Koch Bar not playing this weekend

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby BuBrave2006 » November 17th, 2017, 9:15 am

Koch apparently had issues with renewing his passport in time. Coach Wardle posted a letter on twitter explaining the details. I won't try to explain it because I have no idea how the government works and am sure I would get something wrong.

Point is, Bradley is going to see a lot of Donte, Childs and Barker this weekend.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Koch Bar not playing this weekend

Postby ptownbraves » November 17th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Too bad because there's a decent chance Bradley pulls off the win against Vermont with him in the lineup.

Wardle's statement was pretty direct...even saying Bradley never would have played in this tournament if he knew the passport thing was going to be an issue. He also lists the number of parties involved for several months trying to get a valid passport for Koch, including the former Secretary of Transportation's son, Darin LaHood, who is a local congressman. Sounds like they tried to move mountains, even BU's DBO flying to DC in March with Koch and meeting with the South Sudanese embassy.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby pafan » November 17th, 2017, 4:55 pm

For those who may not follow international politics, South Sudan has been in a state of civil war and famine for the last 3-4 years after a government of national unity disintegrated. It isn't a surprise to me that the government in Juba, South Sudan couldn't be bothered to issue passport documents.

A peace agreement was literally signed yesterday, brokered by Egyptian President al-Sisi.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby ACECARD » November 17th, 2017, 7:50 pm

Bradley won every aspect of this game, but the final score. Bradley is going to raise a stink this year in the Valley. Wait and see.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bradleyfan1 » November 17th, 2017, 10:21 pm

ACECARD wrote:Bradley won every aspect of this game, but the final score. Bradley is going to raise a stink this year in the Valley. Wait and see.

Free throws and turnovers cost us the W. Only 10 mins for Jo Jo? Value the ball! NK and Child’s and Brown is a nice Trio the next 3 years. Go BU!
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball