Next years non-conference schedule

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Next years non-conference schedule

Postby BCPanther » April 17th, 2018, 12:07 pm

And Loyola pisses it down their leg with the MTE.

Gulf Coast Showcase--
Loyola
Towson
Pepperdine
Incarnate Word
Georgia Southern
Florida Atlantic
Miami (OH)
North Dakota State

Embarrassing. Marty level emabarrassing.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » April 17th, 2018, 1:00 pm

You’d be better off not even bothering with that MTE and just scheduling those 3 games at your discretion.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » April 17th, 2018, 2:03 pm

Pretty rough tournament; not thrilled, but it was also agreed upon over a year ago. Next years tournament should be more reflective of the past season.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » April 17th, 2018, 2:49 pm

I may be wrong, but that was the same poor tourney the Bears were in last year, and Bradley I think the year before. It was my understanding the MVC agreed to have a team in that tourney for x number of years, so it may not be entirely on LOC as to why them right now.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » April 17th, 2018, 2:59 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:I may be wrong, but that was the same poor tourney the Bears were in last year, and Bradley I think the year before. It was my understanding the MVC agreed to have a team in that tourney for x number of years, so it may not be entirely on LOC as to why them right now.

If that's the case. It needs to be assigned to a rebuilding program.

Thank GOD, UNI is booked for the next four years so we don't have to deal with it anytime soon.

2018- Paradise Jam
2019- MGM Main Event in Vegas
2020- ESPN Event (Probably Orlando or Charleston, ESPNs Choice)
2021- Battle 4 Atlantis
2022- Nothing Confirmed but trying to get into CBE Classic in KC.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » April 17th, 2018, 4:02 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:I may be wrong, but that was the same poor tourney the Bears were in last year, and Bradley I think the year before. It was my understanding the MVC agreed to have a team in that tourney for x number of years, so it may not be entirely on LOC as to why them right now.

Bradley played in it this past season. It was not a very good experience. We lost to Vermont by 1 and then won our two consolation games. The competition level was fair for us given where we thought we would be competitively at the start of the year. That being said, the tournament was very poorly run. The referees were terrible. The games were not televised other than needing to buy a subscription to the sponsor of the tournament or something weird like that. Games didn't start on time. It was just not very good.

This is a low-major budget operation and every single team from the Valley can and should do better.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Mikovio » April 18th, 2018, 10:35 am

In fairness though, the Bahamas resort where it's held (Grand Hyatt Baha Mar) is amazing, and cost a billion dollars. Too bad they can't pay better for this event.

I understand they had a commitment before the F4 but Loyola should have tried to get out of this. Winning these games do nothing for their resume and a loss to several of these teams will kill them if they're on the bubble. Of course the committee might be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt next year if it's close but why make it harder on yourselves?
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » April 18th, 2018, 11:51 am

Mikovio wrote:In fairness though, the Bahamas resort where it's held (Grand Hyatt Baha Mar) is amazing, and cost a billion dollars. Too bad they can't pay better for this event.

I understand they had a commitment before the F4 but Loyola should have tried to get out of this. Winning these games do nothing for their resume and a loss to several of these teams will kill them if they're on the bubble. Of course the committee might be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt next year if it's close but why make it harder on yourselves?

The Baha Mar isn't going to pay anything for an event like this.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » April 20th, 2018, 8:31 am

Bradley has apparently drawn New Mexico in the MVC/MW Challenge.

https://twitter.com/GeoffGrammer/status ... 9922612224
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Mikovio » April 20th, 2018, 11:43 am

Awesome. Time for some payback for Danny Granger!

Still a pretty woeful schedule for Bradley so far. Need a few more New Mexico's or better.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball