Arch Madness advice for a Valpo newbie

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby CheeseheadCrusader » December 8th, 2017, 10:15 am

Good Morning.

Was planning on grabbing my tickets today and wanted to see what the best way to go about it is.

Website says to go through school's ticket office for team blocks but where do they usually put those. Really don't want to be stuck behind one of the baskets.

How do my fellow fine fans of the MVC go about getting their tickets?
CheeseheadCrusader
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Arch Madness advice for a Valpo newbie

Postby AndShock » December 8th, 2017, 10:29 am

You’re in a transition year so no one really knows what to fully expect. If sitting with your school’s fans is important then just go through your school and get the tickets that way. If you just want in the arena with a bit of a choice of where you sit, you can buy from scalpers and probably get tickets for all the games for $50 as opposed to the $155 you’re paying through your school.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 8th, 2017, 10:31 am

CheeseheadCrusader wrote:Good Morning.

Was planning on grabbing my tickets today and wanted to see what the best way to go about it is.

Website says to go through school's ticket office for team blocks but where do they usually put those. Really don't want to be stuck behind one of the baskets.

How do my fellow fine fans of the MVC go about getting their tickets?

You can buy them through school, but the location of those seats aren't determined for awhile (they section off each schools area based on how many pre-sold all session tix are given). Usually the more sold, the better chance you have of being behind the baskets.....ask Wichita.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ahunte1 » December 8th, 2017, 10:43 am

If you want to guarantee seats in the Valpo section and support the school a little bit (they have to sell a certain number of packages), get them through the school.

If you don't want all the games, or don't care as much about where you sit, just get an individual session ticket from the box office (there will be other deals on Ticketmaster through through the MVC as well) or Stubhub or a scalper.

I've done it both ways. Through the school when I knew I wanted to go to 3 or 4 sessions and could sell my Sunday ticket to a Wichita fan, and a one off when I couldn't make it down to STL for the whole thing.

You won't know until next year where the seats will be, but here's a recent chart to give you an idea.

ahunte1
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » December 8th, 2017, 11:00 am

Go the scalper route for Thursday if you want to get in. Wait until the game tips. You'll miss a few minutes but at that point they need to unload and get what they can.

After the Thursday games start hitting up fans of teams that lost. Many will dump tickets at low prices. Go to the bars that night. I've had amazing success getting amazing tickets at 2:30 AM as people are drunk and stumbling around.

2010 I got seats in section 115 row 5 plus access to the Bud Light Zone from a SIU (I think) fan that had corporate sponsor seats. $100 for 2 all session tickets and access to the Bud Light Zone which has free food, beer and soda.

Once your in you can pretty much get anywhere you want. Look like you know where you're going and go. Don't let the stewards stop you. Scout the arena, find seats you want, and then walk through the concourse and entrance like you know exactly where you are supposed to be. Once you're in the bowl there isn't a steward that gives enough of a damn to come check tickets.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 8th, 2017, 12:15 pm

uniftw wrote:2010 I got seats in section 115 row 5 plus access to the Bud Light Zone from a SIU (I think) fan that had corporate sponsor seats. $100 for 2 all session tickets and access to the Bud Light Zone which has free food, beer and soda.

Full disclosure, certain beers (Bud Select, Bud light) and certain wines are $3....not free.

I grab two at each halftime (end game) and eat free food every year. You can bring the beer, not the food, down to your seats.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Old School MVC » December 8th, 2017, 1:12 pm

I always buy my first ticket from a Scalper for the Club level (Center court). Make sure I say hi and talk with the ushers that whole session (of course I go to both ends of the club to check my stub). Then every session after that I buy the cheapest ticket in the arena, not caring where it is, walk to the Club section and say hi to the same usher and find an open seat. They just assume I have the All Session pass since I spoke with them the Session / day before. It has worked every year!
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » December 8th, 2017, 2:25 pm

Old School MVC wrote:I always buy my first ticket from a Scalper for the Club level (Center court). Make sure I say hi and talk with the ushers that whole session (of course I go to both ends of the club to check my stub). Then every session after that I buy the cheapest ticket in the arena, not caring where it is, walk to the Club section and say hi to the same usher and find an open seat. They just assume I have the All Session pass since I spoke with them the Session / day before. It has worked every year!

That's the way to do it. Back when we drew 23K that didn't work. At this point just walk in like you belong.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » December 9th, 2017, 11:59 am

It seems it alternates each year, good seats, bad seats based on team, through the school. When I've had bad seats, it's been no problem moving and seeing better. Many fans leave(return home) after their team gets beat. I've found it hard to give tickets away even when on first or second row on the sides. Now without Wichita it's hard to think seating would be any issue.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » December 9th, 2017, 12:50 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote: Now without Wichita it's hard to think seating would be any issue.

Probably true but it could be that the tourney feels more wide open and will draw more folks from each school.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball