NCAA Tourney Bracket Predictions

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Aargh » July 28th, 2017, 9:37 pm

Jerry Palm gives Illinois State the MVC's bid and gives them a 9 seed.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2017/07/michigan_basketball_could_face.html
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NCAA Tourney Bracket Predictions

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » July 28th, 2017, 10:34 pm

MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rambler63 » July 29th, 2017, 1:34 am

This is pretty much crap. The MVC and the Mountain West are both one bid conferences, only the MVC has their only bid as a 9 seed while the MWC has San Diego State as an 11? ISU would have to go 29-3 and win the MVC tournament to get a 9 seed with their schedule.

But that's a moot point, isn't it? Because Illinois State is probably going to be a third place team or worse in the MVC next year, since they only have one starter returning.
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » July 29th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Rambler63 wrote:This is pretty much crap. The MVC and the Mountain West are both one bid conferences, only the MVC has their only bid as a 9 seed while the MWC has San Diego State as an 11? ISU would have to go 29-3 and win the MVC tournament to get a 9 seed with their schedule.

But that's a moot point, isn't it? Because Illinois State is probably going to be a third place team or worse in the MVC next year, since they only have one starter returning.

Palm has no love for ISU or any other mid major. Surprised he has them at in the tourney let alone 9. I would expect he would rank any MVC team 14.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » July 31st, 2017, 11:14 am

Rambler63 wrote:This is pretty much crap. The MVC and the Mountain West are both one bid conferences, only the MVC has their only bid as a 9 seed while the MWC has San Diego State as an 11? ISU would have to go 29-3 and win the MVC tournament to get a 9 seed with their schedule.

So pre-season projections are ok when Loyola is favored but not when any other school is favored?

Clowns.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Blers » July 31st, 2017, 12:55 pm

....i think the post was more in response to the slapdash nature of the article specifically in reference to the MVC and MWC and how it doesn't make much sense logistically. But sure. Welcome back!

Though for what it's worth i'd be hesitant to write off Muller sneaking up and taking the bid this year if the team puts it together after non-con.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby VUGrad1314 » July 31st, 2017, 1:34 pm

Illinois State's nonconference schedule is at-large quality.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » July 31st, 2017, 2:11 pm

If Muller can grab a bid this year I will be thoroughly impressed, even if it just by pulling off a run in St. Louis. I've never been impressed by him as a coach but it will be impossible to deny him praise in that scenario. On the other end of the spectrum, if Lusk can't grab a bid this year, it will be hard for SWOMO's prez and AD to come up with many more excuses. I have to admit I'll be cheering for SWOMO and SIU this year. I've always liked Valpo but I can't really see myself rooting for the new kid (I'm aware of the irony.)
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » August 1st, 2017, 9:30 am

VUGrad1314 wrote:Illinois State's nonconference schedule is at-large quality.

Illinois State's roster is not.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » August 1st, 2017, 10:55 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
VUGrad1314 wrote:Illinois State's nonconference schedule is at-large quality.

Illinois State's roster is not.

To be decided, too early to tell
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball