MVC ranking

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC ranking

Postby sivert » November 28th, 2017, 11:38 am

The next two days of the B1G ACC challenge should give the B1G a boost, especially if they win a few.

Monday, Nov. 27
ACC Syracuse 72, Maryland 70
ACC Virginia 49, Wisconsin 37

Tuesday, Nov. 28

Northwestern at Georgia Tech, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
Florida State at Rutgers, 7 p.m. (ESPNU)
Louisville at Purdue, 8 p.m. (ESPN)
Iowa at Virginia Tech, 9 p.m. (ESPN2)
Illinois at Wake Forest, 9 p.m. (ESPNU)

Wednesday, Nov. 29
Clemson at Ohio State, 7:15 p.m. (ESPN2)
Penn State at North Carolina State, 7:15 p.m. (ESPNU)
Michigan at North Carolina, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Miami at Minnesota, 9:15 p.m. (ESPN2)
Boston College at Nebraska, 9:15 p.m. (ESPNU)
Duke at Indiana, 9:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Thursday, Nov. 30
Notre Dame at Michigan State, 7 p.m. (ESPN)
Go Panthers!!
sivert
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AndShock » November 28th, 2017, 1:08 pm

We are approaching the realistic possibility that the Valley will finish ahead of the American this year. The American seems to be getting worse with each passing week and the Valley is holding strong. This might have meant something 10 years ago but now the committee only cares about top 25 or top 50 wins (I can't even remember at this point). I think being in a conference w/ Cincy this year might be more valuable than being in a conference with 9 schools ranked 50-100.

For the record I think that is extremely flawed and a shame the Selection Committee decided to go down that path, but that's the way it has seemed to be recently.
Last edited by AndShock on November 28th, 2017, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » November 28th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Even if the MVC is a 1 bid league this year the emense amount of joy I would get out of the MVC finishing a head of the mighty AAC that is light years a head of the MVC is going to make up for some of that.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » November 28th, 2017, 3:47 pm

uniftw wrote:Even if the MVC is a 1 bid league this year the emense amount of joy I would get out of the MVC finishing a head of the mighty AAC that is light years a head of the MVC is going to make up for some of that.

And rightfully so. I would have an immense amount of joy if the AAC finished ahead of any P5 conferences even though it would be better for us to be in a P5 conference.

I'm just trying to preempt the "should have stayed in the MVC" posts that are sure to come.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » November 28th, 2017, 3:55 pm

AndShock wrote:We are approaching the realistic possibility that the Valley will finish ahead of the American this year. The American seems to be getting worse with each passing week and the Valley is holding strong. This might have meant something 10 years ago but now the committee only cares about top 25 or top 50 wins (I can't even remember at this point). I think being in a conference w/ Cincy this year might be more valuable than being in a conference with 9 schools ranked 50-100.

For the record I think that is extremely flawed and a shame the Selection Committee decided to go down that path, but that's the way it has seemed to be recently.

Please share this with Shocker Fever on your message board. He is someone who has a disdain for the Redbirds and thinks this conference is garbage now without his beloved Shockers. I am sure he is not alone in that thinking.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheAsianSensation » November 28th, 2017, 5:50 pm

AndShock wrote:We are approaching the realistic possibility that the Valley will finish ahead of the American this year. The American seems to be getting worse with each passing week and the Valley is holding strong. This might have meant something 10 years ago but now the committee only cares about top 25 or top 50 wins (I can't even remember at this point). I think being in a conference w/ Cincy this year might be more valuable than being in a conference with 9 schools ranked 50-100.

...nah. SoS numbers aren't going to help us and the elite teams will carry the AAC to the #7 spot in the CRPI.

And keep up, the committee now cares about Tier 1 victories, not Top 50. :lol:
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby mvfcfan » December 2nd, 2017, 12:18 pm

Valparaiso is projected to be a 12 seed playing Gonzaga in the latest bracket projection.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bearvision » December 2nd, 2017, 4:28 pm

This man is correct. It was a great move for Wichita, of course, for the simple fact there are a few other name brand programs in the conference.

I've watched Wichita a few times and they are fantastic this year. When they get McDuffie back they are going to be a team with a legitimate chance to win the national title. They rebound and defend as well as any team you'll see anywhere.
Bearvision
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sivert » December 2nd, 2017, 8:56 pm

It has been fun watching the MVC, MWC, and B1G switch back and forth. The B1G was on top for a while today, but after the MSU victory over SDSU,

5 Missouri Valley Conf 0.5553
6 Mountain West Conf 0.5538
7 Big Ten Conference 0.5509

...the MVC is once again barely holding their RPI lead.
Go Panthers!!
sivert
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby IllinoisState » December 3rd, 2017, 4:37 pm

sivert wrote:It has been fun watching the MVC, MWC, and B1G switch back and forth. The B1G was on top for a while today, but after the MSU victory over SDSU,

5 Missouri Valley Conf 0.5553
6 Mountain West Conf 0.5538
7 Big Ten Conference 0.5509

...the MVC is once again barely holding their RPI lead.

Barely is good enough for me. The non conference season is coming to an end and we are looking pretty good.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball