"Secret scrimmages"

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

"Secret scrimmages"

Postby DUBulldog » October 31st, 2017, 8:02 pm

Seems like every team plays a non-public scrimmage every year.

Drake played North Dakota State in Minneapolis on Saturday. If my source is to be believed, Drake won by 24. NDSU is picked for 3rd in the Summit League.
User avatar
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:17 pm

"Secret scrimmages"

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: "Secret scrimmages"

Postby BCPanther » October 31st, 2017, 9:53 pm

UNI got what was described as a 'Comfortable Win' over South Dakota State Saturday in Cedar Falls. Played 3 20 minute 'halves'.
BCPanther
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 818
Joined: August 8th, 2010, 9:10 am

Re: "Secret scrimmages"

Postby underdawg » November 1st, 2017, 6:28 am

Rumor has it that SIU was ahead in the last few minutes but got beat by Oklahoma State by 4 --don't know what final score was or stats
underdawg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 144
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 12:05 pm

Re: "Secret scrimmages"

Postby underdawg » November 1st, 2017, 6:36 am

BCPanther wrote:UNI got what was described as a 'Comfortable Win' over South Dakota State Saturday in Cedar Falls. Played 3 20 minute 'halves'.


The SDSU board says that the Jacks beat UNI by 15 and that UNI didn't "win comfortably" but SDSU did--where'd you get your info?
underdawg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 144
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 12:05 pm

Re: "Secret scrimmages"

Postby BCPanther » November 1st, 2017, 7:35 am

underdawg wrote:
BCPanther wrote:UNI got what was described as a 'Comfortable Win' over South Dakota State Saturday in Cedar Falls. Played 3 20 minute 'halves'.


The SDSU board says that the Jacks beat UNI by 15 and that UNI didn't "win comfortably" but SDSU did--where'd you get your info?


Guy that watched the scrimmage that will be part of UNIs traveling party all year.

This 'secret scrimmage' thing is so dumb. At least allow the media to report results or allow stats to be released. This leads to way too much 'he said, he said'...
BCPanther
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 818
Joined: August 8th, 2010, 9:10 am

Re: "Secret scrimmages"

Postby Majik45 » November 1st, 2017, 7:41 am

Bradley beat D2 Lewis last Thursday night, 71-58 in a public exhibition game. This was put together quickly as a hurricane relief game, and I heard Bradley raised over $6,000 for the salvation army that night.

Bradley plays NAIA Robert Morris of Chicago tonight in their other public exhibition game tonight.

Bradley will play a closed scrimmage at home on Saturday against UIC.
Majik45
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 153
Joined: March 2nd, 2011, 4:07 pm

Re: "Secret scrimmages"

Postby ahunte1 » November 1st, 2017, 8:35 am

Loyola and Northwestern are playing a "secret scrimmage" tomorrow. Doubt we'll hear much if anything about it.
ahunte1
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 130
Joined: April 14th, 2013, 2:06 pm

Re: "Secret scrimmages"

Postby BearUp11 » November 1st, 2017, 10:11 am

Missouri State and Mizzou will play a secret scrimmage sometime soon.
Everyday is a great day to BearUp!
BearUp11
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On
 
Posts: 6
Joined: February 24th, 2017, 6:51 pm

Re: "Secret scrimmages"

Postby E-Villan » November 1st, 2017, 10:12 am

Evansville hosted future MVC member Murray over the weekend. According to a Murray fan, there was three short games, with each team winning one, and tying the final. If that was the case, there should have been a game of horse to determine the winner.

However, the Aces beat writer for the Courier and Press said there was (1) regular length game. No word on the results. Either way, no one is saying much.

If anyone cares what Marty did have to say.....
https://twitter.com/patmhickey/status/9 ... 0889378816
E-Villan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 54
Joined: January 14th, 2015, 11:18 pm

Re: "Secret scrimmages"

Postby underdawg » November 1st, 2017, 11:27 am

I do--though I'm an SIU fan. Thanks for the interesting link
underdawg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 144
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 12:05 pm

Re: "Secret scrimmages"

Postby underdawg » November 1st, 2017, 11:31 am

BCPanther wrote:
underdawg wrote:
BCPanther wrote:UNI got what was described as a 'Comfortable Win' over South Dakota State Saturday in Cedar Falls. Played 3 20 minute 'halves'.


The SDSU board says that the Jacks beat UNI by 15 and that UNI didn't "win comfortably" but SDSU did--where'd you get your info?


Guy that watched the scrimmage that will be part of UNIs traveling party all year.

This 'secret scrimmage' thing is so dumb. At least allow the media to report results or allow stats to be released. This leads to way too much 'he said, he said'...


Well then I believe his version of UNI "winning" than the Dang Jackrabbits' fan board :) I kind of agree that they don't mean much--unless of course you get smoked by North Carolina A&T :D Now THAT might mean something
underdawg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 144
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 12:05 pm

Re: "Secret scrimmages"

Postby isumvc1 » November 1st, 2017, 9:06 pm

Indiana State beat Illinois in their secret scrimmage 79-77
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 2509
Joined: August 7th, 2010, 7:18 pm
Location: just west of the middle of nowhere

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bo Rambler, Google Adsense [Bot], Mikovio, mvfcfan and 12 guests