Early MVC Predictions

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Early MVC Predictions

Postby AndShock » October 30th, 2017, 3:46 pm

I feel like I could fill this out any other day and the predictions would come up different every time.

1. Loyola
2. UNI
3. ISUr
4. Missouri State
5. Bradley
6. Valpo
7. SIU
8. Drake
9. ISUb
10. Evansville
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BradleyFan71 » October 30th, 2017, 7:47 pm

Redbirds4Life wrote:1. Northern Iowa - I like the returners on this roster, probably the best coach in the league. 13-5

2. Missouri State - AJ is a beast, but maybe it's just me but I think this team just feels like when the Birds had Osiris, is he enough to get this team over the hump with a below average coach, I say no. - 12-6

3. Illinois State - If the Birds have a good year, then we can say Dirty Dan is a good coach. I am still not convinced, even though I want to be. Lost a ton, but still enough there to hang around and be a tough team. 11-7

4. Southern Illinois - Is 4th enough for Barry to keep his job? 10-8

5. Bradley - I would love to pick them higher, but I think they have a good coach and are on the way back up. Team got better throughout the year, not as many wins, but still were generally competitive. 10-8

6. Loyola - Am I the only one who doesn't think this team is that good? Not as if they were that good last year in a down league. I can't believe that Porter will know what to do with that recruiting class either. I guess this is where I am going out on a limb. Ingram is a stud, and maybe I have them low, but I think that SIU and Bradley are just better. 9-9

7. Drake - 6-12 - Drake will win 2 games they shouldn't, other than that, same old Drake

8. Valpo - 6-12 - No clue about Valpo, usually a good program, but I am guessing this is a year to get acclimated

9. Evan - 4-14, bye bye Fat Marty

10. ISUb - 4-14, poor Brenton Scott

You may want to rethink the math here.
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » October 30th, 2017, 11:52 pm

He doesn't realize for every win their is a loss. So, the outcome must be 90-90. Right now he has 85 wins which is impossible unless games get cancelled..
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirds4Life » October 31st, 2017, 2:44 pm

BradleyFan71 wrote:
Redbirds4Life wrote:1. Northern Iowa - I like the returners on this roster, probably the best coach in the league. 13-5

2. Missouri State - AJ is a beast, but maybe it's just me but I think this team just feels like when the Birds had Osiris, is he enough to get this team over the hump with a below average coach, I say no. - 12-6

3. Illinois State - If the Birds have a good year, then we can say Dirty Dan is a good coach. I am still not convinced, even though I want to be. Lost a ton, but still enough there to hang around and be a tough team. 11-7

4. Southern Illinois - Is 4th enough for Barry to keep his job? 10-8

5. Bradley - I would love to pick them higher, but I think they have a good coach and are on the way back up. Team got better throughout the year, not as many wins, but still were generally competitive. 10-8

6. Loyola - Am I the only one who doesn't think this team is that good? Not as if they were that good last year in a down league. I can't believe that Porter will know what to do with that recruiting class either. I guess this is where I am going out on a limb. Ingram is a stud, and maybe I have them low, but I think that SIU and Bradley are just better. 9-9

7. Drake - 6-12 - Drake will win 2 games they shouldn't, other than that, same old Drake

8. Valpo - 6-12 - No clue about Valpo, usually a good program, but I am guessing this is a year to get acclimated

9. Evan - 4-14, bye bye Fat Marty

10. ISUb - 4-14, poor Brenton Scott

You may want to rethink the math here.

Good Call, but you get the idea
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » October 31st, 2017, 7:59 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:He doesn't realize for every win their is a loss. So, the outcome must be 90-90. Right now he has 85 wins which is impossible unless games get cancelled..

And, even if games got cancelled, there would not be 95 losses like he predicted. :Cheers:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Redbirds4Life » November 1st, 2017, 7:31 am

DUBulldog wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:He doesn't realize for every win their is a loss. So, the outcome must be 90-90. Right now he has 85 wins which is impossible unless games get cancelled..

And, even if games got cancelled, there would not be 95 losses like he predicted. :Cheers:

Never know, Doug Elgin could do some wacky things....
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby chitown fanatic » November 1st, 2017, 9:21 am

Based on latest developments...ISU Red now more than likely to play-in this year. Love it. After seven years in the abyss, nothing would make me happier than switching places with Muller....please make it so
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » November 1st, 2017, 11:22 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:

Never know, Doug Elgin could do some wacky things....

In his defense we can probably just count all Drake, isub, and evansville wins as losses...
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » November 6th, 2017, 9:44 pm

This is such guesswork at this point, but her is my shot;

1) Loyola-with MSU top talent in the league
2) MSU- as above. Not sure who has the better coach, although I think Moser is getting better.
3) ISU RED- Lot's of new talent.
4) SIU- seems like a pretty solid team and Barry can coach some.
5) Bradley- Braves return everyone, gotta think they move up.
6) Drake- New coach who knows what he is doing. A bunch of upperclassmen.
7) Valpo- seem solid, could see them moving up. some nice players.
8) UNI-I'm so puzzled by the first and second place predictions.
9) ISU BLUE- They seem very excited about heir new players.
10) Evansville- doesn't seem like they are going to be too enthused this year.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby VUFWAlum » November 6th, 2017, 10:03 pm

Vegas Stats & Information Network's Missouri Valley Conference Prediction:
1. Valparaiso
2. Missouri State
3. Northern Iowa
4. Illinois State
5. Loyola Chicago
6. Southern Illinois
7. Indiana State
8. Bradley
9. Evansville
10. Drake
https://www.vsin.com/missouri-valley-topped-by-newcomer-valparaiso-missouri-state/
VUFWAlum
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball