MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Postby squirrel » December 20th, 2017, 11:27 am

It is possible to be upset and disappointed in the schedule and also realize that given Bradley's awfulness for this entire decade to date, they have to go out and also prove they are worth scheduling.

That being said, that's not giving them a pass on going to EIU and going to Chicago St.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 536
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 11:49 am

Re: MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Postby outpost » December 21st, 2017, 9:42 am

I have read this thread and notice one distinct omission from all posters (so far).

Nobody has mentioned anything about the other conferences. Upsets in the wrong conferences will destroy any hopes for a conference outside of P5, P6 (or whatever you want to call it) for getting an at large.
outpost
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit
 
Posts: 15
Joined: October 20th, 2010, 7:05 am

Re: MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Postby Red » December 21st, 2017, 12:14 pm

outpost wrote:I have read this thread and notice one distinct omission from all posters (so far).

Nobody has mentioned anything about the other conferences. Upsets in the wrong conferences will destroy any hopes for a conference outside of P5, P6 (or whatever you want to call it) for getting an at large.


IMO it's Power 5 for football. If you're going to P6 for hoops, where does the AAC rank because it's still not the sixth?
Red
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 642
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 3:37 pm

Re: MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Postby AndShock » December 21st, 2017, 12:27 pm

Red wrote:
outpost wrote:I have read this thread and notice one distinct omission from all posters (so far).

Nobody has mentioned anything about the other conferences. Upsets in the wrong conferences will destroy any hopes for a conference outside of P5, P6 (or whatever you want to call it) for getting an at large.


IMO it's Power 5 for football. If you're going to P6 for hoops, where does the AAC rank because it's still not the sixth?

Some people are trying to make Major 7 a thing.
AndShock
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 917
Joined: August 9th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Re: MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Postby Old School MVC » December 21st, 2017, 1:08 pm

AndShock wrote:Some people are trying to make Major 7 a thing.


Only those in the AAC
Old School MVC
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 135
Joined: October 3rd, 2016, 6:19 pm

Re: MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » December 21st, 2017, 1:46 pm

Old School MVC wrote:
AndShock wrote:Some people are trying to make Major 7 a thing.


Only those in the AAC



HEY! Tulane will be good again....maybe one day...
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 396
Joined: April 10th, 2017, 4:20 pm

Re: MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Postby AndShock » December 21st, 2017, 1:59 pm

Old School MVC wrote:
AndShock wrote:Some people are trying to make Major 7 a thing.


Only those in the AAC

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... onference/
AndShock
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 917
Joined: August 9th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Re: MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Postby Stickboy46 » December 21st, 2017, 2:36 pm

Old School MVC wrote:
AndShock wrote:Some people are trying to make Major 7 a thing.


Only those in the AAC


P6 is 100% a marketing campaign driven by the AAC ... for football.

The major 7 thing has actually be created and driven by the national media. There is a pretty big gap in analytics between 7-8 right now. along with the projected bid difference. That's what is driving that distinction.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 674
Joined: April 21st, 2015, 9:24 am

Re: MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Postby Stickboy46 » December 21st, 2017, 2:41 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Old School MVC wrote:
AndShock wrote:Some people are trying to make Major 7 a thing.


Only those in the AAC



HEY! Tulane will be good again....maybe one day...


Tulane actually isn't half bad this year. Top 150ish team.

Now USF and ECU .... woof ... those 2 schools are the only 2 schools in the AAC with a negative KenPom AjdEM and they sit at -9.47 and -10.42 (Drake is -3.35 by comparison). Thankfully WSU only plays them 1 time each this year.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 674
Joined: April 21st, 2015, 9:24 am

Re: MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Postby TheAsianSensation » December 21st, 2017, 7:58 pm

Bradley was in a bad spot where they couldn't get anyone. The tail end of these 2-for-1s are going to hurt, but were needed at the time. EIU and SEMO were necessary medicine.

There is never an excuse for Chicago St, though. And the message should be clear that the non-con has to ramp up, now.

I trust Muller at ISU to schedule appropriately. I also trust Valpo too, I think intent is not matching up with numbers this season.

And for those wondering about conference hierarchy:
There's the Big 6, then the AAC is 7th in a tier of their own.
A-10 and MWC are the next tier, and the MVC is probably in the next one, with us reaching a high-water mark this year only because the A-10 is an unbelievable tire fire. I still think the MWC moves ahead of us in CRPI by March.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: April 6th, 2012, 7:23 am

Re: MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Postby Dansen » December 26th, 2017, 9:41 am

Found an interesting up to date chart that lists every conference's rankings according to Kenpom, and averages them. MVC is currently the 8th best conference, with an average kenpom of 134

What I really like to see and this chart shows is that we have no anchors drawing us down that hurts other conferences

https://i.imgur.com/FwWsJza.png
Dansen
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit
 
Posts: 18
Joined: June 29th, 2017, 12:15 pm

Re: MVC Thriving Despite Loss of WSU

Postby jsaluki080 » December 26th, 2017, 10:59 am

Dansen wrote:Found an interesting up to date chart that lists every conference's rankings according to Kenpom, and averages them. MVC is currently the 8th best conference, with an average kenpom of 134

What I really like to see and this chart shows is that we have no anchors drawing us down that hurts other conferences

https://i.imgur.com/FwWsJza.png


I couldn’t read that at all. Is there a link to a better quality picture or am I doing something wrong?
jsaluki080
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit
 
Posts: 22
Joined: April 14th, 2013, 8:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jsnhbe1Birds, Rambler63 and 10 guests