MVC team standing prediction

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC team standing prediction

Postby bufan741777 » January 4th, 2018, 4:23 pm

BCPanther wrote:2-6 turned into 11-7. 0-5 turned into 9-9 and a 3 seed. Sure the bottom of the league is better but until somebody else surpasses UNIs consistency, I don't think any of us should just assume UNI is a Thursday team because they started 0-2. This roster isn't really any different than the last two years talent wise, just a bit less experienced in the guard court.

New year, new season. It's a lot easier to stay out of Thursday if you show up ready for conference play from the beginning. Not two weeks in.
bufan741777
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby chitown fanatic » January 4th, 2018, 4:38 pm

BCPanther wrote:
bufan741777 wrote:
Kip Dynamite wrote:Its still very early but if I had to rank teams as of this moment (not based solely on their respective records) it would look like this:

Mo State
Drake
Bradley
UNI
SIU
Loyola
Illinois State
Evansville
Indiana State
Valpo

I think UNI and ISUr should be flipped. ISUr tends to barely win games and looked better in the beginning of the season but they have significant wins this season. I by no means feel that they will end up playing on Thursday. I think UNI will turn their play around but these early losses may keep them playing on Thursday. There is a good chance they will be 0-3 after today's game. If they win today I would put them in the 5-6 range.

SMU, NC State, UNLV and UT Arlington aren't significant wins? Good to know. Even with a loss tonight and as frustrating as UNI always seems to be this time of year, they won't be playing on Thursday. Starting to approach the Creighton streak for years avoiding Thursday. I believe Creighton got to 16 before they left and this will be 14 for UNI.

Thursday is still definitely a possibility for the panthers. Youre just not that good this year. You cant score and this Koch is not like the other ones. I think Jacobsen may squeak you by yet again but overcoming another extended O fer start will be tougher this year.
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby E-Villan » January 4th, 2018, 4:42 pm

Kip Dynamite wrote:Its still very early but if I had to rank teams as of this moment (not based solely on their respective records) it would look like this:

Mo State
Drake
Bradley
UNI
SIU
Loyola
Illinois State
Evansville
Indiana State
Valpo

From what I have seen, I pretty well agree with you at the top....although Drake may actually be 1st. I will give UNI a little room since they do tend to trend upwards during the season. Jacobson knows how to improve deficiencies during the season. I would have Loyola and Illinois State above UNI and SIU. SIU looked bad last night, and squeaked out a 2 point win at home primarily because UE kept shooting itself in the arse. My Thursdays for right now would be UE, SIU, InSU and Valpo.

These are all subject to change after this weekend.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Old School MVC » January 4th, 2018, 4:43 pm

BCPanther wrote:2-6 turned into 11-7. 0-5 turned into 9-9 and a 3 seed. Sure the bottom of the league is better but until somebody else surpasses UNIs consistency, I don't think any of us should just assume UNI is a Thursday team because they started 0-2. This roster isn't really any different than the last two years talent wise, just a bit less experienced in the guard court.

Just like I don't think any of us should just assume UNI is NOT a Thursday team because they haven't been the last 13 years.

I do not think they are a Thursday team either, but I can not say it with much confidence right now.
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball