Arch Madness to stay at Scottrade through 2020

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Arch Madness to stay at Scottrade through 2020

Postby uniguy » August 23rd, 2017, 5:28 pm

I may be the minority here but I am surprised at how excited everyone here is about this. I have been going to Arch Madness for 14 years, and I think the tournament has gotten a little blah, as has the town. I wouldn't mind seeing a new area get a shot at hosting this thing.
uniguy
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AndShock » August 23rd, 2017, 8:35 pm

uniguy wrote:I may be the minority here but I am surprised at how excited everyone here is about this. I have been going to Arch Madness for 14 years, and I think the tournament has gotten a little blah, as has the town. I wouldn't mind seeing a new area get a shot at hosting this thing.

I hated St. Louis. Still do. I don't even know why I kept going year after year just to watch my team lose. Indy for the NCAA tournament was great. Absolutely loved that trip and that city. If Wichita State was still in the conference, I would push for that city hard over the Lou, even with the increase in distance. Everyone knows Elgin isn't ever changing it so it's all a moot point.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bbtds » October 6th, 2017, 12:17 pm

Ali wrote:No idea how many valpo fans make the trip, but it seems like a safe assumption to say overall attendance will drop this year.

The funny thing is that besides Chicago, St Louis is one of Valpo's strongest alumni bases. Mainly because the Lutheran Church headquarters are in St Louis. Valpo always had the most fans at Horizon League events that were in Chicago. Ask UIC who started to play games with attendance by packing the Pavilion with elementary school kids because the Valpo crowds were so large. When Butler was in the Horizon they had the bigger crowds in Indy at Hinkle Fieldhouse by far but there were always 400-500 Valpo fans there. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the loyalty and enthusiasm of Valpo fans in St Louis in March.
bbtds
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » October 6th, 2017, 12:24 pm

bbtds wrote:
Ali wrote:No idea how many valpo fans make the trip, but it seems like a safe assumption to say overall attendance will drop this year.

The funny thing is that besides Chicago, St Louis is one of Valpo's strongest alumni bases. Mainly because the Lutheran Church headquarters are in St Louis. Valpo always had the most fans at Horizon League events that were in Chicago. Ask UIC who started to play games with attendance by packing the Pavilion with elementary school kids because the Valpo crowds were so large. When Butler was in the Horizon they had the bigger crowds in Indy at Hinkle Fieldhouse by far but there were always 400-500 Valpo fans there. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the loyalty and enthusiasm of Valpo fans in St Louis in March.

I'm glad they're staying in St. Louis. Chicago is just too big. You can walk everywhere in downtown St. Louis. One end to the other, no problem. It's convenient. St. Louis is like a big, small city. Everybody is together and not spread all over hell.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball