NCAA Tourney Bracket Predictions

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NCAA Tourney Bracket Predictions

Postby VUGrad1314 » August 20th, 2017, 7:58 am

Early reports seem to like them as a 1 or 2 seed. which is weird because Memphis and UCONN are down, SMU has lost a lot of talent, and that conference still has some serious bottom feeders like South Florida Tulane and East Carolina. Does playing Cincinnati Houston and UCF really mean that much more? Yes, it's better but is that really the difference between a 10 seed and a 1-2? If so that is very insulting to the Valley and the remaining members need to band together to ensure that the committee no longer has any grounds to slight this conference.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheAsianSensation » August 20th, 2017, 12:03 pm

The AAC has had legitimate seeding troubles every year. We'll see how the addition of 2 signature win chances to everyone's schedule will impact things, but it'll take one heck of a run to get to the top 2 lines for Wichita.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Aargh » August 21st, 2017, 2:09 pm

All we've got to go from for predicting top-100 teams right now is the Top 144 that's being run down over the summer. I'm not claiming any accuracy for that, but it's the best indicator available right now.

The AAC is projected to have 8 top-100 teams. The report has gotten to #81, so there will be 7 AAC teams projected to be top 80. Top 100 wins were what burned WSU last year. Does the Valley have any projected top 100 teams?

I think the projections there for the Valley are bad. They don't have MSU winning from what I recall. I think Johnson can carry the Bears to a regular season championship regardless of Lusk's coaching.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball