What is your definition of Mid Major?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: What is your definition of Mid Major?

Postby BEARZ77 » July 25th, 2017, 12:13 pm

We all know Basketball is cyclical except at the very top, and even programs like UCLA and Indiana have had down turns when they've made the wrong hire. What I know about UE is that they were a top 3-4 program in the league in the late 90's and that Evansville is a basketball town if the product gets turned around. UE has been no less competitive than every other team in the league has been at various times. Again nobody gains by tearing down the other Valley schools because it just adds to the negative perception as a whole for the general public. I don't say sugar coat reality, but this need to try to differentiate one's own University as superior to the rest of the league members by constantly slamming each other does nothing to advance the league. If a program does enough to gain an opportunity to advance itself like Tulsa/Creighton/ and now WSU has done, good for them. But I've always been told be gracious on your way up cause you'll meet the same people another time and place.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » July 25th, 2017, 1:11 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:We all know Basketball is cyclical except at the very top, and even programs like UCLA and Indiana have had down turns when they've made the wrong hire. What I know about UE is that they were a top 3-4 program in the league in the late 90's and that Evansville is a basketball town if the product gets turned around. UE has been no less competitive than every other team in the league has been at various times. Again nobody gains by tearing down the other Valley schools because it just adds to the negative perception as a whole for the general public. I don't say sugar coat reality, but this need to try to differentiate one's own University as superior to the rest of the league members by constantly slamming each other does nothing to advance the league. If a program does enough to gain an opportunity to advance itself like Tulsa/Creighton/ and now WSU has done, good for them. But I've always been told be gracious on your way up cause you'll meet the same people another time and place.

I agree Evansville is just in a down time. They've had some decent years. That can be said for any of the teams except drake. Besides 1 year they have been consistently bad for over three decades. Hopefully they hired a coach who will correct that.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball