$37.5M Renovation to Hulman Center.

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: $37.5M Renovation to Hulman Center.

Postby musiccitybulldog » October 23rd, 2017, 6:03 pm

Some stadiums are going for less but more comfortable seats. Have arms that raise, cushioned, leg room..etc.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pafan » October 23rd, 2017, 7:11 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Does ISUb own the facility; if so, why isn't it on campus?

Yes, ISU owns Hulman Center. The land was donated by the Hulman family in 1970, well after the main ISU campus was purchased.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby All-MVC Fan » October 23rd, 2017, 10:15 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Does ISUb own the facility; if so, why isn't it on campus?

Hulman Center is on Indiana State's campus.
All-MVC Fan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby RoyalShock » October 24th, 2017, 7:37 am

sycamore79 wrote:
RoyalShock wrote:How extensive are the renovations? That's a pretty good chunk of change to work with. Perhaps on par with the $25 mil WSU put into Koch arena 15 years ago?

Not quite sure what you are asking here, but 100% of the money is going towards renovating the Hulman Center. And for what it's worth the $25M you put into Koch 15 years ago is about $34M in today's money.

If you are asking what ISU plans to do with the renovation we can't give you a straight answer because no renderings or official statements have been released. But if I was a betting man, i'd bet that our NEEDS include: totally different outside/facade to the building, new heating & cooling systems, new lighting, installing new fiber optics for media/broadcasts/etc, and getting rid of the yellow seats! I'm sure there will be a lot more stuff but nothing has been officially stated.

Ok, I thought with renovations being in the works for a few years now maybe there were more concrete plans. At any rate, with $50 mil to work with the facility should be quite impressive when it's all done. And it certainly won't hurt recruiting.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby sycamore79 » October 24th, 2017, 9:02 am

RoyalShock wrote:Ok, I thought with renovations being in the works for a few years now maybe there were more concrete plans.

The final plans have been approved they just have not been released to public yet (at least to my knowledge)
sycamore79
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby mule » October 24th, 2017, 9:29 am

Is it the same architect from 2015? The architect then was the same firm that designed the Ford Center in Evansville and the renderings looked similar to the Ford Center.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sycamore79 » October 24th, 2017, 9:43 am

mule wrote:Is it the same architect from 2015? The architect then was the same firm that designed the Ford Center in Evansville and the renderings looked similar to the Ford Center.

Couldn't tell you. I remember those renderings back in 2015, but no one knows if the current plans are still those or if they drew up some new plans now that they are not adding a convention center.
sycamore79
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball