MSU's Johnson invited to Adidas Camp

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby BEARZ77 » July 29th, 2017, 7:05 am

Alize Johnson has been invited to the Adidas Global Nations Basketball Experience in Houston Texas, August 3-7. The camp is regarded as one of the premier camps for college prospects to be evaluated by NBA scouts and personnel prior to the coming season.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MSU's Johnson invited to Adidas Camp

Postby Aargh » July 30th, 2017, 5:28 pm

Not surprised. Johnson is a STUD!
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » July 31st, 2017, 10:21 am

Early reports are that Alize is a little bigger and stronger heading into his senior year. And also that he looks supremely confident in his game.

He should be primed for a great year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » July 31st, 2017, 11:12 am

Alize is better than Seth Tuttle. Did I just say that? Yes, I did.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Blers » July 31st, 2017, 12:47 pm

At this point there's really no question that he's the best player in the league, I feel like there could be debate for number 2, but Alize has to be the top player in the league by a decent margin.

MSU fans know more about his game than i do, and obviously it's early, but what are your thoughts on his pro-ceiling? Do you think he gets drafted?
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby RacerJoeD » July 31st, 2017, 1:32 pm

Murray State was one of the teams recruiting the young man heavily prior to his commitment to MoSt. When asked about his game, one person in the know answered "he is a more offensively skilled Kenneth Faried". Johnson, while a bit thinner than Faried at this point (but not by much), I think projects well at the next level. I could see him as a late 1st rounder, with a chance for a mid 1st reach, assuming no major injuries and no major regression this season. A run to the NCAAs for MoSt would help that immensely.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » August 1st, 2017, 10:49 am

He'll play professionally somewhere. I think he's got a decent shot at the nba. Cle Early was drafted a few years ago and made an nba roster. No offense to him but IMO Alize is better . Early was helped by playing on a great shocker team that advanced in the tournament. Hopefully we can have a great season that will showcase Alize's abilities this year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RacerJoeD » August 1st, 2017, 11:20 am

A lot of politics go into opportunities at the NBA level. Just something to keep in mind. The difference between a guy from 7-12 on a roster and playing as a star in Europe and China is small.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » August 1st, 2017, 9:37 pm

Make MVC Great Again wrote:Alize is better than Seth Tuttle. Did I just say that? Yes, I did.

I have no doubt about this statement.

As to NBA prospects - that's a good question.

Early was an early second round pick, and he had some really good games against really good competition in the NCAA tourney. I don't know if Johnson is going to have that opportunity to show his talents. The NBA guys are pretty good at spotting talent and I'm confident Johnson will have ample opportunities to be seen during and after the season.

At 6'9", 201, he can't play PF in the NBA. He'd have to be able to play SF. He's even light for that position. Being a tweener has been Early's problem. Not rugged enough to play PF, and doesn't have the NBA level of skill to play SF.

I think Johnson will get some serious looks - especially if NBA guys think he can add 20 or 30 pounds and play SF. D-League is a likely American destination after college, and that's not a great gig. Euro pays WAY better.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » August 2nd, 2017, 5:09 pm

The thing about Alize is he's so raw and undeveloped. Lusk won't do anything to change that either. If a team wants potential he's a pick. If they want to see more polish, he's in Europe.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball