If we go to 12 who do you want (choose 2) poll?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Choose 2 (you may change your vote later)

Murray State
47%
Oral Roberts
8%
Northern Kentucky
21%
North Dakota State
4%
South Dakota State
4%
South Dakota
3%
Other (please comment)
13%

Total votes : 159

Re: If we go to 12 who do you want (choose 2) poll?

Postby VUGrad1314 » January 4th, 2018, 6:43 pm

Nor UIC UMKC or Oral Roberts. Getting those off the list is good.

SEMO and Denver are barftacular. SDSU GCU Oakland and UT-Arlington just don't make sense without another team The article spoke about Murray State as though they were a frontrunner. If they wanted Milwaukee they could have just taken them. This is between Belmont and Northern Kentucky. I take this article as a sign that Belmont may be coming around or that they are beginning to take NKU seriously, Either outcome is brilliant for the MVC.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheAsianSensation » January 4th, 2018, 7:48 pm

Hard pass on anyone in the Southland. Tinier budges, horrible SoSs. I don't think anyone, even SFA, would survive a step up in class like that.

UTA would make sense if it wasn't for geography. I always though a UALR/UTA package deal wasn't the worst idea in the world, but UALR isn't peaking very well and UTA.....they've been a trendy mid-major for a few years now but haven't been able to keep sustained success going.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 4th, 2018, 8:37 pm

Also notable that South Dakota St is listed but North Dakota St isn’t.

Hard time seeing the Jackrabbits giving up the Sioux Falls tourney, but is Murray+South Dakota St on the table? I’d be fine with that.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bufan741777 » January 4th, 2018, 8:40 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Also notable that South Dakota St is listed but North Dakota St isn’t.

Hard time seeing the Jackrabbits giving up the Sioux Falls tourney, but is Murray+South Dakota St on the table? I’d be fine with that.

I think it would be very tough due to the tournament being there and they have 3 Dakota teams in the conference. I think they should leave but their proximity to important games will probably be to much for them to pull the trigger.
bufan741777
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby VUGrad1314 » January 4th, 2018, 11:23 pm

I'll believe the notion that the MVC is considering the membership of far-flung teams accessible by airports or just one Dakota school when GCU UT-Arlington or SDSU join the conference Until then I'm going to assume that geography matters as much as academics and basketball and that this is a four horse race between Murray State (the frontrunner) Belmont Northern Kentucky and Milwaukee. If they really wanted Milwaukee we'd be at 12 already. This is all a ploy to shake Belmont loose (hence the reason public private split wasn't mentioned. They are perfectly content as they should be to take Northern Kentucky as #12 and call it a day. They just want to give Belmont one final chance to come to their senses. Frankly they should take site visits to both if it gets to that point and if you like NKU too and both are interested take a 14th team (Milwaukee or UIC). At that point it really wouldn't matter who you add as long as it makes geographic sense. I'd probably go for the new market although UIC would be a boon to everything but hoops and might mean even greater broadcast presence in Chicago.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » January 5th, 2018, 8:38 am

I have assumed for a year it would end up being Murray State and NKU but I'm glad there will at least be conversation regarding Grand Canyon. They are doing their due diligence.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUGrad1314 » January 5th, 2018, 8:44 am

Right. And due diligence is all that is. I'm sure of it. NKU is a heck of a consolation prize though. Think of them as the GCU of the midwest.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » January 5th, 2018, 8:52 am

We're not taking GCU. There's no way the university presidents are going to sign off on a for profit, religious based, commuter, diploma mill on the edge of nowhere. There's a reason they are in the WAC and will continue to be in the WAC unless somebody like the Big West wants to deal with them...

They do a pregame hymn and prayer ffs. That isn't going to fly.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » January 5th, 2018, 11:51 am

http://www.sports360az.com/2017/03/zags ... ing-giant/

Words from Gonzaga's coach Mark Few regarding GCU.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RacerJoeD » January 5th, 2018, 2:53 pm

"For Profit" education is a political football. I wouldn't want to attach myself to that.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball