MVC ranking

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

MVC ranking

Postby jsaluki080 » November 20th, 2017, 6:16 am

So apparently we're ahead of the A10 now. What do you guys think? Is the MVC on the upswing (2 bids)? Just early good luck? I don't follow as closely as I used to. And I know many of you do, so I'm curious to hear some thoughts about where we're at and where we'll end up and all. :Cheers:
jsaluki080
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

MVC ranking

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC ranking

Postby Valleyball » November 20th, 2017, 8:24 am

I think it is just early success.I doubt we get two. Possibly if two really separate themselves in conference play. I say just be happy if the MVC does well enough to build it's reputation and get people to talk about it. When conference season starts we will start dropping again unless a couple teams beat everyone.
Valleyball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby achrist70 » November 20th, 2017, 9:27 am

To me the big key to continued conference relevance is how our teams do in their tournaments this week. Missouri State should win their tournament rather easily, although they also should have beaten NDSU, you just never know with Paul Lusk. It would be nice to see Evansville pick up at least one win in Cancun. UNI has by far the toughest tournament, if they could pick up 2 wins some how that would be huge.
achrist70
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ACECARD » November 20th, 2017, 10:55 am

achrist70 wrote:To me the big key to continued conference relevance is how our teams do in their tournaments this week. Missouri State should win their tournament rather easily, although they also should have beaten NDSU, you just never know with Paul Lusk. It would be nice to see Evansville pick up at least one win in Cancun. UNI has by far the toughest tournament, if they could pick up 2 wins some how that would be huge.

That's a big if for the Aces. The Aces have been better than I thought they would be, but their 4 wins have been against 4 rather less than stellar teams. Story is still out on how they will fare against stronger competition, and how they will play on the road.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » November 20th, 2017, 11:00 am

While this early success probably isn't sustainable...

the sky isn't falling around here like those yahoo Wichita fans would like you to think.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » November 20th, 2017, 11:14 am

We're going to know a lot about this league in the next couple weeks as everybody plays in their MTEs and starts playing better competition. Really looking forward to the Mountain West games as well. We're going to know what the league really looks like.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » November 20th, 2017, 12:54 pm

I've moved on from Belmont but damn MSU and Belmont would be really nice to have
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby achrist70 » November 20th, 2017, 3:02 pm

Well Missouri State isn't helping the conference.
achrist70
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aargh » November 20th, 2017, 3:52 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:While this early success probably isn't sustainable...

the sky isn't falling around here like those yahoo Selection Committee would like you to think.

I thought that needed one slight correction

2017:

WSU 30-5 (17-1) 10 seed with the auto bid
IlSU 27-7 (17-1) NIT
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » November 20th, 2017, 3:55 pm

Should have fired Lusk lol. Good for ISUr...and everyone else. Sad to see such a talented team go to waste.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball