Official 2017-18 MVCfans.com Prediction - 7th Place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will finish in 7th place during the 2017-18 MVC men's basketball season?

Poll ended at October 8th, 2017, 5:08 am

Bradley
44%
Illinois State
11%
Loyola
2%
Missouri State
2%
Northern Iowa
5%
Southern Illinois
17%
Valparaiso
20%

Total votes : 64

Re: Official 2017-18 MVCfans.com Prediction - 7th Place

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » October 6th, 2017, 9:03 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
mvfcfan wrote:Valparaiso is actually a compete right away add, which is why we went after them. At the very least I'm expecting top 3 from the Crusaders.

I don't agree with this at all. You lost your best player. Moving to a tougher conference. And, recruits aren't a sure thing. You hope they're good but we have no idea. Loyola, MSU, and Southern all have good teams coming back. ISU and UNI are in the midst of things every year despite whatever they may go though because they have great coaching. Maybe they aren't top tier but they're not going to be near the bottom, either. Bradley showed some promise last season but they were so far away I think its still another year, but who knows. That's why I have Valpo finishing in a fight for 6th or 7th. I could see as high as fourth. But, winning the conference? You're just being a homer.

A guy whose handle is mvfcfan and just said "that's why we [MVC] went after them" is a Valpo fan and homer...are you for real?
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ptownbraves » October 6th, 2017, 9:04 am

Bradley tied for 6th last year and they lost no one, so I don't see them regressing with Wardle at the helm in a non-Wichita State league.

I voted Valpo since they are the new kids in town, but I think they will be hungry to prove themselves and could finish higher than this.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby chitown fanatic » October 6th, 2017, 9:11 am

ptownbraves wrote:Bradley tied for 6th last year and they lost no one, so I don't see them regressing with Wardle at the helm in a non-Wichita State league.

I voted Valpo since they are the new kids in town, but I think they will be hungry to prove themselves and could finish higher than this.

This. No doubt in my mind this is the year we leave the abyss for good. Valpo is my vote here but I could see barry in this spot too.
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby LanceShock » October 6th, 2017, 9:37 am

I would agree that what I saw of Bradley last year is a program on its way up.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Tom Servo » October 6th, 2017, 10:19 am

SIU...I just don't see them finishing any higher than this.
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » October 6th, 2017, 10:22 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
mvfcfan wrote:Valparaiso is actually a compete right away add, which is why we went after them. At the very least I'm expecting top 3 from the Crusaders.

I don't agree with this at all. You lost your best player. Moving to a tougher conference. And, recruits aren't a sure thing. You hope they're good but we have no idea. Loyola, MSU, and Southern all have good teams coming back. ISU and UNI are in the midst of things every year despite whatever they may go though because they have great coaching. Maybe they aren't top tier but they're not going to be near the bottom, either. Bradley showed some promise last season but they were so far away I think its still another year, but who knows. That's why I have Valpo finishing in a fight for 6th or 7th. I could see as high as fourth. But, winning the conference? You're just being a homer.

A guy whose handle is mvfcfan and just said "that's why we [MVC] went after them" is a Valpo fan and homer...are you for real?

He's still trying to figure out the difference between ISUb and ISUr :Beer:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » October 6th, 2017, 10:29 am

LOL, yes, I read the ISU thing wrong. But, touché.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tdawgs87 » October 6th, 2017, 10:41 am

Although, I am not a big fan of Barry Hinson, I believe that this will be his best team at SIU. The Valley is a guard league and SIU will have their best group of guards since Barry has been here. SIU finished dead last in shooting the three last year and dead last in defending the three last year and still finished tied for 3rd. We will miss the presence of Sean O'brien but other than that we will be much improved. Our guards definitely fit better with what Hinson wants to do.
tdawgs87
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » October 6th, 2017, 11:08 am

tdawgs87 wrote:Although, I am not a big fan of Barry Hinson, I believe that this will be his best team at SIU. The Valley is a guard league and SIU will have their best group of guards since Barry has been here. SIU finished dead last in shooting the three last year and dead last in defending the three last year and still finished tied for 3rd. We will miss the presence of Sean O'brien but other than that we will be much improved. Our guards definitely fit better with what Hinson wants to do.

I'm super high on them. I could see them being first.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tdawgs87 » October 6th, 2017, 11:35 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
tdawgs87 wrote:Although, I am not a big fan of Barry Hinson, I believe that this will be his best team at SIU. The Valley is a guard league and SIU will have their best group of guards since Barry has been here. SIU finished dead last in shooting the three last year and dead last in defending the three last year and still finished tied for 3rd. We will miss the presence of Sean O'brien but other than that we will be much improved. Our guards definitely fit better with what Hinson wants to do.

I'm super high on them. I could see them being first.

I didn't even mention the fact that we signed a legitimate 6'10 juco that has a huge upside in Kavion Pippen. I can't see us finishing lower than we did last year especially with Wichita leaving and Illinois State losing a ton of talent. I really think SIU has a chance to be really good this season. :D
tdawgs87
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball