Early MVC Predictions

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Early MVC Predictions

Postby jackwagon » October 12th, 2017, 4:15 pm

I'll be here. Hope you all are this talkative when it goes down hill. Clarence is still in a boot no? That's not good for a true freshman who needs the reps. And no Copeland was your biggest impact player coming in. Yarborough should be a big help, not sold on a returning roster that has 1 proven player.
jackwagon
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby All-MVC Fan » October 12th, 2017, 5:09 pm

One thing I’ve learned from watching the MVC for so long is that experience does matter. It’s been rare over the years for a team with mostly new players to make any noise in this league. Our schools aren’t getting the “one and done” players who can win all by themselves. History says that if your team has had a roster’s worth of turnover, you’re not going to have a good season. History isn’t necessarily a good predictor of future performance, but in the MVC, it’s right A LOT more than it’s wrong.

Don’t take it personally. If your team is mostly new players, you’re likely a year away.
All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Stickboy46 » October 14th, 2017, 9:20 am

jackwagon wrote:I'll be here. Hope you all are this talkative when it goes down hill. Clarence is still in a boot no? That's not good for a true freshman who needs the reps. And no Copeland was your biggest impact player coming in. Yarborough should be a big help, not sold on a returning roster that has 1 proven player.

Is there any potential impact from Yarborough's legal troubles. I think I saw he missed his court date for the theft thing?
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball