College Sports Madness Top 144

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby mvcfan » July 17th, 2017, 3:41 pm

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/men ... 4-previews

Here is a preview of the Top 144 basketball teams. It's always fun to see what others think.

I noticed that UNI (#134, ISUR (#142), and MSU(#120) have all appeared on the list with MSU topping the others at this point. Who do you predict will be the top MVC school in this poll? MSU, or will it be Valpo, Loyola, or another Valley school?
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: College Sports Madness Top 144

Postby Svoboda » July 18th, 2017, 11:04 am

I've got MSU in my #1 spot so I don't see anyone else higher.
Sycamore Pride - http://www.sycamorepride.com
MVC News & Social Media Aggregator - https://www.mvctalk.com
Svoboda
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Rambler63 » July 18th, 2017, 11:19 am

On the MSU preview, it says "Conference Rank: #2 Missouri Valley," so there will be another team above Missouri State. My guess is it will be Valpo. There's an outside chance it's Loyola. I could see an argument for either.
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BEARZ77 » July 18th, 2017, 11:57 am

My guess is LOC
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUGrad1314 » July 18th, 2017, 12:29 pm

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but my guess is Loyola as well. They've been getting a lot of love from the media (and for good reason) this offseason and look ready to show that their transition period is over and they are ready to compete. Valpo should have a very talented roster, but they're pretty young and are working in a lot of new faces. Although their recent success against Valley competition indicates that they should be competitive in this conference rather quickly, I still expect some adjustment time especially since playing these teams in conference is quite different from playing them in November or early December. It wouldn't floor me if Valpo finished at or near the top this year, but I can see 4-6th place as a very possible finish for them.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » July 18th, 2017, 2:46 pm

I just don't get the Loyola love. I think they'll be up there but I don't think they'll be number one. I get why msu should be number one but I also get why people question whether they will be. I think SIU is underrated and ready to take a step forward. Valpo, while good, lost their best player and I don't see them truly being a contender. I also think they'll struggle more in a new league. Same for UNI. ILSU always seems to put a good team on the floor since muller has taken over but they have so much turnover it's hard to really know how they'll turn out. Really it's all up to msu. If they play like they should they will run away with it. If not, loyola, SIU, ILSU could all take it. I think Bradley is another year away.

MSU
ILSU
SIU
Loyola (We had Porter Moser as our coach. I don't think he can do it. I've seen it first hand and have no faith in the guy. That's why they're here.)
UNI
Valpo
Bradley
Drake
INSU
Evansville

Really, the first four are interchangable. Then the next three are interchangable. Then 8/9 are interchangable. Sorry, Evansville. You're in the cellar this year.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » July 18th, 2017, 3:46 pm

I like SIU better than most as well; seen Barry do well with similar talent a number of times. I understand LOC though, 3 returning double figure scorers, best recruiting class in conference, decent size. They look similar to MSU in personnel and in ??? about the HC.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUGrad1314 » July 19th, 2017, 3:11 am

Even if some programs are a year or so away (I think Valpo will be much better in 2018-2019 than 2017-2018 for the record ) I think it's undeniable that the majority of the teams in the MVC and the conference as a whole are on an upswing. I think this conference is going to be a meat grinder with the teams constantly beating each other up. Whoever wins this conference will have earned it!I can't wait for Valpo to be a part of it!
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » July 19th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:I just don't get the Loyola love. I think they'll be up there but I don't think they'll be number one. I get why msu should be number one but I also get why people question whether they will be. I think SIU is underrated and ready to take a step forward. Valpo, while good, lost their best player and I don't see them truly being a contender. I also think they'll struggle more in a new league. Same for UNI. ILSU always seems to put a good team on the floor since muller has taken over but they have so much turnover it's hard to really know how they'll turn out. Really it's all up to msu. If they play like they should they will run away with it. If not, loyola, SIU, ILSU could all take it. I think Bradley is another year away.

MSU
ILSU
SIU
Loyola (We had Porter Moser as our coach. I don't think he can do it. I've seen it first hand and have no faith in the guy. That's why they're here.)
UNI
Valpo
Bradley
Drake
INSU
Evansville

Really, the first four are interchangable. Then the next three are interchangable. Then 8/9 are interchangable. Sorry, Evansville. You're in the cellar this year.

Completely agree here!!!!!!

Loyola might be the most overhyped team in the history of the league. This is a team that lost to Drake with an interim coach just a few weeks into the job, and also lost to Evansville, should have been twice to the Aces. And oh yeah these clowns lost to Southern three times last year, THREE TIMES, the hat trick.

Missouri State by far and away the favorites. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Lusuperfan1 » July 19th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Make MVC Great Again wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:I just don't get the Loyola love. I think they'll be up there but I don't think they'll be number one. I get why msu should be number one but I also get why people question whether they will be. I think SIU is underrated and ready to take a step forward. Valpo, while good, lost their best player and I don't see them truly being a contender. I also think they'll struggle more in a new league. Same for UNI. ILSU always seems to put a good team on the floor since muller has taken over but they have so much turnover it's hard to really know how they'll turn out. Really it's all up to msu. If they play like they should they will run away with it. If not, loyola, SIU, ILSU could all take it. I think Bradley is another year away.

MSU
ILSU
SIU
UNI
Valpo
Bradley
Drake
INSU
Evansville

Completely agree here!!!!!!

Loyola might be the most overhyped team in the history of the league. This is a team that lost to Drake with an interim coach just a few weeks into the job, and also lost to Evansville, should have been twice to the Aces. And oh yeah these clowns lost to Southern three times last year, THREE TIMES, the hat trick.

Missouri State by far and away the favorites. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Welcome back troll! We missed you. At least we're apparently moving up your predictions all the way to number 4! :D :Yea!:
Lusuperfan1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball