Early MVC Predictions

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Early MVC Predictions

Postby Mikovio » November 9th, 2017, 12:12 pm

BradleyFan71 wrote:
Mikovio wrote:If Wardle drops from 6th to 9th in the standings after returning everybody of consequence, adding Childs and replacing Wichita on the schedule with Valpo, that means we're definitely cursed and instead of frisbee dog halftime shows we need witchdoctors to dance for us and replace t shirt cannons with super soaker toting priests spraying the crowd with holy water.

Especially if MSU goes from 6th to 2nd.

Well that makes sense because then we're talking about the great Paul Lusk.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Old School MVC » November 9th, 2017, 6:33 pm

I love this time of year! Everyone (but Evansville) is full of hope and thinking this could be their year. Hopefully we can all have a good opening weekend and get the Valley off to a good start. My concern though is a lot of teams are starting off down quite a few players (ISUr and SIU most notable). Good luck to everyone these next couple weeks, and hopefully we are all as good as we dream right now! Nothing would be more fun than to have the MVC back with a lot of top level teams. But as most of us fear, with the Shokers gone, so does a lot of our attention. Let's make it happen in November and bring that attention back!!!!!
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » November 10th, 2017, 8:10 am

Old School MVC wrote:I love this time of year! Everyone (but Evansville) is full of hope and thinking this could be their year. Hopefully we can all have a good opening weekend and get the Valley off to a good start. My concern though is a lot of teams are starting off down quite a few players (ISUr and SIU most notable). Good luck to everyone these next couple weeks, and hopefully we are all as good as we dream right now! Nothing would be more fun than to have the MVC back with a lot of top level teams. But as most of us fear, with the Shokers gone, so does a lot of our attention. Let's make it happen in November and bring that attention back!!!!!

:+1:
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2018, 8:46 pm

VUFWAlum wrote:Vegas Stats & Information Network's Missouri Valley Conference Prediction:
1. Valparaiso
2. Missouri State
3. Northern Iowa
4. Illinois State
5. Loyola Chicago
6. Southern Illinois
7. Indiana State
8. Bradley
9. Evansville
10. Drake
https://www.vsin.com/missouri-valley-topped-by-newcomer-valparaiso-missouri-state/

Speaking of AWFUL predictions...the top 3 on this list will finish 10th, 6 or 7th and 8th or 9th respectively.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » February 23rd, 2018, 9:12 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Drakey wrote:This is such guesswork at this point, but her is my shot;

1) Loyola-with MSU top talent in the league
2) MSU- as above. Not sure who has the better coach, although I think Moser is getting better.
3) ISU RED- Lot's of new talent.
4) SIU- seems like a pretty solid team and Barry can coach some.
5) Bradley- Braves return everyone, gotta think they move up.
6) Drake- New coach who knows what he is doing. A bunch of upperclassmen.
7) Valpo- seem solid, could see them moving up. some nice players.
8) UNI-I'm so puzzled by the first and second place predictions.
9) ISU BLUE- They seem very excited about heir new players.
10) Evansville- doesn't seem like they are going to be too enthused this year.

Doesn't understand why team that hasn't finished in the bottom half in 14 years is picked towards the top of the league. Picks team that Thursday night is named after with a new coach and no talent for 6th. Sound reasoning.

Reasoning wasn't THAT bad.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 25th, 2018, 8:08 pm

martymoose wrote:CBS TV Schedule:

Sun 3/4/2018 11:00 A.M. - American - Cincinnati vs Wichita State - Wichita, KS - Charles Koch Arena

Sun 3/4/2018 1:00 P.M. - Missouri Valley Conference Men's Basketball Championship - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center

TV Schedule:

Sat 3/31/2018 6:09 P.M. - NCAA Final Four - Loyola Chicago vs Michigan - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome

Sat 3/31/2018 8:49 P.M. - NCAA Final Four - Kansas vs Villanova - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome

MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 5th, 2018, 8:26 am

valleyclimber wrote:Man, I'm not seeing with LUC being a top 2 team in the Valley. If that's right, then the MVC is going to be downright awful this season. :|

Wanted to check out last year's "early MVC Predictions" thread and came across this one very early.

I like you valleyclimber, but this is just funny now!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheDrake » April 5th, 2018, 9:41 am

Drakey wrote:
BCPanther wrote:
Drakey wrote:This is such guesswork at this point, but her is my shot;

1) Loyola-with MSU top talent in the league
2) MSU- as above. Not sure who has the better coach, although I think Moser is getting better.
3) ISU RED- Lot's of new talent.
4) SIU- seems like a pretty solid team and Barry can coach some.
5) Bradley- Braves return everyone, gotta think they move up.
6) Drake- New coach who knows what he is doing. A bunch of upperclassmen.
7) Valpo- seem solid, could see them moving up. some nice players.
8) UNI-I'm so puzzled by the first and second place predictions.
9) ISU BLUE- They seem very excited about heir new players.
10) Evansville- doesn't seem like they are going to be too enthused this year.

Doesn't understand why team that hasn't finished in the bottom half in 14 years is picked towards the top of the league. Picks team that Thursday night is named after with a new coach and no talent for 6th. Sound reasoning.

Reasoning wasn't THAT bad.

:+1:
TheDrake
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby valleyclimber » April 5th, 2018, 5:05 pm

In my defense of my LUC prediction for last season....clearly misunderstood the value of Krutwig, and also by all accounts most of the MVC teams overachieved. Two positive things for the Valley, so I'm A OK with both of those things happening.

I'm ecstatic that LUC had an incredible season, but in my prediction, I was going off of LUC's 18-15 prior season, and I did not realize the impact of Krutwig...my bad. Sorry, just had to explain my prediction lunacy. :)

Anyhow, am very excited about how this next MVC season might be just plain amazing....very cool 8-)

Alright, ROCK IT VALLEY!! :dance:
valleyclimber
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby underdawg » April 5th, 2018, 6:29 pm

Eh, I think there will be a LOT of surprises in 2018-19. Loyola is NOT a sure bet to run away with the title
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball