 12
1 - Big East

Also factor in the football isn't terrible and a lot of NFL draft picks are coming from the AAC, meaning they'll likely get the same level or better recruits in the future...this bodes well for the conference as a whole. Their TV deals won't be on par with the SEC of course, but they will be getting substantial TV money in the future. Right now, you have the P5, then the AAC, then everyone else (don't care to rank the rest).

Ha ha, claiming Connecticut's and Louisville's titles from the old Big East as part of the American. The thirst. I've officially seen everything.
IWokeUpLikeThis
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby martymoose » July 18th, 2017, 8:47 am

I'm not going to come on here and call you all idiots like you're doing to me without any facts. My numbers are correct and you're welcome to argue with any facts you have... I might be worth mentioning that the American is the legal successor to the Big East Conference and retains its charter. The current Big East Conference purchased the "Big East" name during the 2013 conference breakup.
martymoose
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » July 18th, 2017, 8:54 am

martymoose wrote:I'm not going to come on here and call you all idiots like you're doing to me without any facts. My numbers are correct and you're welcome to argue with any facts you have... I might be worth mentioning that the American is the legal successor to the Big East Conference and retains its charter. The current Big East Conference purchased the "Big East" name during the 2013 conference breakup.

Yet the AAC didn't exist then and the big east did. End of story. Good luck arguing your case in court.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby martymoose » July 18th, 2017, 8:58 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
martymoose wrote:I'm not going to come on here and call you all idiots like you're doing to me without any facts. My numbers are correct and you're welcome to argue with any facts you have... I might be worth mentioning that the American is the legal successor to the Big East Conference and retains its charter. The current Big East Conference purchased the "Big East" name during the 2013 conference breakup.

Yet the AAC didn't exist then and the big east did. End of story. Good luck arguing your case in court.

But it's already been argued in court and the AAC won. :roll: The AAC retained the charter and history of the Big East.

It's pretty simple and not sure why so many of you are so confused...Over the last 100 years conferences have changed names a lot. The Big 12 retains the history of the old Big 8, other major conferences have changed names. After a simple google search maybe this ESPN article will clear up that the AAC is the Big East...The Big East decided to change their name and sell the old name to the Catholic 7. If the Big 10 decides they want to be called the Big 14 and sell their name to the "Big 12" since they only have 10 members, that doesn't mean the history of the 2 conferences switches.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/stor ... conference
martymoose
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Dean Wormer » July 18th, 2017, 9:39 am

Pardon my interruption, I thought I was in the MVC forum. Can you tell me where it is at please? Thanks in advance!
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ACECARD » July 18th, 2017, 9:46 am

Dean Wormer wrote:Pardon my interruption, I thought I was in the MVC forum. Can you tell me where it is at please? Thanks in advance!

It hasn't been an MVC board for some time . It went from Shocker Net II to God knows what now.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CoolArrow » July 18th, 2017, 9:55 am

Call it what you want to call it chief, It is still CUSA 3.0. 7 teams from the CUSA were absorbed in 2013 & 2014. Two others were in it for 10 years. They can keep using their P6 stickers and hashtags claiming power conference status... it will always be a glorified CUSA.
CoolArrow
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball