Next years non-conference schedule

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Next years non-conference schedule

Postby IWokeUpLikeThis » September 5th, 2018, 9:06 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
isumvc1 wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:I hope 2 more games or that's weak AF and in line with Bradley

I totally see your point, but for me that's an ok schedule. I don't think we're supposed to be very good this year, we've had 4 losing seasons in a row (and getting worse). So we need winnable games on the schedule.

We have 7 Saturday home games, so hopefully the fans come back (if we start winning)

There should be two more games and its completely okay for one to be a D2 school because that's actually a pretty decent 10 but its unacceptable to play 28 games. In fact I don't even think it's legal. I think you have to schedule at least 29.

There are teams who schedule 27 or 28 games every year. An at-large contender one year only played 27.

OT, but may I ask what’s with your posts about women? You had the post here saying the woman who took Yarbrough’s phone was “free game” and “should be glad she was only pushed down the stairs”. Now you’re on ISU’s site joking about another’s wife “smack that bitch up! #MeToo”
IWokeUpLikeThis
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » September 5th, 2018, 9:30 am

i abuse women and kill animals. Mainly puppies and kittens.

FYI: there is a block button you can use

for the people on here he was making fun of his wife too and the comment was obviously in jest and sarcastic. I was not telling him to beat her i was referencing the prodigy's song smack my bitch up from like 1997 but he left that part out.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Adunk33 » September 6th, 2018, 3:05 pm

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/9/ ... yu-gonzaga

Nevada at Loyola University Chicago, Nov. 27
How the hell did this game get relegated to ESPNEWS, while Virginia Tech plays Penn State on ESPN2 or ESPNU? If you get that alleged channel, you’ll be in for a treat as we get a rematch of last year’s Sweet 16 showdown. Nevada figures to be a trendy preseason Final Four pick, but the Wolf Pack will have an early challenge against a Loyola team that needs to take every opportunity it possibly can to beat a likely tournament team. Marques Townes, who dropped 18 on the Wolf Pack in March, is back for his senior season along with Clayton Custer, while Large Adult Son Cameron Krutwig enters his sophomore year with lofty expectations.

San Diego State at Illinois State, Dec. 1
The Mountain West/Missouri Valley Challenge gives us another gem, this one coming a few days later. Illinois State has three of the best players in the MVC in Phil Fayne, Malik Yarbrough, and Keyshawn Evans. For the Aztecs, Devin Watson is the leading returning scorer, though Jalen McDaniels made a name for himself inside with an awesome freshman year. Given how we get this game and the Loyola-Nevada contest, it should be a federal crime to end the MW/MVC challenge. Friends, please rethink this.

Illinois State at UCF, Dec. 21
Want to know the teams to watch in the Valley? Ask yourself this one question: Is the team from the state of Illinois? If the answer is yes, they have a shot to make some noise. For the Redbirds, this will be their second chance in a month to come up with a huge win over a possible NCAA Tournament team. No, literally a huge win. Like, a win against the 9-foot Tacko Fall

Illinois State at Loyola University Chicago, Jan. 12
In all likelihood, one of these two teams is going to win the MVC Tournament and the other will be fighting for an at-large bid. This will end up being a quad 1 (is that how we should write it? quad 1? Quad 1? quad one? Let us know, this is important) win for either team so it will become an important data point for the committee. Hopefully ESPN sees this game for what it is and puts it on one of its major channels. You know, unless Tulane is playing East Carolina or something.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » September 21st, 2018, 5:55 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:I hope 2 more games or that's weak AF and in line with Bradley

well, our final home games were announced today, one exhibition game against Rose Hulman University, and the other 2 are against the University of McKendree and the University of Truman State. So sadly, no D-I games. We just don't have any money to be able to buy D1 opponents to come to TH
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » September 21st, 2018, 6:05 pm

isumvc1 wrote:

well, our final home games were announced today, one exhibition game against Rose Hulman University, and the other 2 are against the University of McKendree and the University of Truman State. So sadly, no D-I games. We just don't have any money to be able to buy D1 opponents to come to TH

At least you got two more regular season games. Just too bad one of them isnt D-1. Even an away game vs D1 would havd been better.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » September 21st, 2018, 6:15 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
isumvc1 wrote:

At least you got two more regular season games. Just too bad one of them isnt D-1. Even an away game vs D1 would havd been better.

Agreed, an away game vs a good D1 would have been nice
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » October 3rd, 2018, 7:31 am

UNI is final--

Oct 28-Wartburg (Exhib)
Nov 1- Upper Iowa (Exhib)
Nov 6--Bemidji State
Nov 10-@ UT-Arlington (End of H-H)
Nov 16-Penn at Paradise Jam
Nov 18-Kansas State or EKU at Paradise Jam
Nov 19-Mizzou/ODU/Oregon State/Kennesaw State at Paradise Jam
Nov 23-@ Old Dominion (1st of H-H)
Nov 28-@ Utah State (MWC Challenge)
Dec 1--South Dakota State in Minneapolis (US Bank Stadium Classic)
Dec 8--Dubuque
Dec 15-Iowa in Des Moines (Final Big 4 Classic)
Dec 19-Grand Canyon (1st of H-N, next year in Glendale AZ)
Dec 22-North Dakota (First of a 2 for 1, Jake's Alma Mater)
Dec 29-Stony Brook (Buy Game)

It's rough. No DI home games until December 19th. Still tons of opportunity, its just away from Cedar Falls. Biggest key is beating Penn in the first round of the Paradise Jam as the backside of that bracket will be pretty awful.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » October 3rd, 2018, 12:30 pm

Not a bad schedule unless you are a season ticket holder.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » October 3rd, 2018, 1:51 pm

Red wrote:Not a bad schedule unless you are a season ticket holder.

And realistically, from Cedar Falls its an hour and forty minutes to Des Moines to see them play Iowa and less than 3 hours to the southern suburbs of the Cities to take the train downtown to US Bank Stadium for that game.

I boycott the Des Moines event out of principle but will be making the trip to Minneapolis for about as unique an event as you can imagine.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » October 3rd, 2018, 3:55 pm

BCPanther wrote:
    Red wrote:Not a bad schedule unless you are a season ticket holder.

And realistically, from Cedar Falls its an hour and forty minutes to Des Moines to see them play Iowa and less than 3 hours to the southern suburbs of the Cities to take the train downtown to US Bank Stadium for that game.

I boycott the Des Moines event out of principle but will be making the trip to Minneapolis for about as unique an event as you can imagine.

Can always make up for by attending the Drake game. 3.5 hours to Peoria. 4 hours 15 minutes to Bloomington. 4 hours 45 minutes to Loyola. 5 hours 15 minutes to Valpo
    Jsnhbe1Birds
    MVC Hall Of Famer
    MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball