Best MVC Coach

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Best MVC Coach

Postby glm38 » October 11th, 2017, 7:20 pm

Old School MVC wrote:Which game was it last year that Lusk had forgotten that Johnson was on his bench at the end of a game? I remember reading about it on here, but too lazy to look up which game it was.

I don't remember who we were playing that game? But it definitely happened. I was there. And Lusk admitted post game he forgot about Alize in the 2nd half. Close game and he never put his beat player back in. Unbelievable.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby LanceShock » October 11th, 2017, 8:32 pm

glm38 wrote:
Old School MVC wrote:Which game was it last year that Lusk had forgotten that Johnson was on his bench at the end of a game? I remember reading about it on here, but too lazy to look up which game it was.

I don't remember who we were playing that game? But it definitely happened. I was there. And Lusk admitted post game he forgot about Alize in the 2nd half. Close game and he never put his beat player back in. Unbelievable.

Hard to believe you would forget about him being there unless there were some unique circumstances. I remember after Griskenas had his knee injury and second surgery (his first before he got to WSU), he ended up having to ride a stationary bike to keep his knee loose. Because he wasn't on the bench, but off to the side, Marshall would forget about him being there.

Of course, Griskenas was no Alize Johnson. I would think that you would go looking for Johnson if you didn't see him . . .
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » October 12th, 2017, 9:58 am

glm38 wrote:

Was that not the Redbirds game in Normal?
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bradleyfan1 » October 17th, 2017, 7:39 am

#Wardles year to prove himself. He will. He gets my vote.
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » October 17th, 2017, 10:26 am

Muller. End of conversation. Period. Mic drop. Walks out.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby underdawg » October 18th, 2017, 12:12 pm

http://www.siusalukis.com/news/2017/10/ ... ath=mbball

Media day comments by SIU's Hinson --if anyone is interested
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MSUDuo » October 19th, 2017, 8:37 am

The first DePaul game...the one where we blew a 13 point lead with just single digit minutes to go...he played a whopping 7 minutes in the second half and just 10 total.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Old School MVC » March 8th, 2018, 2:19 pm

I got thinking about this discussion from earlier and thought it might be a fun read going back to a topic again since Lusk is a main talk now. I wonder if many would rank their coaches the same way now as they did earlier in the year. I am sure Moser has moved up most people's rank, and wonder how many would still keep Jacobson as high as they had him.
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » March 8th, 2018, 2:51 pm

Old School MVC wrote:I got thinking about this discussion from earlier and thought it might be a fun read going back to a topic again since Lusk is a main talk now. I wonder if many would rank their coaches the same way now as they did earlier in the year. I am sure Moser has moved up most people's rank, and wonder how many would still keep Jacobson as high as they had him.

My biggest changes would be Porter moving up and Lansing moving down. Jacobson is still the best coach in this league by a long ways. It took him 12 years before he hit a play in game and he has a resume that no one can touch, also has the highest rated recruit in at least 10 years coming in next year. Yes, AJ Green is rated higher than Shamet, McDuffie, VanVleet, etc.

My current rankings-
1-Jacobson
2-Muller
3-Moser
4-Wardle
5-Hinson
6-Medved
7-Lansing
8-Simmons
9-Lottich (still a bit incomplete, but there were times where he was totally outmatched)
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » March 8th, 2018, 3:40 pm

I don't think you can say it's a wide margin when a guy is only 27-27 in his last 3 years in the league. Others are recruiting better and getting better results including Moser and Muller. Jake still gets the nod based on history, but basketball is a results now oriented business; I would say 2018-2019 is an important year for UNI. They look like they could bounce back as they have a number of young veterans now to pair with incoming Green, but a middle of the pack finish and you have to start to say others have moved past him; not historically, but as far as effectiveness here and now.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball